OLD TIRES SOLD AS NEW BLOW UP. CHECK YOUR TIRES!

I just got new tires 3 months ago? Only place I could find these numbers were these:
View media item 165663Safe to assume 1st week of 2011?

actually man get new tires asap. Those are pre 2000 tires. all 3 digit codes are pre 2000...Tires with a three-digit code were made prior to 2000 and are trickier to decode. The first two digits still tell you the week, but the third digit tells you the year in the decade that it was created.Prior to the year 2000 there was only 3 symbols used for identifying the week and year of a tire's fabrication.

Good luck fam, if its below 0 outside and im walking tshirt and barefoot out in 5 foot of snow and you pull up to give me a ride, imma have to say naw, im straight fam..lol Kill yourself on your own dime

Last edited:
I just got new tires 3 months ago? Only place I could find these numbers were these:
View media item 165663Safe to assume 1st week of 2011?

actually man get new tires asap. Those are pre 2000 tires. all 3 digit codes are pre 2000...Tires with a three-digit code were made prior to 2000 and are trickier to decode. The first two digits still tell you the week, but the third digit tells you the year in the decade that it was created.Prior to the year 2000 there was only 3 symbols used for identifying the week and year of a tire's fabrication.

Good luck fam, if its below 0 outside and im walking tshirt and barefoot out in 5 foot of snow and you pull up to give me a ride, imma have to say naw, im straight fam..lol Kill yourself on your own dime

wait so the 1 means what? only other options are 2001 or 1991 :x can a tire even be held together after 1 mile when its that old lol?

hmmm i might be looking at the wrong number, there is no way this tire is that old. i don't think they even came out with these tires in 2001, let alone 1991. Michelin LTX M/S2's.

its gotta be 2001 at the worst case, but im pretty sure its 2011. no way someone is still cruising on the reg with a '91 tire. 2010 tires end in the number 10 so 2011...u see what i mean.

you're looking at the wrong numbers, i believe thats the load rating. the year may be on the opposite side of the tire

You guys had me shook thinking I was going to die the next time I get in my car. :lol:

It was on the inside, not sure if it's supposed to be that way or the dudes at Big O Tires just did it wrong, but all is well.

View media item 166967
30th week of 2012.

You guys had me shook thinking I was going to die the next time I get in my car. :lol:

It was on the inside, not sure if it's supposed to be that way or the dudes at Big O Tires just did it wrong, but all is well.

View media item 166967
30th week of 2012.

:lol: you may wanna check if they mounted that **** right, especially if they're directional tires. most tires designate which side is the outerwall.

at least your shoes were made this year :pimp:

Yo.............. two of my back tires were made back in 2002............ R.I.P :smh:

Last edited:
dang pre 2001 and 2002^ hope yall drive safely. I had my tires checked out and they were given the good to go even with the dry cracking. i'm just gonna swap em out whenever possible but be safe on the road! you're not only endangering your own lives but others too. :rolleyes

Fam how are you riding on XIV's out there in 2012?

Back
Top Bottom