Pic(s) Request: Jordan wearing 1-23 Vol: Has this been done before?

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

let me get this straight.....mike wearing number 45 in his 10s and then 23 in his 11s, i know since they retired number 23 they wouldnt let him wear it, but
did they just change their minds and let him after that cause he was 23 from '96 on through '99?

He chose to wear #45 when he first came back, not because it was retired. After a poor start in the 95 Eastern Semi Finals against the Orlando Magic, MJ switched back to #23 without the league's consent. I believe he was fined for this action because the Bulls did not give proper notification to the league.

This series was famous for alot of different reasons. The Magic taking the Bulls in 6. Ending MJ's comeback for that year. MJ switching numbers, Debut of the XI's (Concords AND Space Jams), and also Jordan wearing Penny's Air Flight One's.

MJ got fined every game this whole season for wearing the Jersey. He had to wait till next year to get clearance. I remember this vividly on ESPN

michael-jordan_3.jpg

1996_1997_rasheed_wallace.jpg

42873479.jpg

041305.jpg

1997_1998_seattle_hersey_hawkins.jpg

nba_g_jordan_iverson_580.jpg

the one and only.

Jordan is in a league of his own. The hype for shoes now is different then it was then. There are so many other shoes now. Back in the day, it was all abouthaving that year's Jordan. it wasn't built up hype or marketing hype, ya had
pimp.gif
shoes and ya had Jordan in his prime backing them. That was it.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

great thread. no pics of him in shadow 9s, i suppose??
nerd.gif

one thing about the 9's is you gotta remember he barely ever wore those, those were his baseball days. He did wear the Baron 9's, but charcoal 9'si barely seen Mike wear.

Back
Top Bottom