Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker appreciation

Pound for Pound one of the all time greats.

My dudes defensive swag is unmatched
pimp.gif

And he had no fear. Would fight anyone anytime unlike some of the fighters today

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rw1t2yAK_wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rw1t2yAK_wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sorry for the embed problem.. im new

Pound for Pound one of the all time greats.

My dudes defensive swag is unmatched
pimp.gif

And he had no fear. Would fight anyone anytime unlike some of the fighters today

sorry for the embed problem.. im new

Iono about him being a p4p all time great.

But he's still one of my all time FAVES.

One of my fav highlights.

But he's still one of my all time FAVES.

One of my fav highlights.

Yeah, probably just hyperbole but he's def in my top 5 faves of fighters of my time

just imagine if he had real ko power.. statement in question would be fact 

Yeah, probably just hyperbole but he's def in my top 5 faves of fighters of my time

just imagine if he had real ko power.. statement in question would be fact 

Remember when ESPN Classic had a Sweet Pea mararthon a few years back, then my cable box failed on me and I lost all of it.

Remember when ESPN Classic had a Sweet Pea mararthon a few years back, then my cable box failed on me and I lost all of it.

Son I'm on my phone but ill def watch from my comp later.
I was just a young lad when it happened so I may be way off but wasnt he the first to floor Julio ceasar chavez?

I was just a young lad when it happened so I may be way off but wasnt he the first to floor Julio ceasar chavez?

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

He was the first to whoop JCC.
But he was robbed.

But he was robbed.

Aww man, I was a youngn too but i remember being torn for this one.
SP was my fav but also had love for jcc (gotta root for fellow mex) but it was easy to see SP was robbed blind.

Aww man, I was a youngn too but i remember being torn for this one.
SP was my fav but also had love for jcc (gotta root for fellow mex) but it was easy to see SP was robbed blind.

Of Course he a P4P ALL TIME GREAT used to make World Class guys look foolish
He's probably no less than 3rd all time at Lightweight behind Duran and Benny Leonard and thats debateable , Even when he was on the olympic team he used to embarass Meldrick Taylor in the gym
Thats My dude Straight outta Norfolk Va , Young Park !!!
Always Appreciated

Of Course he a P4P ALL TIME GREAT used to make World Class guys look foolish
He's probably no less than 3rd all time at Lightweight behind Duran and Benny Leonard and thats debateable , Even when he was on the olympic team he used to embarass Meldrick Taylor in the gym
Thats My dude Straight outta Norfolk Va , Young Park !!!
Always Appreciated

Originally Posted by thacapt

But he was robbed.
30t6p3b.gif

0920_large.jpg

The fact that he's training my son Zab now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thacapt

But he was robbed.
30t6p3b.gif

0920_large.jpg

The fact that he's training my son Zab now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Amazing fighter, I don't think enough people realize how unbelievably hard it is to avoid punches the way he did. One of the best to ever do it.

Amazing fighter, I don't think enough people realize how unbelievably hard it is to avoid punches the way he did. One of the best to ever do it.

at his peak he was untouchbable, like a frail roy jones jr. son jus had the gift of anticipation

at his peak he was untouchbable, like a frail roy jones jr. son jus had the gift of anticipation

I remember hearing those stories about him just owning Meldrick Taylor in sparring. Appreciated
pimp.gif
one of my favorite fighters to watch.

I remember hearing those stories about him just owning Meldrick Taylor in sparring. Appreciated
pimp.gif
one of my favorite fighters to watch.

Back
Top Bottom