Pandora APPRECIATION Vol. post your favorite stations....

.....the oh so subtle differences between a Nas, Common, and Jay-Z station
pimp.gif
 while most programs just lump all rappers into one big category.

....finding those hidden gems on stations from underground artists.
pimp.gif

...comedy stations
pimp.gif
  (Bernie Mac, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy)

my favorite stations:
Common
Nas
Jay Dee
Bernie Mac
The Deele
Switch
Richard Pryor
GZA
Miles Davis

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

S_ wack to many ads

i agree. too many ads. i will say though, ive been using Pandora for years and just this past year have i started to notice the ads.

....ads aside Pandora is a very smart program.

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

I think there are aome prgrms that allow you to skip ads

....Pandora's approach to grouping similar artists/music has me on the edge of becoming a paying customer.

Pardon my ignorance... but what's Pandora and the idea behind it?

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Pardon my ignorance... but what's Pandora and the idea behind it?

eek.gif

.....bruh, ive been on the internet since 98-%$#. and even in 2012, Pandora is easily one of the smartest things ive used on here still.

.....they call it a music genome project, where you enter in a genre/album/artist and it plays music it thinks fits the category. the user gives the music played a 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' and it adjusts the playlist accordingly.

.....the reason im such a fan is because of what i said in the OG post about Common to Jay Z to Nas.

...its how i found artists like Cool Calm Pete, Strange Fruit Project, Kero One, Atmosphere, etc.

...the only and i mean ONLY bad thing about Pandora is some artists are too big, and have influenced too many people for Pandora to narrow down who to play. for example a Michael Jackson station will give you anything from rock bands to R&B to rappers.
....sometimes if you're looking for a specific brand of genre within a genre, its best to pick that little known obscure artist and the rest will follow.

.....make an account, its free. apps available for the phone. they even have Head Units for the car Pandora ready now.

Frank Ocean
Ryan Leslie

and then mix the 2 radio stations (add variety) > *

nothing but good music

Back
Top Bottom