Outlet Alert: Air Jordan 8 "Bugs Bunny"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the new nicknames. I'm sure someone will try and say that people have been calling these "Bugs Bunnys", but I'm 30, and these were the first Air Jordans I ever owned, trust me, we never called these joints that.

First "He Got Game", now this. I know  a lot of you guys don't really give a sh*t, but it just irks me everytime I hear some one say "He Got Game Jordans"
mad.gif

Last edited:
I don't like the new nicknames. I'm sure someone will try and say that people have been calling these "Bugs Bunnys", but I'm 30, and these were the first Air Jordans I ever owned, trust me, we never called these joints that.

First "He Got Game", now this. I know  a lot of you guys don't really give a sh*t, but it just irks me everytime I hear some one say "He Got Game Jordans"
mad.gif
yea I'm 34 and the first pair I got were the 6s in 7th grade. We never called them nicknames at all, we just called them by their number growing up.....but I guess the nicknames are helpful when they help describe a colorway. The Bugs bunny name kinda throws me off because Hare Jordan 7s and the Jordan 8s are both "Bugs Bunny" so I have no idea which shoe they are talking about when someone says the Jordan Bugs Bunny..

a lil catchin up to do but I think it's slightly better if you grew up watchin but everybody's diff.

I idolized mj grown up, if I replayed games by myself... gettin blocked by mj when I was drexler n ****, but I'm new to the shoe thing mostly bc I was broke, then idealistic, and just recently felt like takin my footwear more seriously... I didn't have much to compare to in rural tx.

but what I'm tryin to get at, is ev1 is diff and has diff motives. and for teens it can be tough to get credibility as a legit head when other teens are actin foolish stuntin for the hype then flippin it 'pass as ds' so they can get the next one... nut sure is their fault, a lot of teens are seeing the approval of others just in general so I do think with those kids out there is easier for older heads to generalize.

but to each their own... funny you went to barons games... my dumb pops took me to see the bulls in 95. I was butt hurt at 11 and now IXs n Xs all get passed cuz I'm prolly still bitter.

shouldn't blaze n ramble...

Im not a huge fan of 8s so Im not really feelin this release. The only 8s I like are the chrome ones which I read might be getting re-released. I'd buy those lol

Having a feeling these will move like the fire red Vs, itll sell out like everything nowadays but shouldnt be hard to cop if you really want them. The playoffs on the other hand, not so sure.

just saw these in person at my local spot and the employees were like the quality is wack. I took a look at them and there was some minor minor glue stains which isnt that big of a deal but one pair had a small paint chip smh. couldnt take pics because customers came in and i couldn't be in the back room alone. but all in all im still gonna cop to ball in.

just saw these in person at my local spot and the employees were like the quality is wack. I took a look at them and there was some minor minor glue stains which isnt that big of a deal but one pair had a small paint chip smh. couldnt take pics because customers came in and i couldn't be in the back room alone. but all in all im still gonna cop to ball in.
kinda sucks that the quality is dropping but I'll still cop them.

yea I'm 34 and the first pair I got were the 6s in 7th grade. We never called them nicknames at all, we just called them by their number growing up.....but I guess the nicknames are helpful when they help describe a colorway. The Bugs bunny name kinda throws me off because Hare Jordan 7s and the Jordan 8s are both "Bugs Bunny" so I have no idea which shoe they are talking about when someone says the Jordan Bugs Bunny..

View media item 362299

View media item 362300

First "He Got Game", now this. I know  a lot of you guys don't really give a sh*t, but it just irks me everytime I hear some one say "He Got Game Jordans" >: .

Im 30 and we was calling these white and red VIIs and the White and Red VIIIs the Bugs Bunny's that's always been the nickname. We never called the XIIIs the He Got Game's. But bammas would say "Oh you got them jonts ray allen wore in he got game?" i hate new nicknames like BREDS and RAPTORS, and yes He Got Game's. It's these new young dudes trynna come up in the shoe game that just make stuff up. We old we not gon change our ways but these youngins have they own lil special ways and slangs and ways of dressing. Now a days its cool to mismatch and wear small clothes to them. People from my generation...nah our mommas would slap the hell outta us for coming out looking dumb like that. It's just times are changing and we getting older. We won't understand. Me personally I don't care too much for nicknames. I call em by the number and color. Come to think of it we never called the XIs Concords back then either they were just the patent leathers. Then when the Space Jams came out everyone started calling all the patent leathers space jams for some reason.

Last edited:
The vast majority of us who grew up wearing OG's never called them anything other than the "White" or "White and Red" or "Black" or "Black and Red" whatever model. Maybe a few guys did, but I owned 7's, 8's, 9's... keep going... never called any of them the stupid nicknames that are pretty much put into circulation by these pathetic sneaker "journalists" like Sneaker News, Nice Kicks and Modern Notoriety. It's all hype, it's all about getting their ad dollars and getting people addicted to checking their sites as much as it is about hype for the shoes themselves. Just look at Facebook and you'll see the absolutely disgusting strategy SN implements. They'll post a link to a story and then 8 hours later do it again, hiding the old link. They're just trying to drive traffic to their site to make $. No use for any of their tactics, and the nicknames are just part of it for them.

I'm waiting for jb to get desperate again and start dropping some real heat. Carmine 6 dmp cdp lol. But seen the buggs today looks very nice.

Favorite pair of Jordan's the 8s are dropping again I will hv these maybe 2 pairs, as long as the nickname isn't sumthn crazy I no problem with em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom