PALESTINIAN GENOCIDE - ISRAELI-TERRORISM AWARENESS THREAD

I pressed reply without finishing and you're right I'm not saying the Palestinians don't have it bad but we have to do whatever it takes to make sure terrorists don't get into out country. Regardless, everyone has their own problems I'm tired of going back and fourth

There should be no defense of what Israel is doing now.

None.

Bombing schools and hospitals. Murdering scores of innocent civilians and children.

War crimes are in abundance.

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around this whole thing. Clearly killing innocent people is deplorable but the idea that the existence of Hamas is justifiable is not acceptable either. Ultimately in my opinion, everyones view on this topic comes down to whether you think Israel should exist in the first place. Everyones view on this particular conflict and every conflict before it is based off that, which makes debating current events an utter waste of time.

Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Let me tell you something... Israel is not going anywhere and It can wipe out Gaza in 30 seconds if it really wanted too.

Let me tell you something... Israel is not going anywhere and It can wipe out Gaza in 30 seconds if it really wanted too.

And? Just because they haven't wiped them out, this all makes it ok?

No one here is denying Israel's right to exist. It is the methods they are using and the clear crimes against humanity and war crimes that are completely unjustified killing and injuring thousands which needs to stop. Who we care about here is the Gazans dying in cold blood and who are suffering collective punishment. No justification for these abominable crimes.

Last edited:
That has very little to do with the fact that you're ignoring other biased posts simply because they fall in line with your own thoughts.
My thoughts are based on FACT. Hamas isn't every Palestinian. Just like the KKK isn't every white person. 

Hamas exists because of Israeli occupation. I don't condone Hamas' actions, I don't care about Hamas. I care that innocent people are being killed and no one sees the wrong in it.

People die every day in Los Angeles behind gang violence. Do we air strike every hood? No. 

I understand it's a stretch but given how small the bomb areas are, I think it applies.

Someone was just in here saying Hamas was Palestine and Palestine was Hamas so you guys need to make up your mind.

Someone was just in here saying Hamas was Palestine and Palestine was Hamas so you guys need to make up your mind.
No one here did.

It is you pro Israelis who are justifying killing of civilians because of Hamas, deducing all Palestinians as to be Hamas.
But even then, I think it's unfair that anyone affiliated with Hamas gets a bad rep. Hamas is not just a faction of militants. There are actually good people in Hamas that risk dying to provide civil services that are needed to help keep Gaza running.

From Human Rights Watch:
Israel has wrongly claimed as a matter of policy that civilian members of Hamas or other political groups who do not have a military role are “terrorists” and therefore valid military targets, and has previously carried out hundreds of unlawful attacks  on this basis.
I think it's unfair for people to not differentiate civilian members of Hamas with no military role, in the same way that Israel refuses to do so as a means of carrying out their genocidal policies.

Last edited:
I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around this whole thing. Clearly killing innocent people is deplorable but the idea that the existence of Hamas is justifiable is not acceptable either. Ultimately in my opinion, everyones view on this topic comes down to whether you think Israel should exist in the first place. Everyones view on this particular conflict and every conflict before it is based off that, which makes debating current events an utter waste of time.

Does anyone get what I'm saying?
I can't speak for other people in this thread that are against the policies of the IDF and for the human rights of the people in Gaza that are being violated at levels that nobody should have to endure...

But I personally don't care if Israel is there. Government, borders, religion, and things that are arguably just man-made constructions goes out of the window and becomes relatively petty when people are being slaughtered. At that point the only thing that matters is humanity, giving children a fair chance at life, and things of that nature.

There are actually Jewish people who support the existence of Israel, but are completely against what Israel is doing. I just read an article today written by a Jewish woman. I bolded and underlined the part that pertains to what I addressed in your post.
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Why I’m Against Hamas, Against What Israel Is Doing, and For Judaism[/h1]
Hamas is awful, but how can any faithful Jew look at Israel’s disproportionate violence against innocents and defend it?

What kind of Jew would I be if I were not  horrified by the incredible death and destruction being wrought on the Palestinian people? Faith and history command us to abhor all violence. The question is not why am I against Israel’s disproportionate violence. The question is: How can any faithful Jew defend it?

I hate violence in general. I hate Hamas rockets being fired toward Israel as much as I hate Israeli missiles being fired at Gaza. I don’t think I should have to state that but apparently I do, since every time I critique Israel’s military actions, I’m accused of supporting Hamas. I hate Hamas. Hamas is a vile organization that manipulates and harms the Palestinian people instead of helping them. But I can be against Hamas and  support the state of Israel while simultaneously critiquing Israel’s attacks on civilians in Gaza.

I admit that I’m about as much of a theologian as I am an Orthodox Jew, which is to say not much of either. I could cite quotes from the Torah to point to the inherent peaceful, anti-violent nature of Judaism—say, the Jewish tenets of war, which put the highest value on peace and protecting the innocent. But Judaism has always been to me what Israel is as well, an idea not merely inscribed books or carved out of geography but embodied in the values of its believers—and thus only as good or bad as the lives we breathe into it. I was raised in a fairly anti-religion family so the extent to which I embrace or distance myself from my faith isn’t an act of reflex but choice. I choose Judaism to the extent I feel it is a force for good and justice in the world.

Which, historically, it has been. Jews have often stood on the righteous side of history—against genocide and for human rights and civil rights and equality for all. In the United States alone there is a long and proud tradition of Jewish activists standing up for peace and justice. That tradition here and elsewhere stands in contrast to and defiance of the ugly past, when our ancestors were subject to the consequences of unthinkable hatred and discrimination. Out of the ashes of the Holocaust, I always thought of us Jews not only as a reminder for how horrid inhumanity could be, but also as a beacon for precisely the opposite—not only a warning to the world but, just as much, an example.

Maybe that’s not what Judaism means to everyone. That’s what it means to me.

Which is precisely why it’s so troubling that a nation founded as a haven for the people of my faith is killing so many Palestinians. According to the latest United Nations figures, at least 121 Palestinian children  under the age of 18 have been killed since July 8—roughly one-third of all Palestinian civilian casualties. Last week, four Palestinian children were killed by Israeli missiles while they were playing on a beach. This week, 25 people—including 19 children—were killed by Israeli missiles as they were sitting down to dinner to break the Ramadan fast. Yes, Hamas is firing rockets from residential areas  and storing weapons caches in schools. But it’s also true that Israel bombed the only recovery hospital  in Gaza. One side’s wrongs don’t make the other side’s actions any more right. How could any parent, any human being, let alone any Jew, hear story after story of death and destruction in Gaza and not be wrenched with sadness?
Whatever you think about the motivations or justifications of the state of Israel and its actions, the Palestinian people are undeniably politically, economically, and culturally oppressed.
For nearly 50 years now, or almost three-quarters of its own existence as a state, Israelis have occupied Palestinian territories in the name of forming a Jewish state. That makes Israel one of the longest-standing colonial powers in modern history. And in recent years the occupation of Gaza in particular has been increasingly harsh, shutting off the region from important resources and economic opportunity. In this context, while I embrace the idea of Israel, I’m deeply conflicted when the actualization of the idea of Jewish liberation seems to go hand-in-hand with the oppression of others. And yes, whatever you think about the motivations or justifications of the state of Israel and its actions, the Palestinian people are undeniably politically, economically, and culturally oppressed.

It was Rabbi Hillel, considered one of the most important leaders in Jewish history, who said, “Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you.” He added, “This is the whole of the Torah, and the rest is commentary;  go learn it.” Hillel’s key lesson, what we today call The Golden Rule, was inscribed on a portrait that hung in my living room as a child. In the picture was a rabbi and, painted standing beside him, people from all over the world. When I think of Judaism, I think of that picture—which reminds me to treat my fellow human beings with compassion no matter what.

Ultimately in this conflict, history will reward not the side that struck the first blow but the side that first stopped  striking. In the meantime, at the very, very least, the blows could be less severe. And those severe blows are mostly being lobbed by the far more powerful and capable Israeli military.

If faith is the belief in a power greater than ourselves as human beings, then my faith derives from a belief that there is a power to be kind and understanding and generous and, yes, to love thy neighbor—a faith that the Holocaust will never happen again and nor will anything echoing such dehumanization and destruction. Believing that peace is both good and possible, believing that our respect for humanity can triumph over our urge toward violence, does not mean I’m a terrorist sympathizer or naïve or anything in between. As far as I’m concerned, it just means I’m Jewish.

- See more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-doing-and-for-judaism.html#sthash.FkxvXCJV.d
puf

Last edited:
My thoughts are based on FACT. Hamas isn't every Palestinian. Just like the KKK isn't every white person. 

Hamas exists because of Israeli occupation. I don't condone Hamas' actions, I don't care about Hamas. I care that innocent people are being killed and no one sees the wrong in it.

People die every day in Los Angeles behind gang violence. Do we air strike every hood? No. 

I understand it's a stretch but given how small the bomb areas are, I think it applies.

You've totally missed my point.

They ambushed a group of IDF troops mere hours after agreeing to a ceasefire and then executed a prisoner they took. If it wasn't clear before that they didn't want peace it sure is now.

solider. not civilian.

In War, soldiers are fair game.

I'm not trying to belittle the mans life, or say it's ok, but in this discussion, we've demonized Palestine and as far I know, they've only killed military personnel.

They don't WANT to have a military so they can hide behind the civilian population and this stupid excuse that they can do no wrong since they aren't soldiers

They can all throw green shirts on tomorrow to designate themselves as fighters.

They haven't killed many civilians because of the iron dome, not out of the goodness of their heart.

This is winding down supposedly. But I can't see Israel and Egypt stopping the restrictions.

Don't think that solider didn't get kidnapped, killed in figting after the cease fire

Wonder why we don't hear more about Egypt role in all of this.

Last edited:
They ambushed a group of IDF troops mere hours after agreeing to a ceasefire and then executed a prisoner they took. If it wasn't clear before that they didn't want peace it sure is now.

Israel keeps on breaking ceasefire too. They both do back and forth.

solider. not civilian.

In War, soldiers are fair game.

I'm not trying to belittle the mans life, or say it's ok, but in this discussion, we've demonized Palestine and as far I know, they've only killed military personnel.

They don't WANT to have a military so they can hide behind the civilian population and this stupid excuse that they can do no wrong since they aren't soldiers

They can all throw green shirts on tomorrow to designate themselves as fighters.

They haven't killed many civilians because of the iron dome, not out of the goodness of their heart.

This is winding down supposedly. But I can't see Israel and Egypt stopping the restrictions.

Don't think that solider didn't get kidnapped, killed in figting after the cease fire

Wonder why we don't hear more about Egypt role in all of this.

You literally speak as if you just turned off the Foxnews, and than came to NT to disclose how you feel.

So now it's "They don't want to have a military" so random innocent civilians can die, as an excuse to use as why they can't do any wrong. That's literally the most asinine reasoning I've ever heard in my life.

Do you realize that Hamas is not fully capable of organizing a legitimate military because they've been restricted to just fighting with what they have, and not everybody who's trying to fight back against the Israeli terrorism and civilian shelling a are not all Hamas?

There are regular civilians who aren't going to just run away or sit back and get killed, so they fight back with whatever they have in hopes of demoralizing these devilish Israeli military soldiers who've come in, and rounded up families by the 10's and 20's, and annihilate them all at once (120 people, all civilians killed in Rafah this way) - similar to what the Jews went through during the holocaust.

Do you legitimately expect people OTHER than Hamas to just sit around and just die? Most of these civilians are under the impression that they're going to die already, so they'll try and fight back with whatever resources they can get their hands on. But unfortunately, the Israeli supporters and news media can just throw the "HAMAS" label around in hopes of it sticking, giving them 100% unjustified support to murder civilians, hoping the world will believe that anyone who fights back, whether it be Hamas or just civilians - are terrorist.

This is so sickening. They literally have the world believing that the people of Gaza are all terrorist or supporting terrorist. And people like you becoming so gullible in believing anything you read, when the underlying facts are there to support that HAMAS does not hide behind civilian population.

This article is probably the saddest thing I've read about this particular conflict thus far :x :smh: Israeli military conducting mass executions on families hiding from the terror placed upon them by the Israeli military.

Who Is Behind Gaza's Mass Execution?
by Jesse Rosenfeld

KHUZAA, Gaza — In a small bathroom on the edge of the Gaza town of Khuzaa there are the haunting signs of what looks like the summary execution of several Palestinians. This once vibrant village near the border with Israel sits on the edge of the city of Khan Younis, but it is well within the 1.8-mile “buffer zone” that Israel has turned into a no-man’s land. It has been inaccessible for weeks as Israeli bombardment and troops try to take out heavy guerrilla resistance. Now all that’s left is rubble, bombed-out buildings and the all-encompassing, sickening smell of death.

The temporary ceasefire announced Thursday night was supposed to give the residents of places like this time to return home, take stock of the damage and collect belongings. But the “72-hour” ceasefire broke down after 90 minutes, and as I walked through the main street, where pieces of humans were visible beneath homes and stores, the constant thud of exploding Israeli shells grew closer and closer.

As I reach the berm of sand, tile and stucco that marked a kind of front line, bodies are being piled on carts in the street. Near the ruins of a demolished store, the black ammunition vests worn by Palestinian fighters lie in tatters as if hastily stripped off. There are no bodies or weapons nearby.
Suddenly journalists and local residents are shouting from a house on the edge of the front. The small family home is still intact but the stench of rotting flesh that comes from inside is overpowering.

A barefoot corpse in camouflaged khakis is being carried into the street, partially wrapped in rug, as I enter the house. His partly burned and partly decomposing face is unrecognizable as anyone who was ever alive and breathing. Witnesses say there were at least six bodies piled together inside this one tiled room where the air is poisonous with decay.

Blood and blackened remnants are caked on the bathroom floor. The walls have been drenched in blood and they are pocked with scores of bullet holes that look as if they were fired from an automatic weapon at waist level. Some of the bullet holes are in line, as if the gun were sweeping across its targets. There is also soot staining the tiles, suggesting the bodies were burned or there had been a small blast. Several tiles have fallen away from the wall. The house is filled with casings from the bullets used in assault rifles. They are marked on the bottom as “IMI” (Israel Military Industries).

What happened here? It is the kind of place and the kind of incident that may be studied for years. We may hear that the Palestinians were executing suspected collaborators, or that a lone Israeli soldier went mad and started murdering prisoners. It could be that members of an Israeli army unit at the center of the fighting decided to take out their rage on those they captured. There may be many theories. All I can tell you is what I saw and heard at the scene this day.

Twenty-one-year-old Naban Abu Shaar told me he was one of the first to find the bodies. He said they looked as if they were “melted” and piled on top of each other. “When we entered the bathroom, I found the bodies of people slumped on top of each other in the corner,” he said, staring into the distance as if disconnected from his words.

The owner of the house, Mohammad Abu Al Sharif, said he couldn’t recognize the bodies but believed, because of their clothes, some of the dead may have been from his family. He did not say if any of them were fighters. The house had nine members living in it before Abu Al Sharif, his wife and four daughters escaped Khuzaa 20 days ago. He lost contact with those who stayed, he said.

In the streets around, some residents pulled clothes and blankets from the crushed concrete of obliterated homes while others used farming tools to unearth the dead. Shell-shocked women stumbled down the pulverized road, wiping sweat and tears with their hejabs as they cursed—to no one in particular—both Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al Sisi for not protecting them from Israel.

The signs of the panicked flight almost three weeks ago were apparent everywhere in town. Neatly hung laundry still dangled over the main street from the second-floor balcony of an apartment above a blown-out storefront.

Khalid al Najar, 27, was half dazed as he walked back toward Khan Younis with a plastic bag of clothes. This is his first time returning home since he fled nearly three weeks ago. “I’m from a place that used to be called Khuzaa,” he told me.

- See more at: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...za-s-mass-execution.html#sthash.3YJ27Ese.dpuf

^Jesse Rosenfeld. Dudes clearly Jewish and bias--....oh wait he's actually been on the ground in Gaza and reporting the reality of what's happening there.

I read that article and another one by him yesterday. Major props to dude risking his life out there to report real **** and let people know the truth.

Last edited:
Yet, ANOTHER attack on a UN school in Rafah, killing all civilians, and no suspected Hamas members were killed:

Ten people have been killed by a strike near a United Nations school in the embattled coastal territory, a Gaza health official said.

Ashraf al-Kidra said another 35 were wounded after the hit near a boys' school in the southern town of Rafah that is sheltering people displaced by the 27-day conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Witnesses said the attack happened while people were waiting in line for food supplies. It was not immediately clear whether the strike was the result of Israeli or Palestinian fire.

The Israeli military had no immediate comment and the UN said it was not immediately clear where the strike originated.

In nearly four weeks of fighting, more than 1,700 Palestinians, mainly civilians, have been killed as well as nearly 70 Israelis, almost all soldiers.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...aza-10-killed-in-strike-near-un-school.530455

Back
Top Bottom