Older Niker Talkers 30+

Be 31 in a couple weeks, been here since I was 18. I worked in an outlet in college and this site definitely helped me figure out the rare finds that would hit my store plus employee store pricing on Jordan's for 5 years, I never paid more then 90 for a new release and never had to worry about going to a store to buy them. I remember getting to NT chi at midnight and sitting all night for Espos and Pharrells and I was one of the first people in line. Now days I'd have to get there 5 days early and still wouldn't get my size.

I stick to dress shoes or the occasional am1/90 now days. Live through my 3 year old on retros since they are easy to get, rather buy him the new releases then buy myself a pair that will sit on a shelf next to rest of my older js that are rarely worn...3's and 11's are the occasional exception. 150 into kids college fund or on shoes...pretty easy decision for me. But love general for staying up on the trends and keeping in touch with the younger generation. My employees love that I know half of the random stuff they talk about.

Yo, didn't I buy a pair of shoes from you a long *** time ago? Footpatrol Stabs, or am I off? Could've sworn that was you but my memory is foggy. Used to come through your store on my way back and forth from MI...Edinburgh right?

I'm 31, been a lurker on NT since 19. Didn't join until I got my first smart device(blackberry) when I was 24. Didn't really start posting till I got an Sidekick at 26(thanks ninjahood)

Yo, didn't I buy a pair of shoes from you a long *** time ago? Footpatrol Stabs, or am I off? Could've sworn that was you but my memory is foggy. Used to come through your store on my way back and forth from MI...Edinburgh right?

Oh yeah that was me, I was a manager of the Edinburg store for a few years in college. I still have a couple pairs of those stabs, lol. I have been gone from there since '06. Now I'm a regional logistics manager for Walmart.

34 homie. Been on since I was 21. And will still be on here until I'm 50+

Oh yeah that was me, I was a manager of the Edinburg store for a few years in college. I still have a couple pairs of those stabs, lol. I have been gone from there since '06. Now I'm a regional logistics manager for Walmart.

Thought that was you. Man, I beat those to the ground and bought a backup pair a few years later. Dope *** shoe. You got another sz 11? :lol: :nerd:

I'm 19, in my prime, can drink all night, make it to work in the morning with no hangover. Jelly?

Nah. You're still working with those fresh outta high school checks. We good.

31 been wearing J's since HS when retro 11's were booming, mainly just stocking watching little boy grow into them 10.5.

Thought that was you. Man, I beat those to the ground and bought a backup pair a few years later. Dope *** shoe. You got another sz 11? :lol: :nerd:

Lol, no just a couple pairs of 9.5s.

Turning 37 on Saturday, fam.  Been on NT since I was 27.  Been in the game since '85 and man, things done changed!  Glad I came up when I did!

I'm 19, in my prime, can drink all night, make it to work in the morning with no hangover. Jelly?

Well played sir, Well played.

im 30......been on NT since i was 16

i dont feel my age.....not in an immature way but i still feel (and look) young. kind of hard to believe i've been on this site for over a decade.

time flies 

32 (wish I can change that number around ) checking in been on here since 2000- 01 you guys are like fam to me Ill probably be 50 still looking in the Black girl appreciation thread lol

I just turned 30 in June.  I've loved sneakers since as far back as i can remember, especially early jordans from my elementary school days, skate shoes from the mid to late 90s, very early 2000s.  After 8 years of college, while working full time to help pay (and not being able to afford anything but really a roof over my head and food, i finally graduated and got a great, well-paying job a couple of years ago.  So now that i have the income, the house, the wife, etc. etc; I can finally afford really any sneaker/shoe that i want - and its a great feeling.  Being 30 isnt so bad..
happy.gif

Last edited:
I've been on NT for 12 years now and I'm still in my 20s.
eek.gif

I'll be 30 by end of next year.

Have the years gone by so quickly. I use to almost never come to the general thread because back then I was big into the sneakers and mostly lurked those forums to get heads up on all the releases. I'm slowly tapering off the game however. Every now and then I'll need a fix and buy a big release like a bred XI or something like that. I do miss the good ol days though on here. Nothing but nostalgic memories :smokin

Last edited:
I recall getting up early and camping (before all this **** started happening nowadays) for almost every XI back in HS days, internet was just picking up at the time, no online orders, had to use the touch tone, class of 01

Last edited:
Nowhere near 30 but I've been on here for 14 years, Can I get a pass?

BTW thread should be renamed to "What are we still doing here"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom