Pharrell New Album "Girl" coming Out March 3

After listening to this 3 times, its a very forgettable album. Please go back to Chad and Shae

Lost Queen is cool tho

Last edited:
And, yeah, either way, this album is hotfirelullabywickedjoyouselegantawesome fukcin music regardless of whatever he's wearing in the pic above

im late. didnt like the album :\
only thing that got stuck in my head was the 2nd half of Lost Queen and thats about it

he needs to stick with NERD/Neptunes

gust of wind is still amazing

im late. didnt like the album :\
only thing that got stuck in my head was the 2nd half of Lost Queen and thats about it

he needs to stick with NERD/Neptunes

i'll expect your post in a week about how much it "grew" on you

Last edited:
May be late pass for me, but did not know he did the "Come Get It Bae" joint previously for Rhea (lasted like 0.6 seconds with NERD)

Last edited:
Pharrell's "Happy" Video Is VERY Similar to the 2011 Girl Talk Film
Last year, Pharrell released a 24-hour-long video for "Happy", which featured round-the-clock footage of people dancing to his earth-swallowing hit. It was billed as "the world's first 24-hour music video." (Molly Beauchemin watched it all for those who didn't have the time.)

That might be true, but the concept itself may not have been wholly original, as SPIN points out. Back in 2011, creative agency Wild Combination released Girl Walk // All Day, a 75-minute video that followed three dancers across New York City as they danced to the entirety of Girl Talk's All Day. Dancer/actress Anne Marsen, who is one of the featured dancers in Girl Walk // All Day, noticed that "Happy" bore many striking similarities to Girl Walk // All Day, and has made a video showing them.

Marsen was careful not to throw out any accusations in an interview with SPIN. "[Director] Jacob [Krupnick] and I were saying, we agree, it's a great thing that dance is getting recognition as a long-form kind of thing, because we want to be making more projects that we're dreaming up now that are in this form," Marsen told SPIN. "Yet at the same time we feel like we're not getting the recognition for this."

A rep for Pharrell told SPIN that neither Pharrell nor the directing team behind the "Happy" video had seen Girl Walk // All Day. In an emailed statement to SPIN, Girl Talk's Greg Gillis (who wasn't directly involved with Girl Walk // All Day) hedged on calling Pharrell's video a copycat. "Yeah, there's definitely some similarities," he said. "It could be a coincidence or maybe somebody in Pharrell's camp was influenced by the video. Do I think the Pharrell video used those elements in a transformative nature and created something new out of it? Yes."

Krupnick voiced similar feelings. "I feel deeply inspired by Pharrell's music," he told SPIN. "I'd be thrilled to collaborate on a project with him. And I think, based on the video that Anne has made, on some level it's also safe to say that Pharrell — aware or not — was inspired by the film we made." 

still giving this album spins :pimp:

gush, lost queen (especially the 2nd half), gust of wind, know who you are, & it girl are still perfection :pimp:

Gush is one of the best songs I've ever heard, this ************ Pharrell is a master.

Back
Top Bottom