Overheard last week at DTLR...

Employee #1 to me: "Can I help you find anything?"

Me: "No thanks, I'm cool."

Employee #2 to Employee #1: "Girl, you know that girl that got killed last week?"

Employee #1: "No, but I know the people who did it."

Wow. Just wow.

laugh.gif

but
smh.gif
smh.gif
seriously

Towson? Oh wait, if it was Towson nobody would have asked if you needed any help.

Whatever store it was
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I wish I could sit here and judge the chick for saying that, but I can't. Is it the right thing to do? Nope. Is it the product of today's society? Yup.

Originally Posted by indeethot

Employee #1 to me: "Can I help you find anything?"

Me: "No thanks, I'm cool."

Employee #2 to Employee #1: "Girl, you know that girl that got killed last week?"

Employee #1: "No, but I know the people who did it."

Wow. Just wow.
^ I think creating a thread like this in a public forum that's accessible by ANYONE in the WORLD (including feds, families/friends involved,crews, etc) is little too dangerous and not a good idea unless it's your intention to let this information be known or perhaps you really needed to tellsomeone I guess. But still... it's sad. Very sad on so many different levels. Even if emp 1 "knows who did what", how can it be spoken about socasually like it's nothing (and furthermore at work and also OUT in the public in a place he/she can be heard, as you overheard... what if you was apiss'd off brother of that victim)... I dunno, if you know who did it, either shut the up and live with it OR take that information to the authorities sothe murderers can be caught.

see i would probably be more alarmed if i hadnt been in the same situation a few weeks ago, and not knowing the entire context of the conversation

my moms brings it up and asks me if i knew this kid that got killed, and i didnt, but havin read the paper i did know the dude that did it... so depending onhow she said it, it may or may not be as big a deal....

I thought this was common place in our Society IN THIS AREA these days.. Which is sad.

You hear youngin talk like this ALL the time, whether it be someone getting jumped.. Shot at.. Shot.. whatever. Todays Youth (some) just take life as somethingthats not as valuable or important.

I talk to alot of youth in Detention Centers and to hear them talk Death was as easy a convo when it comes to Violence as we discuss the ******** on Mondays..

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I thought this was common place in our Society IN THIS AREA these days.. Which is sad.

You hear youngin talk like this ALL the time, whether it be someone getting jumped.. Shot at.. Shot.. whatever. Todays Youth (some) just take life as something thats not as valuable or important.

I talk to alot of youth in Detention Centers and to hear them talk Death was as easy a convo when it comes to Violence as we discuss the ******** on Mondays..
TRUE INDEED TRUE INDEED. im 21 about to be 22 soon, and violence and crime around my area (woodbridge/ dale city/ rt. 1 alexandria) i chill is aseasy to talk about as somebody talkin about bringin some chicks thru n all of us skeemin on what we gonna do when they get here, its sad but i guess its justinstalled in our daily life, especially if you know alot of cats livin that kinda life, (sellin drugs, robbin folks, actin dumb, talkin sh...) i witnessed myfirst murder at age 11, i still remember it to this day and can tell you exactly how it went down
ohwell.gif

thats why i just chill, kick back n keep to myself, nowadays everybody gotta have a rep and it seems like all the scared kids carry guns, a few of my boys gotshot because they beat somebody up, n bammas had to get that respect back so they came thru blastin, and i live in NoVA i can imagine folks in DC and PG andBMore have seen alot more then i have.

The tone of the conversation was no different than if they were talking about their favorite flavor of Gatorade or something, that's what I couldn'tbelieve more than anything else. I'm also a little surprised by the "delete this" etc. replies to the thread. I'm not promoting violence,investigating the case, calling anyone out, or anything. Just repeating what I heard....

Like Harmcity said, you become numb to it. To THEM it is just like talking about gatorade because it is an everyday occurrence.

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom