Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

Quote:Originally Posted by Joepac12 Never seen one in baltimore. Couldn't pay me to wear that. Fashion from different regions is interesting because I'm sure ninja paid a grip for his while I wouldn't take the one he bought for free. Lol Quote:Originally Posted by Joepac12 Never seen one in baltimore. Couldn't pay me to wear that. Fashion from different regions is interesting because I'm sure ninja paid a grip for his while I wouldn't take the one he bought for free. Lo Never seen Never seen one in baltimore. Couldn't pay me to wear that. Fashion from different regions is interesting because I'm sure ninja paid a grip for his while I wouldn't take the one he bought for free. Lol

Ironically, Avirex leathers were huge in Baltimore and pretty much all of Maryland in the late 90s through early 2000s. I remember going into Westview Mall and seeing multiple stores stocked with nothing but Avi's from the ceiling to the floor back in like 99' :smokin. I even remember seeing dudes rocking the Wi Wear leathers out here back in like 98-00'. When I first moved to MD from Cali back in the 90's, Baltimore was like NY's little brother. Hella Baltimore dudes were trying to walk, talk and dress like New Yorkers. Hella folks from Baltimore got cousins and fam from NY or moved from there when they were little. The whole DMX and Wu connections to Baltimore in the 90's added to this influence. Once NY fell off from mainstream dominance in culture, a lot of the NY influence in Baltimore died down. I think Pelle Pelle leathers were one of those NY trends that Baltimore never picked up on. Back when Avirex was king, Pelle wasn't on the radar because honestly, Avirex had slightly better quality with zippers and button enclosure as well as more attention to detail with designs even in the coat linings.

In late 90s early 2000s in SF nobody really rocked Pelle Pelles but cats definitely were on the Avirex Leathers, I was hyped to get my first Avirex in HS back then and a lot of dudes in my hood of Lakeview had them.  Avirex were really the only brand for the stitched design leathers to pop off in SF with a few cats in the hood getting the Schott Leathers.  That was the HS me tho, once I got to college and moved around to 3 different cities and colleges and lived in 5 different cities as an adult and traveled to Europe and Asia etc. I'd never wear these stitched design and rhinestone leathers anymore.  Would much rather get an Alexander Wang or something designer if i'm going to spend that kind of money on a leather jacket

I really enjoyed this dope New Dec. 2016 interview that XXL did about the brand Pelle Pelle

Last edited:
Pelle Pelle in soon to be 2017 :wow:

Watchall tryna be? a Papoose stunt double?

I mean dawwg....

really tho?

what are u saying b, pelle leathers still clockin $800+ purchases by your local fly cat every fall/winter...da only Urban brand still doing it. i think u can buy 3/4th of H&M wit 800 bucks :lol:

Last edited:
I'm saying them joints is tacky and ugly my G. I don't care how much of a staple they are in the eyes of the hip-hop community/fan base or street N'. Im talking from a grown *** man perspective them things is ugly. You're probably right about that H&M comment but I can't be certain since i've never stepped in one of those stores my whole life. If you paying that much money might as well get you a Burberry trench coat or a North Face

^ bruh..you can't talk to cats stuck in the hood about different fashion. it just wont compute. thats all they know

ninja why do you keep comparing pelle to h&m? what is the connection there?

^ bruh..you can't talk to cats stuck in the hood about different fashion. it just wont compute. thats all they know

Gotta just accept that people who are set in their way about fashion won't really change

"Jacket is 3 sizes too big"

"Jacket is tacky with those rhinestones"

The dudes who are still wearing these have probably heard this before and don't give a ****

yup 

alp out here knows exactly what he doing. 

im not mad at him

Last edited:
Alp no different than j crew/brooks brothers/vineyard vines/sperry man either

People like what they like.

Not sure why that concept is so difficult to grasp :lol:

I don't care for them. But if Pelle Pelle is still in business then people (quite possibly grown *** men) obviously like them, are willing to spend GOOD money on them, and they're doing something right.

Last edited:

because hood cats cross shop and also occupy da same spaces, u got hipster/pony tail man bun pretty boys that will call a pelle "played" but will be dipped head to toe H&M/Zara/AE.

Pelle leather jackets been doing da damn thing since 1978...there is no other urban brand thats remotely relevant that can command da prices they charge.

If you paying that much money might as well get you a Burberry trench coat or a North Face

not all North face is made equal...unless u getting a steep tech Goretex and better its on da lower totem pole than a fresh butta soft pelle or a brand-new rinestone joint.

and Burberry trench dont hit da way a pelle does...

thats like comparing a fully loaded Acura to a 392 hemi charger...da Acura may cost more, but da Charger has a way more imposing profile.

Last edited:
am i the only one thats never heard of pelle pelle?

and after looking at their site i wouldnt be caught dead in it :lol:

You're from California, of course you wouldn't have heard of it

You're from California, of course you wouldn't have heard of it

recording-artist-the-game-attends-the-instore-appearance-with-fat-joe-picture-id72543488

he ain't got an excuse...

Back
Top Bottom