Organizing iTunes (help me!)

Does anybody know the easiest way to organize iTunes music? (i.e. song title, artist, album, artwork) I have about 10,000 songs and I'm not really tryingto organize everything one by one. Does anybody know any FREE programs? I've tried Tuneup but it's only a trial and good for 100 songs I believe.Someone please help!

OCD is a B when it comes to iTunes... i try to do it little by little.. but there is a program that organizes this stuff for you though (i dont know it myself)

heres my iTunes

Just realized I have 24 GB of music
sick.gif
smh.gif

^it's definitely a B when it comes to organizing iTunes, I download new music almost everyday, and it's hard to keep up smh @ 44 GB's of music

but someone please tell me a program!

Originally Posted by AIRjuhst

Does anybody know the easiest way to organize iTunes music? (i.e. song title, artist, album, artwork) I have about 10,000 songs and I'm not really trying to organize everything one by one. Does anybody know any FREE programs? I've tried Tuneup but it's only a trial and good for 100 songs I believe. Someone please help!

What exactly are you trying to do?

If you have the same Artist but have different versions of the name (ie LIL Wayne, Lil' Wayne, Little Wayne) you can just highlight all of them and rightclick and do get info and change it to one universal name. Same for Album just smaller highlights of course. You can get album info automatically.

I used to have about 7-8 thousand songs and keep it organized, as I grew up and found less and less time I stopped caring. I know where things are and if Ican't find them I use the "search" feature. I have 114 Gb which equals about 22500 songs.

I'm trying to get alll the song names correct with album and artist/artists on the song

this is what mines looks like right now

Sidebar: who runs iTunes off an external HD? With the massive collections some of you have that's about your only option unless you've upgraded yourspecs, no?

I'm trying to get alll the song names correct with album and artist/artists on the song

.. yea, just do what EBW suggested.. it would def take some time w/ the mess that you got LOL.

sick.gif
You DEFF. got a lot of work to do.

heres an example of how mines look like. Notice how Everything is organized. Even the track #, album year, name, and genre.

I also suggest you delete any song thats doesn have a official album/mixtape name and album/mixtape cover.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Sidebar: who runs iTunes off an external HD? With the massive collections some of you have that's about your only option unless you've upgraded your specs, no?

i have my all media stored in a NAS drive.. home network is pretty reliable so i don't have to worry about lost connections.

^ LOL they're all different believe it or not .... you should see how many "a millie" songs i have
smh.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif
Thats disgusting
laugh.gif

ztgd8j.jpg

Just recently redid mine... Album covers and everything. Took a couple weeks doin a little at a time

Originally Posted by Nktran001

How many versions of "Best I ever had" can you have?
laugh.gif
That's what I was saying lol. I do it when I upload new songs. I still have so much on my drive that I have yet to put into my iTunes. WhenI get a new album, I go through every song to see what I like and what I don't want.

when i first started using iTunes, it took me a good 2 weeks to COMPLETELY organize my music. not only was i updating the tags, but the filename itself,
laugh.gif

My problem is that when I put in a CD,mixtape,etc...That it chops off some of the titles of the songs in the listing...Anyone knows how to prevent that fromhappening?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Sidebar: who runs iTunes off an external HD? With the massive collections some of you have that's about your only option unless you've upgraded your specs, no?
Yup, I did this with my 160gb external HD with my old laptop. However, I didn't realize I had multiple libraries saved, as well as a coupleother HDs I copied from friends, with those same files clogging space, along with a number of programs.

I scored a TB hard drive on Black Friday for $60, and with my new laptop, everything is organized and placed on the HD.

^ LOL they're all different believe it or not .... you should see how many "a millie" songs i have
smh.gif
smh.gif
Yeah, I know they're all different.. It's just funny how you have like 6 different versions of it.

And I can't even imagine how many "A Milli" versions you have knowing a ship load of people slaughtering that beat.

There are programs that can help, but unfortunately none of them work as well as manual labour. I did mine a few years ago when i put it all on an externalhdd. I had to go through 69gbs, took weeks, undoubtedly the most mentally draining / boring thing i've ever done, but it was worth it. By the time ifinished i had gotten rid of almost 3gb of duplicates

Back
Top Bottom