Please consider supporting relief and recovery efforts in the Philippines in the wake of Super Typho

My homegirl and i just donated $50 each.

I wish i could give more but job contract is ending soon, and i got my own stuff i need to pay off...but i do think every little bit helps. Glad NT is taking part in these efforts.

Allow me. As promised donated.
We did NT! I knew we could make it to $5000.

Now we can send $10,000 to the Philippines with the match bonus from NT!

THANK YOU to everyone who donated and everyone who wanted to, but funds are low right now.
BIG UP to those that donated more than once. @TypeRPinoY, @KMante,@ShoeHead117

Now we can all have a happy holiday knowing that as we buy all of this meaningless crap, that will likely be broken by next Christmas, we also helped a worthy cause and made a difference in the lives of many.

:nthat:

Last edited:
Allow me. As promised donated.
We did NT! I knew we could make it to $5000.

Now we can send $10,000 to the Philippines with the match bonus from NT!

THANK YOU to everyone who donated and everyone who wanted to, but funds are low right now.
BIG UP to those that donated more than once. @TypeRPinoY, @KMante,@ShoeHead117

Now we can all have a happy holiday knowing that as we buy all of this meaningless crap, that will likely be broken by next Christmas, we also helped a worthy cause and made a difference in the lives of many.

nthat.gif
Wow, what a great way to usher in NikeTalk's 14th year!

Thank you and congratulations to everyone who has contributed thus far!

Remember, your donations will be effectively DOUBLED if made through December 11th.  

There's still time to qualify for the match and, of course, we're going to keep the fundraiser going well beyond that to continue to support relief and rebuilding efforts in the Philippines. 

EDIT:NVM. My mind is not operating correctly right now. Its December.

Last edited:
Good news: I just sent out the check to match all donations placed prior to December 11th.  The total will be updated on our fundraising page once I have confirmation that it's been processed and received by Mercy Corps.

Until then, just know that, as a group, we'll have successfully raised over $10,000 for much needed typhoon relief efforts in the Philippines.

This was a true community effort, and I greatly appreciate your support.  You guys submitted amazing badge designs to reward our contributors, you helped us get the word out, and you generously donated over $5,000 of your own money to help those in need.  It's an honor to be associated with people like you.  

And remember - we're not done yet.  Our group fundraiser page will remain open and we'll continue to award badges for all qualifying contributions.  (And upgrade badges for those who submit multiple donations.)  Typhoon Haiyan may not longer be in the news every day, but it will take years for many affected communities to rebuild and they need all the support they can get.  

i'm a little late but just donated.  my uncle just got back from a month of water sanitation relief there helping build new water lines.  i appreciate the great cause!

Just wondering, why did mercy corps send out paper statements? They should of just sent emails to save on natural resources and money.

I'm glad we were able to reach our goal though, and I hope our contribution helps. Anyone know the status of their country currently?

Earlier today, I received this certificate of appreciation from Mercy Corps.  

As it pertains to the community's collective efforts, I wanted to make sure to share it with all of you:

Remember, it's not too late to get involved.  We're still accepting contributions to Mercy Corps via our group fundraising pages.  We'll continue to award (and upgrade) badges for all qualifying donations.  

Just send me a PM after you donate to draw my attention to the new contribution and I'll see to it that you're recognized for your generous support. 

Back
Top Bottom