Please LOCk

Apparently Callahan is pissed off at Brown now and is threatening to sue if he doesn't rescind his statements :rofl:

I just don't get what Callahan would have to gain from a career perspective by throwing the Super Bowl. There's nothing he would've gained from it.

That team and him defenitely didn't get along though. If a recall him and Charles Woodson had their differences in 03, along with the dumbest team in America comment.

I wasn't buying the sabotage talk but now that I'm reminded of the dumbest team comment.....hmmmm.

Never liked Callahan but its a straight Joke to think he threw the Super Bowl to sabotage the raiders so his friend can win a SB. A coach that led a team to a 11-5 record, winning two more in the playoffs, just so he could lose on purpose on the biggest stage of all? Throwing away the biggest opportunity of his life because he hated the Raiders? Giving up 10's of Millions of future coaching earnings so he could let his friend win a SB? Some of yall believe anything...

And for the record, the dumbest team comment was the season after the Super Bowl. If yall were watching the way the Raiders playing and losing games that season, it wouldve been hard to disagree.

Never liked Callahan but its a straight Joke to think he threw the Super Bowl to sabotage the raiders so his friend can win a SB. A coach that led a team to a 11-5 record, winning two more in the playoffs, just so he could lose on purpose on the biggest stage of all? Throwing away the biggest opportunity of his life because he hated the Raiders? Giving up 10's of Millions of future coaching earnings so he could let his friend win a SB? Some of yall believe anything...

And for the record, the dumbest team comment was the season after the Super Bowl. If yall were watching the way the Raiders playing and losing games that season, it wouldve been hard to disagree.

Lol none of us here are adamant that what Brown said is the truth, just that changing the game plan just before the game was a bad decision (and may have been the cause for Barrett to go nuts).

And I do remember the season after and I agree that the team earned being called that, but Callahan was definitely responsible for the team's terrible play by being a poor leader.

Got my auto'd Otto pic for putting my deposit on next years season tickets

View media item 231164
Also in light of news that Pryor will have the opportunity to battle for the starting qb spot. What would people think if the Eagles inquired about Pryor. What would you want in return?

Man our team is a soap opera. We are not sports we are like WWE...sports entertainment.

P.S

When can we fire Allen...i would take the monkey in planet of the apes over Allen right now.

I guess we going all in on DMC making it thru the whole season.

Take it for what its worth. Just was looking up Sparano's resume and came upon this in wikipedia.

"Sparano was hired to the dual roles of assistant head coach and offensive line coach by the Raiders. He is expected to work closely with new offensive coordinator Greg Olson and head coach Dennis Allen to restore the angle-blocking scheme favored by star running back Darren McFadden, following the Raiders' disappointing 2012 offensive showing."

So I am assuming all the eggs are now in DMC's basket as far as offense is concerned.

Better not see any of that Wildcat stuff.

Last edited:
Sparano's specialty is O-line, decent hire. That Miami line was pretty solid when he was there. Will be nice to have somebody that's been around the league to have around Allen too. As long as Sparano ain't calling plays we should be cool :lol:

man I wish stepfan taylor was on the north squad, Raiders need to be looking at this kid.

Lol none of us here are adamant that what Brown said is the truth, just that changing the game plan just before the game was a bad decision (and may have been the cause for Barrett to go nuts).

And I do remember the season after and I agree that the team earned being called that, but Callahan was definitely responsible for the team's terrible play by being a poor leader.

i was watching highlights of that super bowl last night. i barely realized that had they completed all those 2 point conversions once they started scoring touchdowns after down 34-3, it woulda been 27-34 when the raiders got the ball back in the final minutes. no point in looking at something 10 years ago, granted the bucs got a pick 6 on the final drive but if it was 27-34 instead of 21-34, perhaps both teams approach that final drive differently.

People have to remember back then, there was only a week to prepare for the Super Bowl. And if indeed the gameplan was changed prior to Barrett cutting out, I'm positive Al Davis had a hand in it. Imagine Al Davis finally getting back to the Super Bowl, looking at his teams gameplan to Run the ball?? His #1 pass offense having a run heavy gameplan on the biggest stage? Thats a no no fer Al.

The thing Raiders fans should be pissed about Callahan for is not changing the line calls prior to the game.

People have to remember back then, there was only a week to prepare for the Super Bowl. And if indeed the gameplan was changed prior to Barrett cutting out, I'm positive Al Davis had a hand in it. Imagine Al Davis finally getting back to the Super Bowl, looking at his teams gameplan to Run the ball?? His #1 pass offense having a run heavy gameplan on the biggest stage? Thats a no no fer Al.

The thing Raiders fans should be pissed about Callahan for is not changing the line calls prior to the game.

For some reason I remember that the game was pushed back further than normal, not closer. Everything back then is blurred with sadness :smh:

And I can definitely see it being Al Davis' idea to change the game plan. It would be the best answer for what happened and I think convince the majority of people. But I would guess that if that were the case, Callahan would have said something about it by now.

I'm not saying Callahan sabotaged the game intentionally. I do think it was a terrible, terrible idea to change the game plan two days before the Super Bowl and stick to it when your audible caller on D is begging you not to. Particularly when said caller was known among the team to have "issues".

Looking back I think its safe to say that team caught the worst possible matchup. I'm pretty convinced they woulda beat Philly but going against a coach who coached them a year before had a recipe for disaster regardless of the gameplan.

Not as a big in terms of an upset but reminds me of golden state vs the mavs from 07. Don Nelson knew his former team to well and Dallas probably woulda beat anyone else in a best of 7 series that year

Sparano a good hire, dude had a decent line at Dallas and when he was coaching Miami i think he did a good job with what offense talent he had.

So I see the Jets are open to trading Revis....If the Jets asked for Pryor, would you?

Would you even think about trading for Revis?

Back
Top Bottom