PAPER TRAIL>>>THE RECESSION???

indifferent.gif

Recession is a good album.. you gotta be into Jeezy's word play IMO. Dude is mad sick and funny as hell.

Havent given Paper Trail a full listen yet though.

Paper Trail is better than Recession, Game still has no classics, and I probably wouldn't give Untitled the rap album of the year honors either.

ok i havent been on here in a while and i dont see the 'quote' button so

"all that means is you generally dont listen to good hip hop, unless you've only heard three hip hop albums in the last three years "

that was directed toward me, but all that means is music is weak and nothing even sparks my interest minus a few underground mixtapes and things of thatnature, new music has let me down and i just keep digging deeper into history to find something original and exciting

Originally Posted by dipseteagle

ok i havent been on here in a while and i dont see the 'quote' button so

"all that means is you generally dont listen to good hip hop, unless you've only heard three hip hop albums in the last three years "

that was directed toward me, but all that means is music is weak and nothing even sparks my interest minus a few underground mixtapes and things of that
nature, new music has let me down and i just keep digging deeper into history to find something original and exciting

laugh.gif
yes it was certainly directed at you...no music isn't weak, just because you're incapable of finding music that satisfies your taste, don'tjump to conclusions...i'd be more than willing to list ten underground albums that released this year that, imo are dope...they certainly aren't"weak"...if you've in fact heard them, ill retract my statement but im willing to bet money you haven't...you're just like everyone elsewho complains, "hip hop being dead, blah blah, the only thing that appeals to me is old school stuff etc etc"...i have no sympathy for people likethat...like i said i'd be more than willing to suggest some underground material for you to listen to.

laugh.gif
yes it was certainly directed at you...no music isn't weak, just becauseyou're incapable of finding music that satisfies your taste, don't jump to conclusions...i'd be more than willing to list ten underground albumsthat released this year that, imo are dope...they certainly aren't "weak"...if you've in fact heard them, ill retract my statement but imwilling to bet money you haven't...you're just like everyone else who complains, "hip hop being dead, blah blah, the only thing that appeals to meis old school stuff etc etc"...i have no sympathy for people like that...like i said i'd be more than willing to suggest some underground material foryou to listen to.

i never mention when i say that, that i mainly mean mainstream music. of course the un-heard underground stuff is amazing and always will be, but i'd liketo see your list of 10, there is a couple things i liked in the last 2 years, but i've also fell out of the music loop all together, so yeah...i wanna hearsome good hip hop

NT was praising Paper Trail when it first leaked. Now everyone switches up LOL. I can't keep up with you guys.

But in my opinion, I think Paper Trail is album of the year SO FAR.

i liek recession better.

havent put paper trail back in since the first week it came out

not saying its bad, just didnt give me nothing to attract to.

laugh.gif
yes it was certainly directed at you...no music isn't weak, just because
you're incapable of finding music that satisfies your taste, don't jump to conclusions...i'd be more than willing to list ten underground albums
that released this year that, imo are dope...they certainly aren't "weak"...if you've in fact heard them, ill retract my statement but im
willing to bet money you haven't...you're just like everyone else who complains, "hip hop being dead, blah blah, the only thing that appeals to me
is old school stuff etc etc"...i have no sympathy for people like that...like i said i'd be more than willing to suggest some underground material for
you to listen to.

i never mention when i say that, that i mainly mean mainstream music. of course the un-heard underground stuff is amazing and always will be, but i'd like
to see your list of 10, there is a couple things i liked in the last 2 years, but i've also fell out of the music loop all together, so yeah...i wanna hear
some good hip hop

My fault then, yea as you mentioned, the underground is thriving more than ever...i just assumed you were just bashing, a lot of people speak like that andthey dont even know there's a bunch of !*%% out there, anyway here's my top ten of 08:

1. Dela-Changes of Atmosphere
2. Killer Mike-I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II
3. Black Milk-Tronic
4. eMC-The Show
5.Cyne-Starship Eutopia
6. The P Brothers-The Gas
7. Canto I-While You Were Sleeping
8. Game-L.A.X.
9. T.H.UG.Z. Angelez-Red Hook Projects
10. Little Brother-And Justus For All

Honorable Mention:

Atmosphere-When Life Gives You Lemons...
Akrobatik-Absolute Value
88-Keys-Adams Case Files
Blu & Mainframe-Johnson & Jonson
Blu-(So)ul Amazing
Cyne-Pretty Dark Things
The Roots-Rising Down
Chi King-Rollin Aces:Chamber Of The Lost Child
Elzhi-Europass/Preface
Nas-Untitled
Hell Razah-Paradise Lost
Jake One-White Van Music
Murs/9th-Sweet Lord
Q-Tip-The Renaissance
Raekwon-Chief Cooked Cocaine
Statik Seleketah-Stick 2 the Script
The Grouch-Show You the World
Opio-Vultures Wisdom
Undead-Dont Turn Around

Still Anticipating/Yet to Hear:

Scarface-Emeritus
CunninLynguist-A Strange Journey
Joe Budden-Halfway House
Jedi Mind Tricks-History of Violence

this year has been so busy, so much !*%% has come out, Snowgoonz, Termanology, Twilight Sentinels, Jeezy, TI, Buckshot
and Nieve and Cook all put out good albums as well

Originally Posted by pacmandreads

l.a.x was boring and depressing. paper trail the best so far

if you thought it was depressing oh well but i dont know how you can say it was boring with a straight face...the production, the features, and game himselfkept that album live from start to finish...ive never heard someone call a game album boring

To Me Their Equal. You Made An Outlandish Comment By Saying Album Of The Year. Nas-Untitled Did You Hear What He Was Spitting. Also This My First TimeListening To A Whole Nas Album. And It Was Crazy Good

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

IMO PaperTrail was disappointing....Its like a Carter 3 replica damn near, Whatevr U Like = Lollipop, Im Illy = A millie
laugh.gif
, album wasn't that creative honestly

Bout time i tell alot of people these same fact's nobody believe me though. But Paper Trail is kinda dissapointing to me too, i think we got the best ofT.I with that King Album.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

laugh.gif
yes it was certainly directed at you...no music isn't weak, just because
you're incapable of finding music that satisfies your taste, don't jump to conclusions...i'd be more than willing to list ten underground albums
that released this year that, imo are dope...they certainly aren't "weak"...if you've in fact heard them, ill retract my statement but im
willing to bet money you haven't...you're just like everyone else who complains, "hip hop being dead, blah blah, the only thing that appeals to me
is old school stuff etc etc"...i have no sympathy for people like that...like i said i'd be more than willing to suggest some underground material for
you to listen to.

i never mention when i say that, that i mainly mean mainstream music. of course the un-heard underground stuff is amazing and always will be, but i'd like
to see your list of 10, there is a couple things i liked in the last 2 years, but i've also fell out of the music loop all together, so yeah...i wanna hear
some good hip hop

My fault then, yea as you mentioned, the underground is thriving more than ever...i just assumed you were just bashing, a lot of people speak like that and they dont even know there's a bunch of !*%% out there, anyway here's my top ten of 08:

1. Dela-Changes of Atmosphere
2. Killer Mike-I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II
3. Black Milk-Tronic
4. eMC-The Show
5.Cyne-Starship Eutopia
6. The P Brothers-The Gas
7. Canto I-While You Were Sleeping
8. Game-L.A.X.
9. T.H.UG.Z. Angelez-Red Hook Projects
10. Little Brother-And Justus For All

Honorable Mention:

Atmosphere-When Life Gives You Lemons...
Akrobatik-Absolute Value
88-Keys-Adams Case Files
Blu & Mainframe-Johnson & Jonson
Blu-(So)ul Amazing
Cyne-Pretty Dark Things
The Roots-Rising Down
Chi King-Rollin Aces:Chamber Of The Lost Child
Elzhi-Europass/Preface
Nas-Untitled
Hell Razah-Paradise Lost
Jake One-White Van Music
Murs/9th-Sweet Lord
Q-Tip-The Renaissance
Raekwon-Chief Cooked Cocaine
Statik Seleketah-Stick 2 the Script
The Grouch-Show You the World
Opio-Vultures Wisdom
Undead-Dont Turn Around

Still Anticipating/Yet to Hear:

Scarface-Emeritus
CunninLynguist-A Strange Journey
Joe Budden-Halfway House
Jedi Mind Tricks-History of Violence

this year has been so busy, so much !*%% has come out, Snowgoonz, Termanology, Twilight Sentinels, Jeezy, TI, Buckshot
and Nieve and Cook all put out good albums as well

Hmmmmmmmmm????
No Rick Ross- Trilla???

I dont care if he was a Correctional Officer for 18 months...Trilla was still one of the best CD's of the year

^i liked it, production was top notch, had a good handful of bangers and Ross came through...nothing outlandishly special though...of all the mainstreamreleases this year Trilla is probably the most underrated, i never really see it mentioned

It Isn't Mention Cause Of His Content You Don''t Know If He Is Telling The Truth About What He Is Rapping ABout

Exactly...
listen to Jay Z - Ignorant s*#% (2nd verse) saysss alot

but rappers for the most part fabricate their speech to deliver it to their audience as real S%!$

Back
Top Bottom