One of the most impressive shoe collections I've ever seen!

I thought the title of the thread was not gonna live up but
eek.gif

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

eltouha wrote:

who's judging the man? he can do what he likes with his cash, means nothing to us. i just think it's a waste is all. a waste of his money and space (none of my biz) and a waste of shoes never to be worn (imo a real enthusiast wears his shoes, like a real car enthusiast drives his vehicle/s). this guy has done nothing that anyone with a whole lot of disposable income can't do, there is nothing really that special there. want to see a real special collection? check out mrmar's kicks: http://niketalk.yuku.com/...Collection-1985-1?page=1

btw: it was already noted, those vi's were 2000 retros, not og.
He does have SOME (but bot like extremely hard to come by stuff) special stuff, but certainly not like mar does. I prefer OGs, GWs, Samples, Prototypes, or real vintage shoes (70s,80s,90s up to 95) over a bunch of GRs or newer stuff (not to say that there aren't rare shoes after 95, but just saying that even though they are rare, they aren't hard to come by, you know?) haha They are around on eBay etc. That other stuff I was mentioning doesn't come by much and thats why its more impressive. I could care less that Greg has icy 2000 VIs. And the fact that they're 2000 and not OG makes me just shrug it off and become not impressed. Even if they were OGs, it'd be like whatever since he has money and those are around on eBay.

true. i do concede that this collection is far more impressive than that "shoe-zeum" wanker's collection of "one million dollars [worth of recent retros!]"
wink.gif
. but i just can't shrug the notion these all need to be worn.
imo shoezeum guy is a joke. Sure he has some rare stuff, but because its all wrapped up in shrink, it would crumble hahaha. I'm not impresses at all by his stuff to be honest. Would you say Mar's is the best you've seen or what? He does have other stuff right? I'd want to see that. If you can show me a dude with most of the OG 1s (released), TYPS 1s, Sample 1s, Prototype 1s, and every/most OG 1-14 (sample, GR, and GW) and hella vintage stuff from the 80s and 90s, then okay. That IMO, would be the best collection I've ever seen.
I've seen collections where they have some of those things, but not all, you know? Can you find me the link of the guy with all the OGs in a glass case?

With a guy like Greg, where its obviously he has a lot of extra money, I'm not that impressed.

Originally Posted by eltouha

eltouha wrote:

who's judging the man? he can do what he likes with his cash, means nothing to us. i just think it's a waste is all. a waste of his money and space (none of my biz) and a waste of shoes never to be worn (imo a real enthusiast wears his shoes, like a real car enthusiast drives his vehicle/s). this guy has done nothing that anyone with a whole lot of disposable income can't do, there is nothing really that special there. want to see a real special collection? check out mrmar's kicks: http://niketalk.yuku.com/...Collection-1985-1?page=1

btw: it was already noted, those vi's were 2000 retros, not og.
He does have SOME (but bot like extremely hard to come by stuff) special stuff, but certainly not like mar does. I prefer OGs, GWs, Samples, Prototypes, or real vintage shoes (70s,80s,90s up to 95) over a bunch of GRs or newer stuff (not to say that there aren't rare shoes after 95, but just saying that even though they are rare, they aren't hard to come by, you know?) haha They are around on eBay etc. That other stuff I was mentioning doesn't come by much and thats why its more impressive. I could care less that Greg has icy 2000 VIs. And the fact that they're 2000 and not OG makes me just shrug it off and become not impressed. Even if they were OGs, it'd be like whatever since he has money and those are around on eBay.

true. i do concede that this collection is far more impressive than that "shoe-zeum" wanker's collection of "one million dollars [worth of recent retros!]"
wink.gif
. but i just can't shrug the notion these all need to be worn.
imo shoezeum guy is a joke. Sure he has some rare stuff, but because its all wrapped up in shrink, it would crumble hahaha. I'm not impresses at all by his stuff to be honest. Would you say Mar's is the best you've seen or what? He does have other stuff right? I'd want to see that. If you can show me a dude with most of the OG 1s (released), TYPS 1s, Sample 1s, Prototype 1s, and every/most OG 1-14 (sample, GR, and GW) and hella vintage stuff from the 80s and 90s, then okay. That IMO, would be the best collection I've ever seen.
I've seen collections where they have some of those things, but not all, you know? Can you find me the link of the guy with all the OGs in a glass case?

With a guy like Greg, where its obviously he has a lot of extra money, I'm not that impressed.

It's funny to see people hating on this guy for his shoe collection or whether or not he chooses to wear'em. Jealous much?

It's funny to see people hating on this guy for his shoe collection or whether or not he chooses to wear'em. Jealous much?

Its not THAT impressive imo
The OP made it seem like it was one the best collections ever, and I'm saying that it most definitely IS NOT.

The OP made it seem like it was one the best collections ever, and I'm saying that it most definitely IS NOT.

Only 2 comments

1) How does he store his collection? I know some people have air-cooled rooms with a temperature set to a certain degree all year round but is there anything special he does when storing. Those 6s are
eek.gif
for being 11 yrs old and that icy.

2) If I had a shoe collection like that, I could not go to bed without organizing everything. It would be a little od but it would be a lot easier to keep track of everything.

Only 2 comments

1) How does he store his collection? I know some people have air-cooled rooms with a temperature set to a certain degree all year round but is there anything special he does when storing. Those 6s are
eek.gif
for being 11 yrs old and that icy.

2) If I had a shoe collection like that, I could not go to bed without organizing everything. It would be a little od but it would be a lot easier to keep track of everything.

collection is insane but I wouldnt wish that on an "average" collector

video was all out of order and now cut into parts
that's wayyy too much to organize and enjoy

collection is insane but I wouldnt wish that on an "average" collector

video was all out of order and now cut into parts
that's wayyy too much to organize and enjoy

Sorry I let you down, want your money back?  Instead of complaining, why not post a video of a more impressive collection?

Sorry I let you down, want your money back?  Instead of complaining, why not post a video of a more impressive collection?

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

go check out mar's, fabes', sun's, ruben's collections for a solid collection......all i'm saying is because Greg has a lot of money, it isn't that impressive considering most of his stuff is pretty much available on eBay among other places.

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

go check out mar's, fabes', sun's, ruben's collections for a solid collection......all i'm saying is because Greg has a lot of money, it isn't that impressive considering most of his stuff is pretty much available on eBay among other places.

there's still the room 2, and the vault room, can't wait to see what's he got in stored..

but from what i've seen,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

there's still the room 2, and the vault room, can't wait to see what's he got in stored..

but from what i've seen,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom