Please lock.

I think it's going to be just like the first time. Sure Floyd will be more mobile. But he won't take control of the fight until Maidana's output drops in the middle rounds. Maidana's attacks are too wild and erratic for Floyd to time. The referee will not allow Maidana to get away with dirty tactics.

You literally painted a picture for me with this post.
I saw it all happen in my mind as I read your post because I see it the exact same way

Lol, only person that seemed outraged was @UncleRukus

Everyone else seemed to have watched the fight with no bias.

There is no way Lara did enough to win.
Draw, yea, but even though a Lara was my pick, I would like to see him do more to take the fight.
With Canelo being the Champ, I think the belt should have stayed with him based on what I saw.
Lara lost it in 4-8. You can't lose 5 RD's in a row, even if you won the first 3, and still win a fight, unless the rounds 9-12 that you do win, you win convincingly, and those rounds that were won or lost in 9-12 were a toss up between either fighter.
Canelo was not the champ Lara was. Lara did not lose 5 rounds in a row either.  Plenty of people are calling the fight a robbery. People do exist outside of Niketalk and the boxing media. The same boxing media had Pac winning Bradley vs Pac 1. Same boxing media had Garcia beating Herrera. According to some Lara didn't land enough leather nor bring the fight to Canelo. Well Maidana landed more leather than Mayweather and brought the fight to him yet he lost. Please explain how that is possible? Not directing this toward you specifically @a-friend. Majority of these people do not know how to properly judge a fight period blank. If Canelo beat Lara than surely Maidana beat Mayweather.

Lol, only person that seemed outraged was [@=https://niketalk.com/members/91291"href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/139814" style="display:inline-block;">@a-friend
. Majority of these people do not know how to properly judge a fight period blank. If Canelo beat Lara than surely Maidana beat Mayweather.[/S]

You're mad, the dude you hate with a passion and swore would get outboxed won a justified decision according to A LOT of people, and most importantly, the judges. You youself even said it could have been a draw so how is it a robbery? :lol:, can't take you seriously when you contridict yourself. You were wrong, get over it.

Last edited:
Whether you think Lara deserved to win or not, his performance was disappointing. He wanted this fight so bad for so long, and didn't go out on his shield knowing that if the fight is close Canelo wins by default.

Whether you think Lara deserved to win or not, his performance was disappointing. He wanted this fight so bad for so long, and didn't go out on his shield knowing that if the fight is close Canelo wins by default.
I have no idea what people were expecting. Lara pretty much fights like he fought in every fight. It's like people only watch a select few fighters or something. Floyd Mayweather routinely says he's going to knock people out and never does. It's called hyping a fight nothing more nothing less. You don't judge fights based on what some dude says before the fight on all access.  It's pretty sad that people knew Canelo would win by default if the fight was close. That's garbage and I have no idea why people are ok with **** like this happening in the sport. 
You're mad, the dude you hate with a passion and swore would get outboxed won a justified decision according to A LOT of people, and most importantly, the judges. You youself even said it could have been a draw so how is it a robbery?
laugh.gif
, can't take you seriously when you contridict yourself. You were wrong, get over it.
Didn't you say you weren't going to dialogue with me anymore bruh? Lara won the this fight and at worse it was a draw. That's exactly what I said.
That said even if Lara landed 10 more overall punches, Canelo landed the more pertinent leather.

You don't win fights by being on your bicycle. You have to land pertinent leather in the process.

But again, you cannot win fights on a bicycle. Canelo landed 36 more power shots than Lara. That's why he got his hand raised.

Canelo landing 36 more power shots is irrelevant and here is why. Canelo landed most of his body shots in rounds 5,6,7 and 8. That's only four rounds of a fight. The remainder of the fight he was not landing to the body with as much success as he did in those four rounds. You judge/score a fight round by round not based on inaccurate compubox stats. I gave rounds 6,7 and 8 to Canelo in a clean sweep. He did great body work during those 3 rounds and dominated the action. These 3 rounds are where Canelo lands majority of his body punches. The rest of the fight he was erratic with his body work. You do not win a fight based on 3 rounds of good work especially when the other guy is making you fight his fight. Lara pretty much won every round he did not have a low punch output in. His low punch output rounds were 4, 6,7,8 and 12. Every other round he peppered Canelo with jabs and combinations while making him miss. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, Lara took the L. He had all the tools to walk away with the W and decided to not pull the trigger. He can only blame himself and/or coach, not the judges. Yes, one judge had a ridiculous score, but it happens all the time in boxing. Doesn't make it right, but if you believe you are at an unfair advantage in judging and have the tools to completely shut out your opponent then don't...you really only have yourself to blame.

Don't get me wrong I'd be salty too if I knew the highest pay in my career has come and gone and nobody cares to watch me fight again.

And finally let me tell you why your opinion doesn't matter, the decision isn't being overturned.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, Lara took the L. He had all the tools to walk away with the W and decided to not pull the trigger. He can only blame himself and/or coach, not the judges. Yes, one judge had a ridiculous score, but it happens all the time in boxing. Doesn't make it right, but if you believe you are at an unfair advantage in judging and have the tools to completely shut out your opponent then don't...you really only have yourself to blame.

Don't get me wrong I'd be salty too if I knew the highest pay in my career has come and gone and nobody cares to watch me fight again.

And finally let me tell you why your opinion doesn't matter, the decision isn't being overturned.
The general census absolutely does matter regardless of what the judges decided. Case in point Lara lost to Paul Williams according to judges yet most people don't view it as a loss. Same goes for Herrera vs Garcia or Cotto vs Margacheato 1. By the way plenty of people would like to see a rematch. Try again champ.

Gotta agree. He let Canelo back in it after those first three rounds, or maybe Canelo made his way back in by slowing him down with the body work, but either way I think he could've had a better showing.

I know it isn't right, but boxers nowadays, especially the B-sides, should go into a fight knowing that they might get robbed by the judges when fighting the A-side.

I do not think Lara could have had a better showing, and I would not like to see a rematch because it would be the same fight. Lara is not going to stand there and bang with Canelo and once the body work sinks in lara is going to get on his bike. With that said I think it was a close fight that I have zero argument either way. My only problem is 117-111. That's what leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth. I think Canelo sligtly edged him but I wouldnt argue if someone said Lara won.

I know it isn't right, but boxers nowadays, especially the B-sides, should go into a fight knowing that they might get robbed by the judges when fighting the A-side.
Pretty shameful that boxing is viewed like this. 
I do not think Lara could have had a better showing, and I would not like to see a rematch because it would be the same fight. Lara is not going to stand there and bang with Canelo and once the body work sinks in lara is going to get on his bike. With that said I think it was a close fight that I have zero argument either way. My only problem is 117-111. That's what leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth. I think Canelo sligtly edged him but I wouldnt argue if someone said Lara won.
No matter who the winner was/is, this is the type of fight were there definitely should be an immediate rematch to. Lara definitely can do better in a rematch. Canelo is the one I doubt could muster a better performance. He can't change the fight that he has a foot and hand speed disadvantage while could up his volume and be more mindful of Canelo going to the body. Lara doesn't have to bang with Canelo in order to beat him.

The general census absolutely does matter regardless of what the judges decided. Case in point Lara lost to Paul Williams according to judges yet most people don't view it as a loss. Same goes for Herrera vs Garcia or Cotto vs Margacheato 1. By the way plenty of people would like to see a rematch. Try again champ.

The general consensus has been stated here already that a majority believe Canelo won a close fight. With one judge being ridiculous.

Lara/Canelo was no Herrera/Garcia, nor does it compare to a boxer using plaster to break down his opponent physically.

Lara Stans want a rematch, everybody else knows it will be the same fight for the most part. Canelo could have an even better showing having the experience of already fighting him. Even if Lara believes he was robbed, he wouldn't be more aggressive or do anything different in a rematch. Send him back to FNF for some ESPN money or tell him to exploit his gifts to their full extent.

The general consensus has been stated here already that a majority believe Canelo won a close fight. With one judge being ridiculous.

Lara/Canelo was no Herrera/Garcia, nor does it compare to a boxer using plaster to break down his opponent physically.

Lara Stans want a rematch, everybody else knows it will be the same fight for the most part. Canelo could have an even better showing having the experience of already fighting him. Even if Lara believes he was robbed, he wouldn't be more aggressive or do anything different in a rematch. Send him back to FNF for some ESPN money or tell him to exploit his gifts to their full extent.
Youtube has a huge boxing community I suggest you go there and do some research. You can also go to boxrec forums or fighthype, or badlefthook etc etc. Plenty of people want to see a rematch. Canelo and Lara fans alike. You have your opinion though bruh.

Any fight that has this big of an opinion difference deserves a rematch that much should be standard common sense. Dude just put up a chart that stated over 60% of media people polled believe the fight was either a draw or Lara won but I guess those are just Lara stans 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Pretty shameful that boxing is viewed like this.

No matter who the winner was/is, this is the type of fight were there definitely should be an immediate rematch to. Lara definitely can do better in a rematch. Canelo is the one I doubt could muster a better performance. He can't change the fight that he has a foot and hand speed disadvantage while could up his volume and be more mindful of Canelo going to the body. Lara doesn't have to bang with Canelo in order to beat him.
I can make a case for what Canelo can do better as well,but regardless I "personally" would not want pay (again)  to see it again. Sure Lara could do better but so could Canelo. Im not even accusing Lara of running or even saying that I didnt enjoy the fight. I just do not want to see this again. Im not saying Lara has to bang with him what I meant by that statement is, I do not think a rematch would look different. That is just how Lara fights. I think he did well but he has got to throw more punches and/or counters while he is "moving".

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Youtube has a huge boxing community I suggest you go there and do some research. You can also go to boxrec forums or fighthype, or badlefthook etc etc. Plenty of people want to see a rematch. Canelo and Lara fans alike. You have your opinion though bruh.

Any fight that has this big of an opinion difference deserves a rematch that much should be standard common sense. Dude just put up a chart that stated over 60% of media people polled believe the fight was either a draw or Lara won but I guess those are just Lara stans :lol:  

While i believe consulting YouTube or any of the message boards you mentioned is the equivalent of citing Wikipedia on a research paper while in college, if you just mean as far as wanting to see a rematch I could see your point. Problem is YouTube and message boards don't speak for the entire population of boxing fans. Just a small number of diehard fans.

I stand by what I said, the majority don't care for a rematch.

And if you want to throw up those numbers, Canelo also had more than 60% scoring it for him or a draw. Meaning there shouldn't be any issue with the fight going either way. And if you want to split hairs, 11% more believe he won as opposed to only 5% more having Lara as the winner.

If a rematch happens, the fans lose in addition to the network airing the fight.

I stand by what I said, the majority don't care for a rematch.

And if you want to throw up those numbers, Canelo also had more than 60% scoring it for him or a draw. Meaning there shouldn't be any issue with the fight going either way. And if you want to split hairs, 11% more believe he won as opposed to only 5% more having Lara as the winner.

If a rematch happens, the fans lose in addition to the network airing the fight.
Bruh you said majority of the people don't want to see a rematch? Where did you get your numbers? The man just gave a poll of media people where over 60% said it was a draw or Lara won. Where is the poll you're citing? You don't have to value the opinions of people in the YTBC (Youtube boxing community) if you don't want to but it is a large community. So is boxrec etc etc. Wht would you value Niketalk opinions if you don't value theirs? It's essentially the same thing. I gave you places that you can readily visit that have a sizable hardcore base for both fighters that would like to see a rematch. How would the fans lose?

Bruh you said majority of the people don't want to see a rematch? Where did you get your numbers? The man just gave a poll of media people where over 60% said it was a draw or Lara won. Where is the poll you're citing? You don't have to value the opinions of people in the YTBC (Youtube boxing community) if you don't want to but it is a large community. So is boxrec etc etc. Wht would you value Niketalk opinions if you don't value theirs? It's essentially the same thing. I gave you places that you can readily visit that have a sizable hardcore base for both fighters that would like to see a rematch. How would the fans lose?

The exact same poll you are referencing, 28% draw, 33% Lara, and 39% Canelo.

Lara: 33%+28%= 61% and 33%-28%=5%
Canelo: 39%+28%=67% and 39%-28%=11%

Citing a hard core community of Canelo or Lara Stans wanting a rematch still doesn't speak for the global boxing community or fan base. It provides the basis for die hard fans of individual fighters in a niche web community.

And I don't value the opinion of most NTers, whether it be in this thread or elsewhere if they come from a bias perspective. I hope you'd do the same.

Fans lose because the fight was boring.

Have you ever been on the losing side of a decision you thought you won? I have and I can tell you, my opinion is irrelevant because even if I believe I did "enough," I didn't stop my opponents in those situations.

What do we have to look forward to the rest of the month? GGG and Rigo?

:stoneface: @ Zou Shiming headlining the HBO2 card

Back
Top Bottom