Pickup basketball stereotypes.

Dudes who complain about hard defense when you go straight up to defend but throw their body around like its nothing. Straight *****'s. **** are you complaining about me going straight up and then throw your body at me like thats normal?

Anyone else purposely slack on defense and throw up hail mary's just to piss off the Player Coach who thinks it's game 7 of the NBA finals?

That passive aggressive ball play
pimp.gif

Tall guy that shoots 3's = A PG to actual basketball player.

"Because I'm only 5'9, 6'3 is like Shaq to me, so I think you should work the paint.." :rolleyes

Under that logic, you shouldn't even be playing unless your 6ft plus.

Tall pick up guys usually can't shoot. Now if you're draining them then no one can get mad at ya.

Anyone else purposely slack on defense and throw up hail mary's just to piss off the Player Coach who thinks it's game 7 of the NBA finals?

That passive aggressive ball play :pimp:
nah sometimes it ruins the game if kids r playing cuz everyone starts doing it too

"Because I'm only 5'9, 6'3 is like Shaq to me, so I think you should work the paint.." :rolleyes

uhhh that's how it works it's common sense.

if you're 6ft+ chances are you're the tallest on the court. why wouldn't you take advantage of the fact no one should be able to guard your height / weight with some easy post play....

and like someone said if they're knocking down 3s no one is gonna question it. but usually they aren't

hate when that happens
yea its annoying as hell
lol that's the point

I don't mind the Player Coach if they're actually calm and collective about directing others that encourages their team, but the ones that start bringing the whole team down by head shaking, yelling, and sighing like a little baby are the ones that had it coming anyways. That's just not a leader at all and nobody is going to play any better with that kind of attitude.

Last edited:

if you're 6ft+ chances are you're the tallest on the court. why wouldn't you take advantage of the fact no one should be able to guard your height / weight with some easy post play....

and like someone said if they're knocking down 3s no one is gonna question it. but usually they aren't
Bcuz I don't know how to post up

if you've been bred to play point guard your entire laugh, its not as easy to just "post up"....

Word. Posting is hard. Playing with your back to the basket isn't the easiest thing especially when that pair gets clogged up

If you're a big then I don't expect you to post up but I do expect you to crash the boards. Too many bigs don't even touch the paint here..

And I hate when bigs call ticky tack fouls, if you got hacked then that's cool but if you got slapped then let it slide

And I hate when people get fouled and they just walk to the top of the key without saying anything. Bro I'm not gonna call your fouls for you, If you get fouled call it so we're not confused :lol:

:lol: I try to tell dudes this.

I'm 6ft and cats always tell me "man, I'f I had your height I'd be dunking, blocking shots, alley oops, blah blah blah"

And I just laugh, cause in reality, being 6ft doesn't change a damn thing :lol:

Yeah I can dunk, but it ain't like I'm about to run the floor like Lebron. Short people have a horrible perception of what "tall" really is.

I'm barely Rondo's height. When the last time you seen Rondo or CP3 throwing self oops off the backboard?

This ain't no team flight brothers :rofl:

Last edited:
They should put the fat tall dude with no skills who just runs you down to get easy layups. Playing physical and posting up is one thing, launching yourself into me when you weigh 250+ is another :lol:

Last edited:
-Love dudes that swear they're MJ himself in a pick up game
-the smelly dude
-the shirtless dude that feels like he's lathered in oil
-the plays defense with his arms and not his feet dude ie. you go past him and he blocks your path by holding you back with his arm
-the black hole dude, you give him the ball and that **** ain't coming back out
-the Steve Francis (unnecessary crossovers over and over again)

I played too much pickup ball :lol:

Word. Posting is hard. Playing with your back to the basket isn't the easiest thing especially when that pair gets clogged up

This. What's worse is when you do play the post and the other guys on the team don't know how to feed the post or just stand there so their defender crashes in on you.

don't know if this was mentioned but i played with some guys one time and one of  them swapped out balls twice 
laugh.gif

Man I wish I was 6'ft :frown: playing at 5"6 SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS
Sometimes I just can't do **** when everyone is 7" taller than me smh I got thrashed by a 6'4 girl once

Im the looks are decieving dude but total inverse of that lol

I'm short usually left open or half assed on defense... but once they see that shot or how fast i can explode on court I usually get daps when the games over from the bigger dudes

This is from playing at 24 hour fitness (Carson, Compton,Hermosa usually) or in local intermurals

the guy who could be the best player on the court based on talent but is mad soft and gets pushed around all game

Back
Top Bottom