pickup ball question

say a guy is constantly clearing out/pushing with the off arm and bulling people over, is it then ok for the defender to get away with hand checking and ridinghim?

dude called me for hand checking, but was pulling offensive fouls all game,
laugh.gif

what is the etiquette?

seems fine to me. Pickup games are going to get physical and if that guy is pushing people down when he drives its fine to hand check him imo.

I wouldn't be worried about your basketball etiquette here, he's the one who seems to lack it.

He sounds like one of those players who calls fouls whenever he doesn't make a shot

Yes that is perfectly acceptable. Who calls hand checks in a pick-up game to begin with?

He's probably one of those guys that calls a foul if you're close to him and he misses his shot.

laugh.gif
calling handchecking?

you shoulda flopped on him or something.

seriously though, why is it always the guys that push off all the time that call the slightest touch fouls?
laugh.gif

255forLife wrote:
laugh.gif
calling handchecking?

you shoulda flopped on him or something.

seriously though, why is it always the guys that push off all the time that call the slightest touch fouls?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
^ Yep, this is so true. I once saw a guy that called afoul everytime he took a shot just in case it did not go in, even on uncontested shots.

Yea fam, I was playing ball with some Jehovah Witness's in middle of nowhere Oklahoma, and unless you just blatantly push them over, they don;t even callhandchecking. You need to find a new gym.

Just moved almost a year ago, and I love the gym I play at. There's usually one or two fouls called a game, and it's almost always a foul that wasblatantly obvious to everyone, and people don't really foul a whole lot, so it's not like people are just hacking the crap out of each other but onlycalling something like once or twice a game.

We're all just there to play, get a good sweat, bust some shots, muscle each other around a little bit... good times.
smokin.gif

NOBODY should ever call a hand check foul in a pickup game... The NBA soft rules do not apply anywhere else
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Just moved almost a year ago, and I love the gym I play at. There's usually one or two fouls called a game, and it's almost a foul that was blatantly obvious to everyone, and people don't really foul a whole lot, so it's not like people are just hacking the crap out of each other but only calling something like once or twice a game.

We're all just there to play, get a good sweat, bust some shots, muscle each other around a little bit... good times.
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
The way pickup ball should be.

I would never call a hand check but if someone was handchecking I would say tell them they're handchecking. If they want to continue then whatever, butI've had a situation like that and when I told the guy it stopped. I wouldn't stop ball and literally call a handcheck though.

Same thing goes for the guy fouling on offense. I wouldn't call an offensive foul but when guys pushoff and stuff like that I let them know they'repushing off and usually that's enough for guys to stop. Now if that same guy continues and then is making weak calls on defense like"handchecks", I probably lose my cool for a second. I hate people that play tough but act soft on foul calls. They'll post you up from halfcourtshoving you all around and then you get a piece of their pinky finger and they call foul.

man some dude tried to call a charge today when I was playing ball. Laughed him out the gym.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Or charging.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
the nerve of these dudes, didn't even try to reach or make a play on theball when i seen it once , i just wanted to leave the gym
smh.gif
smh.gif

At college,dudes make the game point an all day affair with the foul calls
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Whenever I'm guarding one of them dudes that like to 'stiff arm' their way to the hole, I literally just WRAP my arm around theirs in a veryobvious way. Usually they try and muscle through it, and when they call the foul and say something bout holding them, I just let em know 'don't out itout there like that and I won't have anything to wrap'.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

say a guy is constantly clearing out/pushing with the off arm and bulling people over, is it then ok for the defender to get away with hand checking and riding him?

dude called me for hand checking, but was pulling offensive fouls all game,
laugh.gif

what is the etiquette?

i dont know what's sadder,

that guy calling hand checking in a pick up game or you needing to ask if you're allowed to hand check in a pick up game.

this is basketball not ballet
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom