PLEASE LOCK: NYY OFFSEASON THREAD NOW UP.

Where do the Yankees finish the Regular Season

• AL East Champs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Card

• Miss Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a big win since we don't know who is pitching for us tomorrow.

No idea why we gotta use DB in the 9th with a 4 run lead :smh:

Looks like the fact that we are unwilling to include Judge & Severino takes us out of the pitching market. Not mad at that. Cueto going to the Royals may be a blessing in disguise, could make him easier to get in the offseason, and we didn't need to sacrifice anybody.

But in all honesty... I think a new 2nd Baseman & an above average righty Bullpen Arm would do the trick.

Another righty bullpen arm gives us Warren, Shreve, new RHP, Betances & Miller. and throw in Justin Wilson who has been decent. Allows us to move Warren around, if god forbid a calamity happens and we need to move Warren to the Rotation. Shreve, Wilson & new RHP takes care of the 7th.

2B I'm tired of Drew. I don't care if he can still hit the ball out on occasion. He's hitting less than his weight, and he has been an average at best fielder this season. If you want to have Drew come off the bench and playing once every couple of weeks that's fine, but I'm tired of seeing him out there. Brendan Ryan can hit as well as Drew has minus the pop, and be an above average fielder.

Last edited:
Looks like the fact that we are unwilling to include Judge & Severino takes us out of the pitching market. Not mad at that. Cueto going to the Royals may be a blessing in disguise, could make him easier to get in the offseason, and we didn't need to sacrifice anybody.

But in all honesty... I think a new 2nd Baseman & an above average righty Bullpen Arm would do the trick.

Another righty bullpen arm gives us Warren, Shreve, new RHP, Betances & Miller. and throw in Justin Wilson who has been decent. Allows us to move Warren around, if god forbid a calamity happens and we need to move Warren to the Rotation. Shreve, Wilson & new RHP takes care of the 7th.

2B I'm tired of Drew. I don't care if he can still hit the ball out on occasion. He's hitting less than his weight, and he has been an average at best fielder this season. If you want to have Drew come off the bench and playing once every couple of weeks that's fine, but I'm tired of seeing him out there. Brendan Ryan can hit as well as Drew has minus the pop, and be an above average fielder.

For once I would like use to keep a few prospects.

IDC about the record, I'm not sold on this team at all doing anything in the postseason if we even get there. Call me pessimistic but that's just how I see it.

Don't move Judge, Severino, Williams...let these guys be the next crop of home grown players!

I'm with Ess'.. a 2B and another RP might suit us best going forward.

Rockies gave Tulo the boot, wonder if they would part with DJ :nerd: , probably cost too much though.

Last edited:
I'm with Ess'.. a 2B and another RP might suit us best going forward.

I was reading Kimbrel, but they may or may not have asked for Judge or Severino.. Which is a non starter for us.

Heyman said we'd need to budge on Judge or Severino if we wanted anything to happen.

Or
The real question facing the Padres at present is not whether to buy or sell, but how far to go in moving pieces, writes Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. At least one rival GM expects the club to “sell big,” and Heyman says that San Diego is “offering around” closer Craig Kimbrel and starter James Shields, both of whom are under long-term control. While the former would figure to have a wide market, potentially including the Blue Jays, Nationals, and Dodgers, another GM says that he believes the club would have to chip in cash to move Shields.

If just eating the most of any team on Shields salary could lessen the cost of Kimbrel, maybe we can do that.

Use those 2 additions to make a run this year. Then you could trade Shields, for a mid-level prospect.

Last edited:
rather not trade for a star if it means getting rid of Judge or Severino

just make a couple Martin Prado, Brandon McCarthy, Chase Headley-like moves & we'll be good..

I'm still curious though if saying we'll eat most of Shields salary (assuming SDP are making him available) would lessen the total overall price of both from Judge or Severino down to Gary Sanchez.

Last edited:
sign me up for a Shields for Sanchez trade

like you said we could always trade him for a decent prospect...

anyone but Drew :lol:

doesn't Prado have a shoulder injury tho?

Was out for a month June 17- July 17.

11-39 since coming back.

Prado would help Didi so much more than Drew. 1 because Drew is batting after Didi, so even though Didi is hot. It's in spite of Drew. You could theoretically put Prado at the 8th hole, Didi at 9th. Which Prado gets on base at a good %, around the OBP of Headley. So Didi can come up with a guy on base like he would have anyway with Headley batting in front of him, and the extra protection of Ellsbury batting after him, so he'll see more pitches.

Not to mention Prado is a better fielder than what Drew has given us this year.

Last edited:
So much for Capuano giving guys a rest as the spot starter :lol:

Him & Drew both guys who had no business being brought back this season, and we pay every time we play them.

Chris Young continues to kill left handed pitching...

the resilience of this team is insane...total 180 from the 2013 & 14 teams

Back
Top Bottom