::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

I want to #%#% kobe
this guy will forever be known by that statement
laugh.gif

seems like the grizzlies are modeling themselves like the suns and nuggets did a few years ago.

just dump salary, acquire draft picks and sign a marquee free agent or two.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

Just asking, but what would you Laker fans do if this deal ends up being horribly wrong for the Lakers and great for the Grizz?
honest question....have you seen kwame brown play? no....really...have you seen him play?

Yeah I know...I'm just saying some sort of miracle that happens only once a millennium or one time in all of existence type thing that Kwame canactually be a all star player.
laugh.gif

Pau: "I want to win an NBA ring"

Pau Gasol was interviewed by MARCA from Memphis in his first interview as a player of the Los Angeles Lakers. "I expect this to me a magnificent dream. Ijust can't believe it. They just gave me the news a few hours ago. It makes an impact when they tell you overnight that you are on a great team, a teamwith the best tradition in the NBA with a chance to win the title."

Pau was excited with this new stage in his career. "At a professional level and personally, I am content, very happy, what is happening now is thatI'm still in a state of shock", he said.

In commentaries on his webpage, Gasol sang praises toward the leader of the Californian team: Kobe Bryant. "Playing alongside Kobe Bryant is a privelegethat only a few have a chance to enjoy. With him, there are always aspirations for anything and he can give me the opportunity to play in the playoffs andshine in the championship just how I like it, fighting and winning."

The news shook the media outlets all over the planet. It is because the spanish center's life will change from this moment on. He assured that afterknowing the news, the first thing that came to his mind are "the personal things and leaving things behind. Later you'll think about the professionalside."

With respect to changing from Rudy Gay to having Kobe at his side, the Sant Boi indicated that it wasn't all that bad. "He is a player of the highestlevel, the best of the NBA. We can accomplish great things together and form a great combination." He also wanted to speak about his number with his newjersey. "They have told me that I can choose whatever I wanted and I didn't hesitate much. I wanted to continue with #16. It gives me luck."

The extraordinary center is eager to play with his new team. "I am very eager. The Lakers were my team when I was a kid. Now I'm pending a medicalexamination because my back hasn't been feeling well. I am going crazy to get it done."

What a beautiful day it was.

Now we need that "Pau Gasol Traded Back For Marc Gasol" thread.

Back
Top Bottom