PILIPINOS! Know your history.

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

Know history, know self. No history, no self.

Filipino and proud.
pimp.gif
This!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

OP, interesting stuff you posted. I knew a bit of history since my mom told me about it while I was young; but your post just added more to my knowledge of our culture.

Filipino and proud.
pimp.gif
This!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

OP, interesting stuff you posted. I knew a bit of history since my mom told me about it while I was young; but your post just added more to my knowledge of our culture.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Filipino and proud.
pimp.gif
This!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To me its just as much about the past, as it is about the present and the future. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Filipino and proud.
pimp.gif
This!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To me its just as much about the past, as it is about the present and the future. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
a lot of good info in here. came to the US when i was 10 in 1994. was born in Tacloban City in Leyte so i speak/understand Waray fluently. Tagalog is something else though, i can understand it fluently but as far as speaking it, i have trouble with it 
grin.gif
, been trying to get better with it though. anybody else speak Waray in here?

pimp.gif
a lot of good info in here. came to the US when i was 10 in 1994. was born in Tacloban City in Leyte so i speak/understand Waray fluently. Tagalog is something else though, i can understand it fluently but as far as speaking it, i have trouble with it 
grin.gif
, been trying to get better with it though. anybody else speak Waray in here?

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ My bad. It's just things haven't really gotten better over here, no matter how much ''progress'' was claimed to be made. Same old *$#%
ohwell.gif

Yeah. Filipinos of old were very renowned in the region. Like the video said, we had great relations with our neighbors. Great values and an honorable people. And we held up our own very well. At one point, we were even a feared force. Hey, we did kick Magellan's #@$ back in 1521.
pimp.gif

Nowadays, it's sad that we're being bullied by China over a group of islands that aren't remotely even close to their territory. And we really can't defend ourselves if the #$%@ got real.
indifferent.gif
After looking deeper into the actual meaning and ancients roots of the N word, it brought me back to here. What's amazing to me is that the N word today, symbolizes the biggest form of corruption modern society has ever known. Hatred at its finest through slavery, murdering, modern oppression etc. But when you realize where this word actually came from, and how it stood for great things across many many cultures that spanned the 4 corners of the globe, you realize the power of understanding the meanings of the things you read and speak. The N word today is used for prejudice, oppression, ignorance and used towards people considered to be lower than your average person. The word Naga, is eastern symbolizing one of the first civilizations of earthlings directly born from divine beings. NGR is the Egyptian word for "God" or "Nature". Negash is a biblical translation for "King" or "Emporer".
The reason I am mentioning this is because the ancient filipinos, egyptians and israelites all shared a belief that life is/was created out of text and spoken words. Knowing the meanings of these things has profound effects. The corruption of the N word had profound effects. Imagine how amazingly effective it would be to spread such knowledge of how good things use to be? 

The whole world is being oppressed right now by ruling classes, similar oppressions to ancient filipinos and african slaves, but with a modern day twist. There is only one way to defeat that oppression. Knowledge.

The winners write the history.  No one can go undefeated nahmsayin nagas?

Edit: Also, don't let media fool you etc. I read on the FBI or CIA website that the Philippines was #3 on the list of countries LEAST effected by the global financial crisis. The Philippines are still a major resource to alot of other countries. The Philippines is HUGE in importance to America's interest in the pacific or asia.

^ My bad. It's just things haven't really gotten better over here, no matter how much ''progress'' was claimed to be made. Same old *$#%
ohwell.gif

Yeah. Filipinos of old were very renowned in the region. Like the video said, we had great relations with our neighbors. Great values and an honorable people. And we held up our own very well. At one point, we were even a feared force. Hey, we did kick Magellan's #@$ back in 1521.
pimp.gif

Nowadays, it's sad that we're being bullied by China over a group of islands that aren't remotely even close to their territory. And we really can't defend ourselves if the #$%@ got real.
indifferent.gif
After looking deeper into the actual meaning and ancients roots of the N word, it brought me back to here. What's amazing to me is that the N word today, symbolizes the biggest form of corruption modern society has ever known. Hatred at its finest through slavery, murdering, modern oppression etc. But when you realize where this word actually came from, and how it stood for great things across many many cultures that spanned the 4 corners of the globe, you realize the power of understanding the meanings of the things you read and speak. The N word today is used for prejudice, oppression, ignorance and used towards people considered to be lower than your average person. The word Naga, is eastern symbolizing one of the first civilizations of earthlings directly born from divine beings. NGR is the Egyptian word for "God" or "Nature". Negash is a biblical translation for "King" or "Emporer".
The reason I am mentioning this is because the ancient filipinos, egyptians and israelites all shared a belief that life is/was created out of text and spoken words. Knowing the meanings of these things has profound effects. The corruption of the N word had profound effects. Imagine how amazingly effective it would be to spread such knowledge of how good things use to be? 

The whole world is being oppressed right now by ruling classes, similar oppressions to ancient filipinos and african slaves, but with a modern day twist. There is only one way to defeat that oppression. Knowledge.

Edit: Also, don't let media fool you etc. I read on the FBI or CIA website that the Philippines was #3 on the list of countries LEAST effected by the global financial crisis. The Philippines are still a major resource to alot of other countries. The Philippines is HUGE in importance to America's interest in the pacific or asia.

^ one of the guys in the coup is now a senator over here. Amazing.
laugh.gif
Politics is a *@#%ing mess over here.
indifferent.gif

Oh, and everyone's favorite boxing champ, Manny Pacquiao is a congressman. Go figure.
30t6p3b.gif

And you have movie actors who haven't really done jack while in office get the most number of votes during reelection. Disappointing.
ohwell.gif

i honestly believe anyone would be a shoo-in in politics here if you're popular enough, rich enough, or make the people scared of you (in some cases, some politicians are gangsta, with tons of bodyguards and they're strapped as well; you got ex-convicts getting elected as well). You just have to know how to read and write. Doesn't matter if you have a legal background or not. If the people like you, you're on your way.

sad but true
30t6p3b.gif

^ one of the guys in the coup is now a senator over here. Amazing.
laugh.gif
Politics is a *@#%ing mess over here.
indifferent.gif

Oh, and everyone's favorite boxing champ, Manny Pacquiao is a congressman. Go figure.
30t6p3b.gif

And you have movie actors who haven't really done jack while in office get the most number of votes during reelection. Disappointing.
ohwell.gif

i honestly believe anyone would be a shoo-in in politics here if you're popular enough, rich enough, or make the people scared of you (in some cases, some politicians are gangsta, with tons of bodyguards and they're strapped as well; you got ex-convicts getting elected as well). You just have to know how to read and write. Doesn't matter if you have a legal background or not. If the people like you, you're on your way.

sad but true
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Reminds me of this thread.http://niketalk.yuku.com/...ing-of-the-N-word?page=1

Originally Posted by buggz05

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Reminds me of this thread.http://niketalk.yuku.com/...ing-of-the-N-word?page=1

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

i have ZERO desire to learn spanish (i actually abhor it) 

i love it when hispanics try to speak spanish to me i hit em w/ the "
indifferent.gif
nah i dont speak that. 

...do you man
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

i have ZERO desire to learn spanish (i actually abhor it) 

i love it when hispanics try to speak spanish to me i hit em w/ the "
indifferent.gif
nah i dont speak that. 

...do you man
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by KenJi714

They're the negros of Asia

More like Island Mexicans.
laugh.gif
I always considered PI folks to be cousins, and Cambodians to be the Black Asians. No offense if you take it as a negative, but rather an observation.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom