Our very own Hong Kong Sneaker Guide.

Just visited the Mong Kok area and was pretty amazed at the quantity and abundance of shoes and athletic apparel. Never seen anything like it. I was wondering though, is it common and acceptable to haggle prices at these places? I found a shop with some older colorways of flyknit racers and trainers but they were priced around $190 USD. Don't plan on spending that much but would appreciate some input if I had a chance to talk them down on the price

For legitimate Nike retailers, it's usually a fixed-price... though they sometimes offer a 10% discount.  It's best to ask if they offer any promotions or discounts.

As for the Flyknits, you probably saw them at a reseller.  You can try to haggle a bit, but I doubt they'd give in.

jordankcw  ~ Is the reseller shop down that alley, next to that fenced-area?

Anyway, from Nike BB Wan Chai.

Last edited:
Went to wanchai saw the same in your pic hehe btw just bought kobe 8 venice beach last pair for my size and jordan store purely general release cp3, blake etc. nike pak sha road and times square chuckposite, am tape camo. In mongkok alot airmax tape camo pack, sc trainer mostly general release like lebron,kd,kobe hehe

manoktot ~ I THINK I saw those Kobes still available at the two big Nike stores in Sneaker St.  The new 3-storey Nike store is around a block from where the old Nike Basketball store used to be. It's on the same street... just a couple blocks down and across from a public football-playground.

Thanks SinnerP! I'll try to give this shop a call and see if they still have a size 11 YOTS. Thanks

Last edited:
HKK.

attachment.php

FLYKNIT RACER Multi-color QS 

July 22, 2013 

HK$1399

Nike, Fa Yuen St. 76, Mong Kok.

Nike, Parklane, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.

NSW HK FB.

998419_686416108042214_1064442700_n.jpg

LEBRON X EXT (BLACK NUBUCK)

July 21-22, 2013 - Registration for lucky-draw at NSW Pak Sha Rd. 

July 24, 2013 - Release.

HK$1699

Hey, SinnerP, any news on the KD VI Bamboo, more specifically the Bamboo box? Probably looking to have someone pick it up for me then bring it to me here in Toronto IF they release in HK

^ The teal/yellow ones are out... as for the others...

According to HKK.
UPCOMING KD VI COLORWAYS

KD VI D.C. Preheat: The upper features a map of Washington, D.C., overlayed with a white graphic pattern inspired by machining lines of a wristwatch, all in a bold, bright color pattern. This shoe pays tribute to Durant’s hometown roots. Launch: June 29.

KD VI Meteorology: If Durant was not playing basketball, his dream occupation would be tracking weather as a meteorologist. Atomic red, olive and black are featured in a custom graphic mimicking Doppler radar mapping. Launch: Aug. 3.

KD VI NYC 66: When Durant scorched the Harlem blacktop and scored 66 points on Aug. 2, 2011, the world took notice. Despite the lockout, basketball didn’t stop for a 22-year-old Durant who’d play anyone at anytime. Launch: Aug. 17.

KD VI Bamboo: The power of nature and patience comes to life in Chinese bamboo. Typically after four consecutive years of delicate care, bamboo undergoes a transformation in its fifth year. This story parallels the growth of Durant’s game this past season, his fifth in the league. This special green shoe debuts during a summer when Durant will visit China. Launch: Sept. 14.

For more information on the above KD VI colorways follow Durant on Twitter (@KDTrey5), Instagram (easymoneysniper) and Vine.
Also...

attachment.php

attachment.php

HK$1159

July 22, 2013

Nike Sportwear

995753_687096511307507_1133725570_n.jpg

AIR TRAINER SC HIGH QS HK$969 

AIR GRIFFEY MAX 1 PRM QS HK$1279 

July 22, 2013.

Nike Sportwear.

AND...

Went to that other reseller shop you mentioned the other day... Gallery-something in that alley.  Looking at the shop, it looked like the one that used to be at Sino Plaza.  Their selection was ok, but Search is still better.  But damn these prices... US$300 for the Toro IV's. 
mean.gif
  %&$%ing resellers. 

Last edited:
Damn, Bamboo would be released too late for my friend to pick it up before she comes here, maybe the meterology and NYC 66 then. Thanks SinnerP

EDIT:

Originally Posted by SinnerP  

AND...

Went to that other reseller shop you mentioned the other day... Gallery-something in that alley.  Looking at the shop, it looked like the one that used to be at Sino Plaza.  Their selection was ok, but Search is still better.  But damn these prices... US$300 for the Toro IV's. 
mean.gif
  %&$%ing resellers. 

Yeah, I saw their Jordan prices and just balked, I could do better with resellers in my own country, but they had some pretty sick Kobes when I visited and the Kobe line is my personal favourite, though I do agree with you. Overall, Search has the better selection plus you can message them anytime, I have their number on my phone

Last edited:
^ Yeah, it was. It was a "surprise attack", so there wasn't that many people there... 20-30.  It was a quick visit though. Probably lasted 10-15 mins.  They also did some hoops clinic afterwards, but I didn't go to that.

Dunno what the Kobe schedule will be like, but I imagine it'll be bigger and crazier.

Looking gor places sell roshe run in asia especially philipines, malaysia, vietnam and singapore better if they have website thanks

^ Yeah, it was. It was a "surprise attack", so there wasn't that many people there... 20-30.  It was a quick visit though. Probably lasted 10-15 mins.  They also did some hoops clinic afterwards, but I didn't go to that.

Dunno what the Kobe schedule will be like, but I imagine it'll be bigger and crazier.
My Guess It was probably at Southorn, I remember when Kobe did a clinic one of my younger cousins attended (I was EXTREMELY jealous) and he said it was at Southorn

Any word on whether the CP3 VII's are already in shelves over there? Also, will the What The MVPs last two days? Fiance's coming on the 27th and I'm hoping to cop a pair. Thanks!

^ Yep, probably.

HKK & Nike-HK.

attachment.php

attachment.php

July 22-24, 2013 - Online registration.

July 25, 2013 - Release.

HK$1499

http://www.nike.com.hk/locker-room/blog/979/product-announcement-lebron-x-premium/

attachment.php

July 22-24, 2013 - Online registration.

July 25, 2013 - Release.

HK$ 3999

http://www.nike.com.hk/locker-room/blog/986/product-announcement-lebron-celebration-pack/
Sinner, IF you win the raffle, do you have to purchase it on Release day or can you go whenever you can to pick it up? Putting my cousins name in the raffle but he works like 6 days of the week

can anybody hook me up with j5 black grapes or lbjx mvp for retail plus shipping? size US 11

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom