Our very own Hong Kong Sneaker Guide.

^ That's a good location. A 15-20min walking distance is the Harbor City/Ocean Terminal shopping center, where there are a few GR sneaker shops and a Nike SportsWear.  There are other shopping centers around your hotel worth checking out, as well as an Adidas store.  

It's also very close to an MTR (subway) station, where you can take a 10 min ride to Mong Kok, which is where sneaker street is.  Your hotel Concierge should be able to show you were that is.  
I truly appreciate your feedback and suggestion.

Is Sneaker Street a shop? Or a street with a bunch of sneaker shops?

Any places to buy SB's or Asia exclusive Dunks?

^ Sneaker St. is actually called "Fa Yuen street" in Mong Kok.  It's basically a street with a bunch of sneaker shops. A Nike BB, a few resellers, but mostly GR shops.  

I listed a couple of SB shops in the previous pages so check there for details.  Some shops on Sneaker St. will also have some SB's. 

SinnerP, I tried to register for Nike iD but the default country is PRC. I have someone who can take the shoe from Macau. TIA

^ No, I don't think it'll work for Macau addresses. 

You can find HK in the Country Selector, under English.

What are the chances of me finding KD Gold Medals or Jade Lebron X's in Hong Kong over the next 5 days?

20 pairs of jade LB X's are dropping today, while the gold KD's (also in limited numbers, I think) dropped on 9/1.

I would say... slim-to-none.

What are the chances of me finding KD Gold Medals or Jade Lebron X's in Hong Kong over the next 5 days?
I stand corrected! The jade's with the special box were the super limited ones. The regular ones dropped today... I saw them at Times Square Nike too.  But they only got a limited number of pairs, so good luck with that.

I stand corrected! The jade's with the special box were the super limited ones. The regular ones dropped today... I saw them at Times Square Nike too.  But they only got a limited number of pairs, so good luck with that.
Thanks man.

I stumbled upon Nike Wan Chai (sp?) and they had the Jade Lebron's the workers did not want to sell me the pair used on the mannequin.

On another note, I went to Mong Kok yesterday at around 11a and did not find sneaker street. I tried asking the locals, but was unsuccessful.

Are you able to provide further clarity on how to find Fa Yuen Street. I walked down Fa Yuen and just saw a bunch of stands selling clothing items and women's shoes.

Still trying to find an SB shop....

I'll assume you're gonna take the MTR... get off at the Mong Kok station... exit at the D3 exit, as marked by the red arrow... then proceed along Argyle Street east to Fa Yuen street (aka Sneaker Street) at the blue arrow. That's it! From there, head south and you should be able to see all the sneaker shops.

Most don't open until after-11AM (probably closer to 12PM), so don't go there too early.

I'll assume you're gonna take the MTR... get off at the Mong Kok station... exit at the D3 exit, as marked by the red arrow... then proceed along Argyle Street east to Fa Yuen street (aka Sneaker Street) at the blue arrow. That's it! From there, head south and you should be able to see all the sneaker shops.

Most don't open until after-11AM (probably closer to 12PM), so don't go there too early.
Thank you Sinner; I found it today. 

That street is crazy..

Wasn't able to find SB or reseller shops; will try again tomorrow.

On another note, I saw a bunch of bootleg SUPREME gear today...

No problem.

The resellers are just the shops that don't have big signs... they stand-out in the sense that they don't look like the regular general-release chain retailers.

The SB shops I mentioned are in Causeway Bay. 

I'm sure you can find more random fake stuff at the street-market... lol. 

Also... the Amare Air Max Hyperposites have also dropped.

nike-hyperposite-amare-pe-2.jpg

Last edited:
^ I don't remember what they look like 
tongue.gif
... but if you don't see them in my spy-pics, then chances are, they're not available anymore. 

Yeah, the pink foams were pretty limited as were the stealths... 

^ Ah, I see.  Well, that pic was taken in Nike BB.  That one's in Mong Kok sneaker st, while the other's in Wan Chai.  I guess those are the only shops that might still have them. 

SinnerP,

Do you think its worth a visit to Causeway Bay? 

Sneaker Street was fun to see, but nothing really appealed to me there.

Thanks

man. i miss HK.

i remember back then runners would be haggling and grabbing inventory from a central spot.

buying fan ban vcd and dvd back in the days changed a lot. $100HKD got you like 7 or whatever, now, you get only 4.

last time I went, you would pick the discs, then drop the money and dig out.. back then though, you would go to secret spot behind a booth and grab cds that were blank and they would exchange you w/ something else.

also, stocking milk tea was the bomb.. made you diarehha, but had to drink, cuz tasted too good..

SinnerP,

Do you think its worth a visit to Causeway Bay? 

Sneaker Street was fun to see, but nothing really appealed to me there.

Thanks
Really, it depends on what you want to do / are looking for though.  

Nike-wise, there's a Nike shop in Sogo (department store) as well as a Nike Sportswear.  There are also a few random GR stores at the Times Square shopping center.  And as I mentioned before, the SB shops are in Causeway Bay. 

But generally speaking CB is a popular destination for tourists... shopping and eating.  The Wan Chai -district (which is right next to CB), has the Nike BB as well as some computer centers...

But like I said... it all depends on what you want to do / are looking for. 

^^^ Im looking for older SB's, Co.Jp dunks & older quickstrikes like Daktaris and Splatters (reseller shops ok).

Thanks!

Hmmm... in that case it's the resellers then... which are mostly in Mong Kok, around Sneaker Street. 

SinnerP, I gave the final details of my design (Lebron X+ iD), copping 2 iDs =) Wanted to share the pics here but I don't know how to post pics =p BDW, are there still any sightings of LBJ 9 and Kobe 7 ASGs and BHMs?

Last edited:
^ Good, I'm glad you got that sorted.

Post pics of the kicks you're looking for.  It easier for me to spot them in the shops...

Nice iD's... the blue/volt ones are nice...

As for the rest, not sure if we got the BHM ones, but the ASG's were very limited, so no-go.

Back
Top Bottom