Please LOCk

I'm getting season tickets, screw you all :lol:

I just finished paying mine off like 3 weeks ago. Section 204!

You know what... I'm a lot more thankful to Charles for signing with us to finish out his career. He passed up an opportunity to go with a contender to come home. That does mean something.

Ditto

I hope he gets #24 back. I want to cop an Authentic!

Yup...Just waiting. I'll be rocking that all season lol.

Clapping the Texans, as expected. It's going to be a dogfight against the Steelers, but I think we should win out. Changing their block numbering to that terrible typeface ruined their uniforms, in my mind.

Report: Raiders would kick in $300 million for 50,000-seat stadium

Posted by Mike Wilkening on July 15, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT

Getty Images
After commissioning a study about a new stadium in Oakland, the Raiders believe a 50,000-seat stadium on the site of their current stadium would suit their needs.

However, they do not want to pay the entire bill for the project.

These were among the details disclosed at a Monday meeting regarding the Raiders’ stadium situation, the Oakland Tribune reported Monday.

According to the Tribune, David Stone, a consultant working with Alameda County and Oakland officials regarding the prospect of a new stadium, said the Raiders’ study found a 50,000-seat complex would cost about $800 million, with the club willing to contribute $300 million.

“Both sides are conducting studies to determine the demand and financial viability of the project,” Raiders director of public affairs Mike Taylor told the Tribune.

The Raiders’ lease with O.Co Coliseum, their current home, is up after the 2013 season.

While 50,000 seats seems small for an NFL stadium, that’s all that would be needed, according to the study commissioned by the team, per the Tribune. Of note: the Raiders will reportedly reduce capacity in O.Co Coliseum for the 2013 season.

Raiders current and throwback uniform are in the semi-finals of NFL's Greatest Uni's of All Time tournament. Current uni is barely ahead of Ravens (don't know what they're doing at this level) and throwback is losing to the Charger's old powder blue uniform. Let's get the vote out, guys.

I dont mind if my tax dollars go to new Raiders stadium lol doubt that will ever get approved though. Curious to see how this plays out...especially with Oakland looking at a waterfront stadium for the A's now.

And I dont see the Raiders uni gettin passed the Chargers...most over rated Jersey of all time! But we gotta get passed Baltimore lol wtf

50k is all that is needed. Just save 2 seats for me!

I hope by some miracle this comes to fruition. Already lost the Warriors and the aren't the A's trying to sue the MLB or something trying to make the move to San Jose? Or is it San Jose suing the MLB?

San Jose is suing MLB and it's 30 teams to challenge and take away their antitrust exemption, to allow for any team to move without worrying about interference from the league.

I don't see how 50K would possibly be enough. With the excitement and attendance figures a new stadium brings I just don't see how having the smallest stadium in the league for one of the league's most passionate fan bases would be enough. God forbid we ever start winning again.

I'd take it though.

I don't see how 50K would possibly be enough. With the excitement and attendance figures a new stadium brings I just don't see how having the smallest stadium in the league for one of the league's most passionate fan bases would be enough. God forbid we ever start winning again.

I'd take it though.

It isn't enough. I don't think 50K will be the final number of seats, I think it's a base number for future negotiations (at least I hope).

Whatever gets them a new stadium in Oakland is fine with me.

Forreal. I cant be mad at them either for thinking 50k seats...we probably average closer to 50k-55k right now..and thats with a bunch of promotional stuff. Granted its O.Co and they havent pushed a product to be proud of for awhile...

Anybody attending training camp this year?

Forreal. I cant be mad at them either for thinking 50k seats...we probably average closer to 50k-55k right now..and thats with a bunch of promotional stuff. Granted its O.Co and they havent pushed a product to be proud of for awhile...

Anybody attending training camp this year?

I plan on it. I am just waiting for the invites....If they come.

Any team that feels it has to put it's name on the front of the jersey will always lose to a classic, traditional nameless uniform. The current Niner uniforms would be a great uniform if the team didn't make the stupid choice of putting "49ers" on the front. Like, do you really need to announce who you are with a dinky name on the front above the numbers?

You see a Raiders jersey, you know it's a Raiders jersey, no question about it. :pimp:

Any team that feels it has to put it's name on the front of the jersey will always lose to a classic, traditional nameless uniform. The current Niner uniforms would be a great uniform if the team didn't make the stupid choice of putting "49ers" on the front. Like, do you really need to announce who you are with a dinky name on the front above the numbers?

You see a Raiders jersey, you know it's a Raiders jersey, no question about it. :pimp:

QFT. Somthing so simple says so much. Its awesome.

Back
Top Bottom