Pickup basketball stereotypes.

:lol: Spot on.

My brother is a combo of "player coach" and "imaginary dunker".

SMH im the imaginary dunker now :smh: use to be able to dunk in HS easily at 5'9'' now im 6'1 and struggling to touch rim with 2 hands :x

roll.gif
video was mad accurate 

Some stereotypes that weren't mentioned:

dudes that changes the score when they're losing. It would be 15-13 our way and this dude would make a layup and be like "15 up, ked." And would be like "yo before I made a layup my man made that jumpshot over in the corner" when he didn't. I play with at least ONE of these guys every week. 

Guys that don't pass you the ball when you're open but does when you're being D'd up.

Guys that don't pass you the ball when you're open but does when you're being D'd up.

Man I swear to god I hate people that do that. Calling for the ball and soon as I get D'd up, pause, I get the ball like son I ain't got no handles. :lol:

I am a mixture of football guy X Tall Guy that shoots 3s, even though I'm onl 6'1 X Imaginary dunker.

Dude that thinks he can shoot at the park kills me.
"These double rims"
"I got injured yesterday"
"I'm off today" that one is my favorite

when im guarding someone and they call for 3-4 screens before even making a move to the rim
mean.gif

Dude that thinks he can shoot at the park kills me.
"These double rims"
"I got injured yesterday"
"I'm off today" that one is my favorite
or they call the foul once they realize its an airball
even worse, "***** man, this wind is killing me"

I hate the player coach the most tho. They would yell at you for ish but then next time up he would do the same thing and act like nothing happened.

Only cats I cant stand on the court are foul calling *** dudes, clowns get on the court branded up in nike head to toe and quick to call a foul for every little thing smh.

Last edited:
Man I could go on for days about this topic:

- the first game of the day that goes to 15 around my may that ends up lasting about 45 minutes to an hour, and if the score is 14 up EVERYONE is an All NBA defender and no one commits a foul

-the last game of the day that goes to 15 when everyone is tired and it last about 5 minutes and no defense is being played

-everyone that has the mindset that just because a guy on the team is the shortest that he has to be the point guard

-the guy who dribbles just to wear down the grip on the ball (I have always been taught that if you can't make a move in five dribbles give up the damn ball)

-the guy who says he played at xxxx college or league and when you go to google him with your smart phone he says the website has not been updated in a while and doesn't know why you can't find him.

-the guy in the sweaty t-shirt or wife beater

-the guy with all the fresh gear and shoes that looks the part, but can't play

-the dude that says he has five people on his squad but there is no on there, but the people he is waiting to show up would never hold a spot down for him

-the gym has 8 other rims and we have a game going on but everyone wants to shoot or have a impromptu one on one game while we are running full court. there are four other courts with nobody on them go play over there and stop ruining our game or fast breaks because a ball rolls on the floor

- when you are waiting to play the team that is running the floor and they lose to a scrub team and the gym just empties because they have lost

-when there are ten people in the gym ready to play but nobody wants to make a move because they are waiting for the gym "superstars" to show up

-the scrub who has buddies that play for the college b-ball team and he is there fifth person and he can't play a lick but does all the talking on the squad
-dudes who keep getting recycled if they lose by the person who has next (this happens at one of the gyms I go to because there is not a list)

-waiting to see if you miss before you call foul

-fouling me then seeing that I miss then ask if I am ok - if you know you fouled me give up the ball

-calls that are let go at 2-1, but will stop the game and cause a big argument at 14-14

-the dude who lifts weights and wants everyone to know so he wont call foul. like we know you lift weights and that you are strong - we are not going think any less of you if you call your foul

-the dude who wants to use basketball to get loose before he goes to lift weights- there is a track upstairs go up there and run don't take up a spot of someone who showed up to play

-the dude who has bought his son and he is sorry and his dad is trying to teach him while we are losing and the gym is slowly getting full

-games that are not that serious until people start showing up and all of a sudden the game gets very serious, and if you lose you have to wait for a very long time

-"homeboy" ball - roommates or dudes who rode together and they guard eachother and let eachother score or give eachother fouls or what have you. kind of like LeBron and Durant

-the dudes who play for the college team that wear there team gear and everyone thinks they can play but they can't

-the and one "refugees" that are still around, turning over the ball left and right

-the Iverson - Carmelo arm band guys

-the football pad guy thigh pads, and rib pad guy

-the dude who takes it easy on the girl on the floor and you end up losing

-girls on the floor period, ANYTIME a girl is on the floor the intensity level of the game goes down 100000000000000000%

-when you play early on Saturday morning the guy who was drinking all Friday nite and you can smell it on his breath and his pores and with cigarette smoke as well

-the dude who just shows up for one game is the reason your team has lost and just leaves afterwards

-when your team is about to lose the guy that starts jacking up shots so he can get his points in so he can brag about what he did during the game while he waits to play again

-the dudes who try to put on a show when girls are watching in the gym

-the dude who will call you out in front of your girl and talk about you and her and if he use to talk to her or know someone that did will talk about what he /they use do with her ( I have seen that cause some UGLY fights - many times)

I have more but its late.....

Last edited:
Coach is the worst guy on the court.

I have (at times) been football guy. If I miss a shot, just don't drive the lane on the next play.
Seriously. The 'coach' expects you to dive for the ball while playing on concrete like it's for the championship.

There's also the 'outlier' guy that is either mad good or really bad. Case in point, there was this guy at the park in Stone Cold Steve Austin jorts, high tube socks, work boots, and a "White Men Can't Jump" t shirt that was cut off into a tank (wouldn't be surprised if he got that joint from the release date). He got picked because he was needed to run a 4 on 4. The guy lit everyone up :lol:

I'm def the guy who misses all game and banks in the game winning 3 + the my bad guy.

:smh:

and yeah some old dudes be gettin' their uncle drew on.
I used to see this cat that always call himself "Jesus" after Ray Allen. He would make 1 out of 20 or so 3s and would say something like "when it rains, it pours" :lol:

Word to that. There's a lot of Middle Eastern cats around my way, and some of them wanna ball shirtless. I don't even play D at that point. :x

Also, dribbler that can't make a shot. :lol:

I'm the guy that shoots only 3's .. I'm not that tall though. (6'1) :lol:

Back when And 1 was hot, dudes would care more about the sick moves than the score. Cats would drive into the hole, and bust a u turn and come back to mid court to do it again :smh: :lol:

lynchpin33 quote:

-games that are not that serious until people start showing up and all of a sudden the game gets very serious, and if you lose you have to wait for a very long time

-when there are ten people in the gym ready to play but nobody wants to make a move because they are waiting for the gym "superstars" to show up

-the scrub who has buddies that play for the college b-ball team and he is there fifth person and he can't play a lick but does all the talking on the squad

-dudes who keep getting recycled if they lose by the person who has next (this happens at one of the gyms I go to because there is not a list)

Spot on.. Sound exactly like the gym that I play basketball at..

lynchpin33 quote:

the smallest guy on the court who tries super hard to body people and just ends up getting mad after getting pushed around all game

lynchpin33 quote:

the smallest guy on the court who tries super hard to body people and just ends up getting mad after getting pushed around all game

:rofl:
@ the shortest guy on the court thinking he's a center.. he thinks that he's the strongest on the court.. he also believes that he can block shots.. Grab rebounds.. post up people.. dominate the paint.. but failed miserably! !

Last edited:
Dudes that want to run a full court when there's only 2 rims on a court and you got a group that wants to run 4v4.
Oh my bad I ain't know yall ************* paid for these courts. Foh

:rofl:
@ the shortest guy on the court thinking he's a center.. he thinks that he's the strongest on the court.. he also believes that he can block shots.. Grab rebounds.. post up people.. dominate the paint.. but failed miserably! !

:rofl: It's funny cause I have teammates straight fighting each other cause I'm shorter and constantly grabbing boards over em.

like full blown arguments and i'm just :smokin

Damn, I'm the "my bad guy" :frown:

also, won't eem lie, I blame the double rim a lot.

Last edited:
im the coach player but some of the people i play with its like the basics of the game are not there. when someone sets a screen im not asking you hedge it just switch it, its the most basic thing to do :smh:

Back
Top Bottom