Please lock this one up mods

I'm not really too keen in GM stuff but teams didn't want to trade anything to get him? A #3 WR like Aaron Dobson, Tim Tebow, or even a ham sandwich?

I'm not really too keen in GM stuff but teams didn't want to trade anything to get him? A #3 WR like Aaron Dobson, Tim Tebow, or even a ham sandwich?
The rumors were teams were willing to give up a 3rd round pick for him, and then once chip and desean said the rumors had no substance most assumed that they werent willing to let him go for a 3rd rounder.  Looking back now, who knows if anything was offered....

Last edited:
Just relax the offense will be okay; the defense is what must show growth and I have faith with them as they are all fairly young

I'd rather have a great defense than a great offense, to be honest.
I would rather have a great defense too. I think this past superbowl proved that defense still wins championships. But with chip kelly at the helm, you know we will get the offense.

So you got rid of desean because he might have ties to a gang in LA, but Riley cooper dropping "N-bombs" on camera was given an extension?

Actually we don't know exactly why he's been released.. We just know what the media has gotten a hold of so far, which includes team/work related stuff

And cooper played out the final year of his deal AFTER dropping "n-bombs".. Then signed a new deal this offseason

So you got rid of desean because he might have ties to a gang in LA, but Riley cooper dropping "N-bombs" on camera was given an extension?

Stop with that nonsense seriously

They didn't just release him for no reason; you think teams wouldn't give up a draft pick for him if there wasn't something up

Last edited:
Stop with that nonsense seriously

They didn't just release him for no reason; you think teams wouldn't give up a draft pick for him if there wasn't something up
Exactly. They're not gonna give their reasoning for releasing him now but we'll find out in the future. Whether its in a few weeks, months, or even years from now, someone from the team is gonna write a book or tell a sports writer what really happened behind the scenes. 

Damn near sounding like Pinkston, Mitchell and Thrash :smh:
the glory years of the eagles top notch receivers. Lol. They surrounded mcnabb with bums and we were still in the hunt. I don't think foles can do the same. But real talk we have some question marks cause maclin might not be as quick use to that acl tear. I'm not as enthused as I was before the news of letting #10 go. Chip Kelly better know what he's doing. We didn't even trade him to get any compensation.

Man y'all really are forgetting how bad things were during that time with mcnabb until we got Westbrook and the one year we had TO.. We had those guys mentioned and like chad Lewis and deuce (also buckhalter.. But Reid didn't like to run the ball sooooo)

We still have McCoy, sproles, celek, ertz, maclin and cooper.. And if we keep casey around to go 3 TEs.. Then whoever we draft

Last edited:
why did we let go of desean after he had his best season?
Due to "poor work ethic, a possible bad influence on young teammates, not getting along with the coach and finally...semi connected to that crip life." From what I've gathered from various reports.

People are overreacting.... First off I'm sure Chip and Howie have good reason for making this move.. reasons that none of us will probably ever know.  Second, this draft is loaded with WR talent so replacing a guy like Desean with a bigger type WR is possible.. Plus we got Chip.. dude is a genius, every single player on our offense last year had a career year.. I trust in Chip

Also people extremely overvalue the WR position in general... look at all the teams with elite WRs and tell me how many SBs they've won. Calvin? Dez? AJ? Julio? Marshall? Fitz? Andre Johnson? Moss? TO? Some young, some older... point being is that while a dominant WR is nice to have it certainly isn't a necessary piece in building a championship team... all you need is a few above average WRs that can make some big plays when needed and you're fine.

“@smartfootball: Marqise Lee is good call: In 2 games vs Chip Kelly, Lee had 20 rec, 344 yards, 3 TDs."

:nerd:

not a fan of the way they let go of DeSean..:smh: Off the field issues are a big concern, I get that but that does not negate the fact that he came off his best statistical season to date and he would've been a much more viable threat this year again. If the Eagles public relations team would've just stated what the issues were that THEY had with Jackson then I would probably be a bit more understanding..

Instead there's a bunch of allegations and concerns that allowed this release to happen. Kelly better have a receiver in mind in this draft that he can put in the lineup immediately that can/will match or supercede any of the numbers DJax put up these last few years otherwise this team has the potential to fall flat on its face....especially if Maclin doesn't return to form and/or Cooper under achieves.

Last edited:
We need Keenan Allen type production out the gate for whoever we draft. Otherwise its an L. idc idc

People keep bringing up that this year was DeSean's best statistical season but fail to mention that it's PROBABLY because of Chip Kelly's offense. I'm confident in Mac to have his best statistical season as well, such as Riley, LeSean, and Nick Foles did.

People keep bringing up that this year was DeSean's best statistical season but fail to mention that it's PROBABLY because of Chip Kelly's offense. I'm confident in Mac to have his best statistical season as well, such as Riley, LeSean, and Nick Foles did.
Okay so he had his best season because of chip kelly

Next season chip kelly will also be coach so by that logic he will have another great season

Back
Top Bottom