Planning a Trip to Seattle! SUGGESTIONS?!

serious question, does the yambs come out to the clubs even if it rains? we got bottle service or table service

The best views of Seattle are from West Seattle. hop on the water taxi, get brunch at Salty's. Thank me later.

Kerry Park is only the second best view of Seattle. The overlook just off Admiral Way is the absolute best.
The best views of Seattle are from West Seattle. hop on the water taxi, get brunch at Salty's. Thank me later.

Kerry Park is only the second best view of Seattle. The overlook just off Admiral Way is the absolute best.

No those are second & 3rd best. The best view is coming from Ballard area after that bridge, Get on magnolia. There is no clearer better view even though it's a littler further from Kerry park IMO. I've only seen it once, some chick showed me dropping me off at the airport before I moved to Cali. I miss home. Cali is w/e

Well I'm gonna have car rental for the weekend with my girl so getting to places wont be a problem. Of course, the closer to the city the better but I'm realistic to what I can afford. Just looking through tripadvisor and other websites, it seems like they range from $200 up to the high $400 a night which I think is ridiculous.  Not sure what surrounding cities I should look at for good prices. I'd rather spend more of my money on sightseeing/good eats than a fancy hotel for us to sleep in.

Look into groupon & north seattle, U district, or south center would be cheaper but all 10/15 mins away from downtown.

Moe Bar fell off then. Used to be all hipsters. Unless just the downstairs is ratchet.

Are these two spots worth my time? Will be in the Pacific, NW for 6 days next month

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center
440 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109-4631

Seattle Japanese Garden
1075 Lake Washington Blvd E, Seattle, WA 98112-3755

Yea, i always look for Botanical gems when I travel

There's also Kubota Garden in the South end of Seattle too, but the one you posted may be better. If you've been to Victoria, BC there's really nothing else up here that can compare when it comes to flowers and whatnot. The weather should be great up here, so I hope you enjoy your visit DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

How is the Light Rail system?

I use Light Rail on a regular basis because I work downtown Seattle. Depending on what part of the city you’re going, I’d say it’s cheaper, faster (during rush hours), and better than grabbing an UBER/Taxi if your destination is within walking distance of the stations. There’s also a crapload of car share companies like ZipCar or Reach Now where you can drive cars by the minute.

If you’re downtown without your luggage and want to explore, LimeBikes (bike share) are great to ride and are about $1 for 30 minutes (I believe). They’re all over, some with motorized assistance, especially the waterfront.

So Foundation is the move on Fridays? What about Thursday’s?

And what should I check out during the day while I’m here?

I’ve seen the troll, space needle, and Pike Place last time I was here. Got the Museum of Pop Culture and the MCU exhibit lined up for tomorrow.

If you all are into marine life, I’d recommend driving up to Anacortes and taking a whale watching tour. Did that last year and the experience was definitely one to remember. It’s about 2 hours away from Seattle tho.

4one5 4one5 maybe hit up the waterfront in the afternoon. They have the ferris wheel on Pier 57, Wings Over Washington (Soarin Over California-like), and the Argosy Cruise, which is a short 45 minute cruise around the Puget Sound with a cash bar on the bottom level. If you have a crap load of time, you can even take the water taxi to West Seattle, check out Marination Ma Kai for food/drinks during their Happy Hour, and hit up Alki Beach.

I'm digging this one out, anyone got good food tips for Seattle? I've been a few times but wanted to try something new. Maybe a hidden gem in the ID?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom