PARTYNEXTDOOR ~ OMO Thread Official

They are legit almost nothing alike though :lol:

At least, I don't see it; I should say.
lo Zzz

LoL..u couldn't even say it you had to say "almost"..but aye, Different strokes for different folks..I just listed why I could never take the dude serious that's all man..not knocking the ppl that do

Last edited:
lo Zzz

LoL..u couldn't even say it you had to say "almost"..but aye, Different strokes for different folks..I just listed why I could never take the dude serious that's all man..not knocking the ppl that do

I mean, there ARE some parallels. They both sing, they're both from the Greater Toronto Area, they're both affiliated with Drake, and they both talk about *******.

In terms of their actual music, they don't sound similar at all in my opinion. But as you said my ___, to each his own.

I mean, there ARE some parallels. They both sing, they're both from the Greater Toronto Area, they're both affiliated with Drake, and they both talk about *******.

In terms of their actual music, they don't sound similar at all in my opinion. But as you said my ___, to each his own.

U know what? ...****** my opinion ima huge weeknd fan so I admit my judgment was biased..very...screw it ill give him a chance with an open ear...may like it

U know what? ...****** my opinion ima huge weeknd fan so I admit my judgment was biased..very...screw it ill give him a chance with an open ear...may like it

I literally waited on Twitter for this ___ The Weeknd to drop House of Balloons that night, and the only time I ever had a dislike for Party was when it seemed like Drake was replacing Abel with him.

That was when the only song he had out was Make a Mil (look at the first few pages of this thread if you want a laugh :lol:)

A little of a year later and my play counts on both of these dudes are almost tied up. Trust me, if you drop the fanboy bias you won't regret it. Son is nice.

I literally waited on Twitter for this ___ The Weeknd to drop House of Balloons that night, and the only time I ever had a dislike for Party was when it seemed like Drake was replacing Abel with him.

That was when the only song he had out was Make a Mil (look at the first few pages of this thread if you want a laugh :lol:)

A little of a year later and my play counts on both of these dudes are almost tied up. Trust me, if you drop the fanboy bias you won't regret it. Son is nice.

Lol..Ikr..dats why I said ima take a closer listen

Lol..Ikr..dats why I said ima take a closer listen

My man :pimp:

uuGNXaD.gif

Prepare to kind of rock with it, and then wake up one morning to find yourself addicted out of the blue.

It really sucks that dude has to be inexplicably linked with The Weeknd because of their cities and Drake affiliation.

Their music have two totally different aesthetics. 

Just heard Her Way......

Son.......

Vibes, he got the juice, going to be choking the **** out of my girl to this the whole summer.

Need that tape bruh.

lol. he does tweet like the weeknd used to though.

aside from that, they aren't much alike. both quite dope though. i don't love "her way" yet. haven't had the urge to hear it since i heard it.

I'm 100% convinced that you dudes who think PND and The Weekend sound the same sonically are completely incapable of actually listening to and digesting music but hey I guess that does account for a lot of music fans. :lol:

Listen to someone who actually sounds like they're biting The Weekend like Meek Demeo for comparison.

The only things Party and Weeknd have in common are that they're light skin Canadians who know Drake.

It's also a little crazy to say they have ZERO in common, too. They do have similar regard for their friends and women, respectively, in their music. And their music is in the same vein, in a situational way. They find themselves in similar circumstances. Could be TO, because Drake's kinda same. Kiss Land found The Weeknd expanding his situations, but just the same.

But they don't sound alike or sing in a similar style. Even that isn't immediately apparent though. When I heard the chorus to "Make a Mil," the first person I thought about was The Weeknd with the use of the word "faded." I did realize that was ridiculous, eventually. So while I don't think they're similar now, I did. And I could see how someone would on a walk by. They're not as similar as people say and they're also not as different as people say either. Like, they're not NOTHING alike. They're just not much alike.

I just think it takes a closer listen.

Last edited:
Yeah I think their music is different but their whole "aura" or idk is pretty damn similar

The whole abstract *** stage name
Drake
Canada
Subject of matter to some degree

:lol: it is what it is...still both appreciated with weeknd getting the edge :pimp:

It shouldn't take more than a few listens to realize they have nothing in common. The previous two posts should prove that you really have to reach to find similarities. Just because dude sings "faded" don't mean he's similar to anyone in particular lol. Just because they both have unique stage names don't mean they're similar. Drake and Canada? Do you realize how silly that is.. because they have a mutual rapper acquaintance and they're from the same country? Switch that to an American rapper and the USA and see how silly that sounds

Only thing I agree with in this whole debate is that both make nice music

Last edited:
PND is more turn up type of music.
Thing you listen to when you heading out with the boys.

However you ccan smsh biiiush too both

It shouldn't take more than a few listens to realize they have nothing in common. The previous two posts should prove that you really have to reach to find similarities. Just because dude sings "faded" don't mean he's similar to anyone in particular lol. Just because they both have unique stage names don't mean they're similar. Drake and Canada? Do you realize how silly that is.. because they have a mutual rapper acquaintance and they're from the same country? Switch that to an American rapper and the USA and see how silly that sounds

Only thing I agree with in this whole debate is that both make nice music

I'm sorry but it's plain to see...the first thing I thought when I heard of this dude was the weeknd. People ain't saying that **** for no reason

Mr Wavez still making asinine posts in the music forum...surprise surprise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom