Please lock.

Which fight was better then...

Providnikov/Algieri
GENNADY/Geale

And which of these fighters will have the better Next fight?

And then tell me "No body will say Algieri, no one"

Obviously the algeri fight was better because it was a competitive fight that went the distance that could've went either way . You can't fault GGG for dominating geale. Still that doesn't mean algeri is the more exciting fighter.

That's why I "thought" it was a good question. And why I think some will say Algieri, some GENNADY.
My opinion is mine, I was curious to the other opinions on who was the more exciting fighter going forward after they both made BIG strides in their last fights, but I guess it was a stupid question. More of a critique worthy question than an answer worthy question I guess.

Last edited:
The better fight determines who is more exciting to watch? The better fight was made the better fight because there was one guy who put a dude on his *** twice in a round, then said fighter decided to run and pop similar to Lara and credit for a decision against aggressive power punching. Algieri made that a better fight by lasting past the first round by holding and backing up constantly. Not by anything he did.

You're talking about fighter A who guy who is knocking out every challenger, fighting some real names and making them look like amateurs in exciting fashion. A guy with huge speed, huge power, very good footwork, and improving defense. Then fighter B who runs around the ring, backs up with no aggression, beat a head first fighter with no game plan and somehow fighter B and telling me he's more exciting to watch that fighter A? That's ludicrous. Your criteria for who is the more exciting fighter is flawed. Because of Provodnikov put him down and never stopped coming forward and Algieri bobbed and ran and picked his spots to pop his pillow shots made for a better fight than GGG absolutely destroying a top 5 MW within 3 rounds, that makes Algieri more exciting? Or is it because Manny will press the action against him and be aggressive therefore making for a better opponent that anyone GGG will choose to fight, make Algieri more exciting? Think about that for a second and see how much sense that makes.

P proshares I'm not saying Algieri is a more exciting draw than GENNADY.
I'm not saying GENNNADY is either though.

I asked who you guys thought was the more exciting fight.
I just wanted to talk about it more than anything because I thought it was a topic to be discussed.

I think the Algieri/PAC fight is an exciting one, and for you to say "nobody will say Algieri" should spark a discussion in and of itself

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/9971/cotto-golovkin-dont-count-on-it

Well it looks Cotto-GGG won't be happening soon (no surprise there), BUT the good news according to the article is that Cotto's next fight is NOT going to be PPV.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

It should be a nice treat for us all after the Mayweather and Pac PPVs.

Cotto declining GENNADY's invitation is no surprise though, that's boxing. And outside of Ward or Froch that he's not likely to get either, who else could make for (I won't say exciting now) good matchup with GENNADY.
Algieri, based on his last showing, and next opponent, should have more than "nobody" thinking he makes for the more exciting fight.
I'll watch both, but Algieri's got my vote for who I'd rather watch.

At this point of his career, Cotto would be crazy to turn down a Canelo pay day.

I'm thinking Mayweather's last fight will be on CBS and that will be his major surprise.

Last edited:

Saw this posted on another board, pretty good breakdown of Golovkin.  Don't mind homeboy's infomercial in the middle of the vid.

At this point of his career, Cotto would be crazy to turn down a Canelo pay day.

I'm thinking Mayweather's last fight will be on CBS and that will be his major surprise.

Unless CBS owns Showtime of vice-versa he can't because his deal is with Showtime.

Last edited:

Unless CBS owns Showtime of vice-versa he can't because his deal is with Showtime.

CBS owns showtim. He always shouts out cbs in his press conferences as well

Oh ok, didn't know who owned who.

But he makes money off of PPV sales, I doubt he would just give that up unless he still gets that money from somewhere.

I was thinking that or he'll hop up to 155 to challenge whoever has the MW belt.

I feel the same way about Cotto. Curious to see who they stick him in there with in December to preserve something for next year. I really hope Quillin mans up and they can make the GGG fight for November...but this is a dude who they haven't let fight a top 10 MW yet.

Back
Top Bottom