*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

watch ertz on this route:

and then the brooks play:

"unnecessary roughness":

paunil has a ton of clips from the game on his twitter

Last edited:
man I was over the Detroit game but all these stills and clips are making me salty. Real time action and replays of the DGB td drop I didn't think of PI, still feel like he could've grabbed it tho

man I was over the Detroit game but all these stills and clips are making me salty. 
Same.  You don't want to be that sore loser, or the "blaming the refs" guy, but when it's so blatant and right in your face, you can't help but feel some type of way.  Pretty sure fans of other teams would have their complaints as well.

but when it's so blatant and right in your face, you can't help but feel some type of way.  Pretty sure fans of other teams would have their complaints as well.
this is my issue..

when you have that big of a discrepancy between the number of calls between the two teams, you gotta look sideways.. that's if you didn't watch the game

but then if you actually watched the game and saw what got called vs what didn't get called.. shhh is just infuriating

like I get a bad call.. or even close calls.. or just no calls at the end because the refs don't want to decide the game..

but this shhh was the whole damn game

hell, the didn't call a 'pick' on the golden tate play, that key catch before they got into field goal range.. but guess what that isn't getting discussed because of all the other shhh

Last edited:
ehhh we have plenty of young wrs. We need a proven guy now
I think we kinda know what are young guys are, sadly

DGB the only real question mark.. I do think special teams could be huge for agholor though.. maybe getting him more involved could give him some sort of confidence, but I don't see him as better than a 3rd option (reminding me wayyyyy too much of reggie brown)

another big play was kendricks whiffing on a tackle where riddick would've been well short of the first. the refs then gave them a generous spot, got reversed, and Detroit still ended up going for it and getting the first(which i think concluded in TD). still had plays that were left on the field at the end of the day. This weeks game will tell us a lot about the DNA of this team.

Want to see DGB be featured heavy ..and Ertz usually feasts against the Skins

From the little I've of the skins, we gotta be run heavy.. I just pray it's with very very very little Mathews

Sproles gives us the run/pass option.. hopefully we see Smallwood a lil bit in that role, barner too

I am expecting smallwood and barner to be featured this week. There was no reason for them to get zero burn vs. the lions.

I want Smallwood to be the lead back with Sproles/Barner as your pass/run options with Mathews as a pure situational guy for the regular season. When we make the playoffs, then I'd fine with giving the lead role to a fresh and non injured Mathews

Probably best to go with barner as the lead guy, at first.. since he got a little more experience

But the carries are split between the 3.. but you give Smallwood every chance to take the reins

Also swap guys in and out on special teams

Not gonna lie: The part where he said he still talks to LeSean all the time about how dynamic they were in Philly kinda gave me the feels. Lesean probably wishes he was still there too. Made it seem like they aren't really feeling their current situations, and wished things could have just worked out in Philly.

Then the locker room quote saying that he (DeSean) definitely wants to come back and that he loved it in Philly ::nerd:

We good.. I'd rather guys like Jenkins being our lockerroom leader

Something we do have to give chip credit for is putting that extremely high value on having high character guys with strong work ethics..

Even though Smallwood and mills had stuff going on before they were drafted, we're in a far better position to deal with that kind of stuff

I'm cool bringing in character concerns, but you don't want dudes who are going be the loudest voices in the room or who are going act entitled

That high character stuff is overrated. I'm not giving Chip credit for ****

Desean was in no way that much of a detriment to the team

That high character stuff is overrated. I'm not giving Chip credit for ****

Desean was in no way that much of a detriment to the team
Agreed. While it's nice to have guys in leadership roles with their heads on straight, often times the guys with "character concerns" are overblown and they end up being studs.

ehhh we have plenty of young wrs. We need a proven guy now

I'm fine signing someone but Desean loses that step it's over for him and Alshon is always hurt

I gotta look at the free agent class, I loved Marvin Jones and wished we signed him, I saw the skill set

I was screaming for Marvin Jones all offseason.. we def missed the boat on him

Interested in Michael Floyd ..but it's kinda alarming he can't put up numbers with Fitz on the other side

Last edited:
I was screaming for Marvin Jones all offseason.. we def missed the boat on him

Interested in Michael Floyd ..but it's kinda alarming he can't put up numbers with Fitz on the other side

Was so high on Marvin

Drafted him real early in fantasy too

I'm not sure how I feel about Floyd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom