Please consider supporting relief and recovery efforts in the Philippines in the wake of Super Typho

Just Donated. Glad you are doing this Meth. Definitely hits really close to home. The Philippines already struggles internally as a country and the people now have to deal with the disastrous typhoon. Im sure our efforts will go a long way. Praying for my people |I

every little bit helps my friends. on behalf of our country and countrymen, i personally thank you brothers for this much appreciated help for our country. god bless all of you and thank you again for sharing the love :D

Just donated... Let's reach that goal and go beyond NT! These people need our help! Every dollar counts and helps those affected by the thypoon !

Whatever we raise, I have full confidence that Mercy Corps will use it to make a lasting difference in the lives of those who've suffered as a result of this terrible tragedy.  And I promise you the contribution will not seem minuscule to those who need it most.  

i really hope so. I would really like to know how much of the money actually reaches the people over there.

Just donated.

I saw that NT raised $20k after the Japan earthquake so I know we can easily match that again.

It's amazing how NT family can come together and be so helpful. Proud of being a NTer. Thank you, Meth for allowing us to help.

I donated the little bit I can but, hopefully it'll go a long way for someone. Prayers go out to all the victims and their families. |I

Last edited:
Done. I have no issues helping my fellow Filipinos in need. RIP to those who have passed and praying for those who've lost family, friends and homes...

Is there something wrong with the mercycorp page? I clicked the link to NT donation but it links me to donating just to mercycorp.

Is there something wrong with the mercycorp page? I clicked the link to NT donation but it links me to donating just to mercycorp.
I've reached out to Mercy Corps about that and they're already aware of the issue and working on a solution.

Obviously supporting relief efforts is what's most important here, but I do want to give proper attribution to our generous contributors and I expect that everything will be back in working order again soon. 

It seems that the page has been temporarily disabled while they sort this out.   I'll be sure to update everyone as soon as I have more information.

If you made a donation in the past 18 hours, let me know and we'll make sure we give you proper attribution.  If you received a confirmation email for your donation from Mercy Corps - hang on to it.  I'll do whatever I can to work with Mercy Corps and make sure we set things right.

Just donated, dang didn't notice that the site was down, oh well

Prayers go out to those affected

Last edited:
Just donated. Very proud to be a member of a community that looks out for each other. I am from the Philippines and I know how hard it is to experience a devastating tragedy like this. Our people mostly from the Visayas Region has no electricity, food, water. Theres a lot of casualties left on the side of the streets and a missing people that is yet to be found. All help and prayers is appreciated. God bless the Philippines.

Meth, just wondering... How will this reach the Philippines? Does mercy corps have a station here? I just worry if they will deal with politicians and other government officials.

Good news: Mercy Corps fixed the problem with their website and it seems that donations made last night, after the page stopped updating, were correctly credited.

That said, there were only 8 donations today due, in part, to the outage.  

If you made a contribution while the page was down and would like credit for it, just forward the receipt email to 

and I can add the amount to our fundraising page manually and award you the appropriate badge once they've been finalized. 

Now that we've cleared this hurdle, it's time to make another push and clear our original $2,000 goal.  If you've already donated, you can still help by spreading the word.  It's going to take all of us working together to make this fundraiser a success. 

Those suffering in the aftermath of typhoon Haiyan deserve our very best. 
Meth, just wondering... How will this reach the Philippines? Does mercy corps have a station here? I just worry if they will deal with politicians and other government officials.
Mercy Corps is "deploying seasoned emergency responders to the Philippines", and "working with partners on the ground to meet immediate humanitarian needs."

For more, check out their initial response post here: https://www.mercycorps.org/articles...response-reach-survivors-super-typhoon-haiyan

Mercy Corps frequently works with other NGOs, and it sounds like that will be the case here as well.  In responding to the earthquake in Japan, for example, Mercy Corps worked closely with Peace Winds Japan, a Japanese organization that already boots on the ground.  They also administered long term recovery programs to help communities and families get back on their feet.  

You can read about their response to Japan here, as it should provide insight into their approach:  https://www.mercycorps.org/japan

They're not just handing the money over to the government.

Good to see this up. Thank you to all those who have donated or plan to donate either through here on Niketalk or another organization.

Back
Top Bottom