Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Kobe in his prime > Lebron in his prime
That's real.
Again...
Exactly what do you base that on? lol. Do I really need to make a list of LeBron's seasons that he outperforms Kobe's best season? There's many to chose from.

Not even in his prime LeBron > Prime Kobe. 
roll.gif
Well. I look at it like this. Lebron basically outperformed Kobe because he was a 1 man team for the majority of his career. The cavs teams were built around him, so of course he would get his assists, rebounds, points, etc. Kobe had another star for the majority of his career. When he didn't have a star (around 04-07), he was DESTROYING the league. 81, 62 in 3 q, like 5 straight 50 point games, couple 60 point games. That all went away when Gasol came to the Lakers.
did kobe win at least 50 games a season?
if he didn't, then it only means that he was just jacking up shots.

bron can jack up 40 shots and score 80 or 90 pts if he wanted to..but the team record won't be near 60 wins.

you gotta look at it like this. stop looking at 50pts 60pts games. 

just making you look like a damnn fool 
laugh.gif

That's real.
Again...
Exactly what do you base that on? lol. Do I really need to make a list of LeBron's seasons that he outperforms Kobe's best season? There's many to chose from.

roll.gif
Well. I look at it like this. Lebron basically outperformed Kobe because he was a 1 man team for the majority of his career. The cavs teams were built around him, so of course he would get his assists, rebounds, points, etc. Kobe had another star for the majority of his career. When he didn't have a star (around 04-07), he was DESTROYING the league. 81, 62 in 3 q, like 5 straight 50 point games, couple 60 point games. That all went away when Gasol came to the Lakers.

bron can jack up 40 shots and score 80 or 90 pts if he wanted to..but the team record won't be near 60 wins.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Again...

roll.gif

laugh.gif
or that he was playing with one of the worst supporting casts in the history of the NBA and yes way worse then the Cavs' when lebron was there

Again...

roll.gif

laugh.gif
or that he was playing with one of the worst supporting casts in the history of the NBA and yes way worse then the Cavs' when lebron was there

wait so kobes better than wilt and oscar? lol 
lebron doesn't need 5 rings to be better than kobe. get real
That's real.
Again...
66036db36851951b7fad4881b6adf887e4e29825_r.gif

roll.gif

YUP.

wait so kobes better than wilt and oscar? lol 
lebron doesn't need 5 rings to be better than kobe. get real
That's real.
Again...
66036db36851951b7fad4881b6adf887e4e29825_r.gif

roll.gif

YUP.

to be fair kobe was playing in a deeeeep western conference. Bron was playing against more terrible teams

to be fair kobe was playing in a deeeeep western conference. Bron was playing against more terrible teams

That's real.
Again...

roll.gif
Yeah, LeBron has 50 point games too. You know what the difference is though? When LeBron does it it's because he's shooting well and scoring efficiently. When Kobe does it, it's because he's shooting too much, and his team usually ends up losing the game. 
Kobe even holds the record for the worst performance for a player that scored 40+ points in one game with 17-47. Lol. This guy takes 47 shots and misses 30 of them. Sure, he got points, but there not a single scorer in the NBA that can't score volume points when taking such an absurd amount of shots. Of all of the 50+ point games with less than 50% shooting in NBA history, Kobe is responsible for almost half of them. Seriously. Not an exaggeration. 6 of 13.

Statistically, when LeBron and Kobe take 30+ shots in a game, LeBron's team wins the majority of the time. Kobe's team loses twice as much as they win. There's a difference between scoring alot and scoring alot efficiently.

LeBron is already #3 of all time in points per game. Kobe's not even a top 10. LeBron scores more points than Kobe, and he does it taking less shots. LeBron shot 51.1% this year. LeBron has had 2 seasons over 50%. Kobe has NEVER had one. The best season he's ever had is 47%. They both came in the league out of high school. LeBron first couple years, he was a dominating superstar player. Kobe was a benchwarmer who was a pretty bad player chucking up airballs at record numbers. lol.

Like you said, Kobe has been with other super stars and LeBron was a one man team. Why does LeBron beat him in assists? Why does Kobe miss more shots while scoring less?

LeBron wins in PPG, assists, FG%, rebounding, blocks, steals, PER, win shares (off and def), better defender.....  this is not a close comparison at all. Kobe doesn't compare to Dwyane Wade, let alone LeBron.

If you have any reason at all why prime Kobe is supposedly better than prime Bron, let's hear it. And don't come with that 5 rings BS. You already stated that Kobe has been on stacked teams while Bron was a "1 man team" in Cleveland. Plus I really don't feel like typing up all the facts and stats showing how Kobe has NEVER been the main reason his team won a championship. He has ALWAYS been outperformed by his team mates in the playoffs/finals. He even has the WORST performance in NBA history for a finals MVP (6-24).

Kobe is one of my all time favorite players and the Lakers is my all time favorite team, but the Kobe stans constantly force me to show the truth when they try to rewrite history and spread incorrect BS hype and myths about Kobe. It's starting to happen with D.Rose now too.

That's real.
Again...

roll.gif
Yeah, LeBron has 50 point games too. You know what the difference is though? When LeBron does it it's because he's shooting well and scoring efficiently. When Kobe does it, it's because he's shooting too much, and his team usually ends up losing the game. 
Kobe even holds the record for the worst performance for a player that scored 40+ points in one game with 17-47. Lol. This guy takes 47 shots and misses 30 of them. Sure, he got points, but there not a single scorer in the NBA that can't score volume points when taking such an absurd amount of shots. Of all of the 50+ point games with less than 50% shooting in NBA history, Kobe is responsible for almost half of them. Seriously. Not an exaggeration. 6 of 13.

Statistically, when LeBron and Kobe take 30+ shots in a game, LeBron's team wins the majority of the time. Kobe's team loses twice as much as they win. There's a difference between scoring alot and scoring alot efficiently.

LeBron is already #3 of all time in points per game. Kobe's not even a top 10. LeBron scores more points than Kobe, and he does it taking less shots. LeBron shot 51.1% this year. LeBron has had 2 seasons over 50%. Kobe has NEVER had one. The best season he's ever had is 47%. They both came in the league out of high school. LeBron first couple years, he was a dominating superstar player. Kobe was a benchwarmer who was a pretty bad player chucking up airballs at record numbers. lol.

Like you said, Kobe has been with other super stars and LeBron was a one man team. Why does LeBron beat him in assists? Why does Kobe miss more shots while scoring less?

LeBron wins in PPG, assists, FG%, rebounding, blocks, steals, PER, win shares (off and def), better defender.....  this is not a close comparison at all. Kobe doesn't compare to Dwyane Wade, let alone LeBron.

If you have any reason at all why prime Kobe is supposedly better than prime Bron, let's hear it. And don't come with that 5 rings BS. You already stated that Kobe has been on stacked teams while Bron was a "1 man team" in Cleveland. Plus I really don't feel like typing up all the facts and stats showing how Kobe has NEVER been the main reason his team won a championship. He has ALWAYS been outperformed by his team mates in the playoffs/finals. He even has the WORST performance in NBA history for a finals MVP (6-24).

Kobe is one of my all time favorite players and the Lakers is my all time favorite team, but the Kobe stans constantly force me to show the truth when they try to rewrite history and spread incorrect BS hype and myths about Kobe. It's starting to happen with D.Rose now too.

^^^ Onion must have seen that video about the comparison of MJ and Kobe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lebron's team actually faired better against western conference teams in the past 4 years he was with the Cavs.
08-09 Eastern 40-12 .769 win pct

Western 26-4 .866 win pct

09-10 Eastern 38-14 .730 win pct

Western 23-7 .733 win pct

Also the year he went to the NBA finals 

06-07 Eastern 31-21 .596 win pct

Western 19-11 .633 win pct

So he has always performed better against the western conference team than eastern conference teams. If he was playing in the west his team could be performing better than he is now??
smile.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lebron's team actually faired better against western conference teams in the past 4 years he was with the Cavs.
08-09 Eastern 40-12 .769 win pct

Western 26-4 .866 win pct

09-10 Eastern 38-14 .730 win pct

Western 23-7 .733 win pct

Also the year he went to the NBA finals 

06-07 Eastern 31-21 .596 win pct

Western 19-11 .633 win pct

So he has always performed better against the western conference team than eastern conference teams. If he was playing in the west his team could be performing better than he is now??
smile.gif

Originally Posted by cornzilla

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OMFG, don't get me started on MJ vs Kobe.
Btw, it's reasonable to say LeBron could POSSIBLY one day have a case for greatest of all time, but at this point in time, he doesn't have a case against MJ. I will give him this though. At his age, he's more accomplished than MJ was at the same age.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OMFG, don't get me started on MJ vs Kobe.
Btw, it's reasonable to say LeBron could POSSIBLY one day have a case for greatest of all time, but at this point in time, he doesn't have a case against MJ. I will give him this though. At his age, he's more accomplished than MJ was at the same age.

if he didn't, that it only means that he was just jacking up shots.

laugh.gif
Then what is there to look at? Yeah Lebrons team went to the finals, but who did they play? Bulls, Wizards, and Pistons. If that Lebron team was in the west, I highly doubt they would have gotten by the Suns, Mavs, Spurs, etc.
don't assume. 
laugh.gif

if he didn't, that it only means that he was just jacking up shots.

laugh.gif
Then what is there to look at? Yeah Lebrons team went to the finals, but who did they play? Bulls, Wizards, and Pistons. If that Lebron team was in the west, I highly doubt they would have gotten by the Suns, Mavs, Spurs, etc.
don't assume. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

laugh.gif

didn't kobe still have lamar odom? who's better than mo williams?
not to mention phil jackson?

bring any year of kobe, i can EASILY back up with bron's 

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

laugh.gif

didn't kobe still have lamar odom? who's better than mo williams?
not to mention phil jackson?

bring any year of kobe, i can EASILY back up with bron's 

Soooo Now we doing Lebron over Kobe
let be real people, in all honesty Lebron >>>>> Kobe

Kobe had a better coach

Better supporting cast

Had the top Center in L when they won Chips

Lebron had a good good coach

pitiful team, i mean his starting 5 had boobie gibson and Varejao

not to mention he took them to the finals in his 4th season with the bum %$% Cavs

Also Lebron has better stats

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif

see stats of kobe against eastern teams back then. 

Soooo Now we doing Lebron over Kobe
let be real people, in all honesty Lebron >>>>> Kobe

Kobe had a better coach

Better supporting cast

Had the top Center in L when they won Chips

Lebron had a good good coach

pitiful team, i mean his starting 5 had boobie gibson and Varejao

not to mention he took them to the finals in his 4th season with the bum %$% Cavs

Also Lebron has better stats

Back
Top Bottom