PAU GASOL TRADE TO THE LAKERS REVISITED

pau was injured at the time he didn't play at all during the 07-08 season up until that point but the grizzlies got marc gasol, javaris, crappy brown, and 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010. crittenton was a 2007 first round pick so they techniclly got marc gasol, a 2007 first round pick, a 2008 first round pick a 2010 first round pick and one of the biggest busts of all time.

the reality is when you trade a good player your almost never going to get equal value and what gets to me is the same people who cry about "jerry west gift wrapping pau gasol to the lakers" don't even know jerry west was retired then and they disregard the fact that kevin mchale hooked his boy danny up with kg that past summer instead of taking odom and bynum in the deal the lakers were offering.

pau was injured at the time he didn't play at all during the 07-08 season up until that point but the grizzlies got marc gasol, javaris, crappy brown, and 1st round picks in 2008 and 2010. crittenton was a 2007 first round pick so they techniclly got marc gasol, a 2007 first round pick, a 2008 first round pick a 2010 first round pick and one of the biggest busts of all time.

the reality is when you trade a good player your almost never going to get equal value and what gets to me is the same people who cry about "jerry west gift wrapping pau gasol to the lakers" don't even know jerry west was retired then and they disregard the fact that kevin mchale hooked his boy danny up with kg that past summer instead of taking odom and bynum in the deal the lakers were offering.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

That was the previous season, 2006-2007.

kevin mchale hooked his boy danny up with kg that past summer instead of taking odom and bynum in the deal the lakers were offering.

laugh.gif
 Whaaaaat.

The Timberwolves got a pretty decent return.

kevin mchale hooked his boy danny up with kg that past summer instead of taking odom and bynum in the deal the lakers were offering.

laugh.gif
 Whaaaaat.

The Timberwolves got a pretty decent return.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

That was the previous season, 2006-2007.

On the Lakers side, a complete steal.

On the Grizzlies side, they got rewarded with a good player, but could have/should have got even more back for a player like Pau.

On the Grizzlies side, they got rewarded with a good player, but could have/should have got even more back for a player like Pau.

Huh? Gasol not playing the 07-08 year?

Yes i think it was a steal, i mean seriously? the NBA lit up when they found out we got Gasol

Bill Walton, Steven A., G. Pop., coaches were trying to make there teams bigger knowing the LA would be a promlem.

But i guess Memphis got a pretty good deal.

Huh? Gasol not playing the 07-08 year?

Yes i think it was a steal, i mean seriously? the NBA lit up when they found out we got Gasol

Bill Walton, Steven A., G. Pop., coaches were trying to make there teams bigger knowing the LA would be a promlem.

But i guess Memphis got a pretty good deal.

It wasn't a bad trade. No matter where Gasol went, they wern't going to get anything of value in return.

Gasol being there didn't make the team any better, if not the Lakers they would of dumped him somewhere else.

Of course when you look at the Lakers success it may look very lobsided, but it wasn't.

It wasn't a bad trade. No matter where Gasol went, they wern't going to get anything of value in return.

Gasol being there didn't make the team any better, if not the Lakers they would of dumped him somewhere else.

Of course when you look at the Lakers success it may look very lobsided, but it wasn't.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

A player like Pau?  Not trying to discount Pau, because he is a a great player.....but its not like he was a superstar/franchise player.  He made one All Star team and zero All-Nba teams.  He was a damn good player, but people are acting like Pau was Tim Duncan.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

A player like Pau?  Not trying to discount Pau, because he is a a great player.....but its not like he was a superstar/franchise player.  He made one All Star team and zero All-Nba teams.  He was a damn good player, but people are acting like Pau was Tim Duncan.

need to wait to see how Greiveis Vasquez pans out to settle the question. this guy could be the second coming of ????.....

need to wait to see how Greiveis Vasquez pans out to settle the question. this guy could be the second coming of ????.....

Jerry West basically helped out his old team....

and Pau got traded for his brother(lol just odd)

People see that the Lakers won 2 championships with Pau and assume the trade was was a complete rip off. It wasnt.

People see that the Lakers won 2 championships with Pau and assume the trade was was a complete rip off. It wasnt.

Originally Posted by eight2one

West quit the previous summer and had no input on the trade at all...

Originally Posted by eight2one

West quit the previous summer and had no input on the trade at all...

Back
Top Bottom