Please lock.

He's that accurate. I thought once the 6th round turned it and the right hand shook Porter too much in the 7th.

Damn this makes Paul Malignaggi look really bad.

Nah
Paullie old and feather fisted.

Brook snapped Porters head all fight and buzzed/ hurt him at least twice.

That was the difference

I was more referring to Paulies speech after his loss to Porter.
Malignaggi told Jim Gray after the bout, "I told him, don't make me have lost to an average fighter. Go be great, so that I can say a really great fighter beat me. I know Shawn has that potential to be great. I told him to go be great, so that if I do retire right now -- I'm not sure, I don't want to make an emotional decision -- but I don't wanna do it off of losing to an average champion. I want to do it off of losing to a great champion.

"So I told Shawn, go do what he's capable of, go do what he works hard for, go be great, so that I can say if this is my last fight, I lost to a great champion."

Props to freaky and Pro on the Kell Brook prediction. I was wrong, very wrong. Had full confidence in Porter. Knew neither fighter would stop each other. Porter and Brook don't get knocked down or KO'ed. Dirty boxing with body work and accumulation wasn't enough. Porter isn't just volume, his style is taxing on opponents. I want a rematch but can't imagine Brook's camp would endorse it.

That right uppercut, left hook combo in the 7th round (?) changed the whole fight

Porter wasn't the same after that. Even started the 8th backing up to clear his head.

Again, impressed by Brook

Yup I noticed the same thing, as did Al.

Huge three punch combo :pimp:

Brook is 28 he waited a long time to get this shot, he's going after the money fights now. I can totally see him fighting Khan next and if he gets past Khan then Mayweather, Pacquiao.

Props to freaky and Pro on the Kell Brook prediction. I was wrong, very wrong. Had full confidence in Porter. Knew neither fighter would stop each other. Porter and Brook don't get knocked down or KO'ed. Dirty boxing with body work and accumulation wasn't enough. Porter isn't just volume, his style is taxing on opponents. I want a rematch but can't imagine Brook's camp would endorse it.

Pretty much feel the same way except I really underrated Brook due to his resume. I think brook vs. khan needs to get done for the end of the yr

I'm picking Khan over Brook because of hand speed. Decision victory if the fight happens, and it should. Big money in UK.

As many rabbit punches and shoulders to the jaw he took, he should have been allowe to tackle porter with out any deductions.

That was a poor excuse for a referee

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the main event tonight.

Glad the better fighter won. I don't score rounds, but I spent the majority of the fight feeling like Brook got the better of Porter.

Too wild indeed.

TBH, how is it going to go any differently? As soon as Brook found that home for the right hand and left hook, it was over for Porter. He has no defense and is a bull straight ahead. Brook would probably just do it from round 1 on. Porter made no adjustments.

As many rabbit punches and shoulders to the jaw he took, he should have been allowe to tackle porter with any deductions.

That was a poor excuse for a referee

You're the first I've heard talk about it. Maybe because it didn't seem to phase him, everyone is just piling on Brook's holding. Porter is not some kinda clean fighter and did his dirt in there.

I wish Brook would have let his hands go more. He was very impressive. Not sure how he matches up with everyone else, but I can see him beating Khan.

Brook is now in the drivers seat. While I would like to see Brook take on Thurman, I think Brook will have his sights on big money fights. Khan would be a option in the UK and would be a huge success. If Brook were to beat Khan, fight Pacman to try unify the belts there, and then have a showdown with Floyd with all four belts on the line to make the fight for the undisputed welterweight champ in the world. Either way Brook definitely have options now.

Damn. Activity, aggression, body work count for nothing? I'm okay with 115-113 either way or 114-114 draw. But 117-111? Wide as hell. Even 116-112 either way is pushing it for me.
I agree.  I was rooting for Brook, but it just wasn't as clear as 117-111 or even 116-112.

Brook vs Khan will be a huge draw in the UK, but I rather see Brook vs Thurman though.
Even though Brook/Khan is gonna be a clinch-fest, I wouldn't mind seeing that in order to see Porter/Thurman.

If Porter leaves himself as wide open as he usually does against an aggressive, powerful and a good technical fighter like Thurman, that fight will be over quickly.

Porter tried to just overwhelm brook like he did paulie. Obviously that won't work on a bigger guy seems like porter had no plan b. I see khan beating brook on speed plus he throws more.

Last edited:
Paulie should've stuck to the gameplan, but for some reason he decided to slug it out with porter knowing damn well he doesn't have power! I think he saw porter came to overwhelm him and tried to scare or back him off and well we know what happened after

Back
Top Bottom