Please Lock.

I really don't think it was. I think GGG doesn't have a large gas tank to be honest. Most of his fights don't last long. I feel like his stock went down a bit from this fight. Monroe only had 6 KO's in his career and they knew punching power is something that he didn't really have.

I want to reiterate that Golovkin is a beat but he isn't as untouchable as some think.

No boxer is untouchable cept floyd

I respect all boxers because they have the balls to get in the ring but I really dislike when they quit
Dude what more could he have done down 2x then fight ur tail off for 3 more rounds then get dropped with a shot behind the ear.

His effort was great after getting dropped 2x.

And the ref was trying to do him a favor by giving him another half a second wjen his legs werent there. dint fault willie for losing to the top middle weight/p4p in the world. and this was his first big fight as Well applaud dude for his effort whem others didnt even look that good

Ward can beat GGG 

I believe this to be true as well. But I think he needs another fight coming backnfrom injury and lacj of activity.

that kid Gonzalez a bad man

This guy :rolleyes.

GGG is a good fighter but everybody has flaws, hope he knows what his is.
— Peter Quillin (@KIDCHOCOLATE) May 17, 2015

:smh: Dude subtweetin' like he don't know the man's @.

Famb probably took a good 5 second pause before hitting that tweet button.

"Do I really want 'em problems?"

:lol:

Last edited:
Ward can beat anyone in a clinch fest

So was this the case when he beat chad dawson?

Some people just dont get how hard it is to control range lol. They play fight night or rock em sovk em and think all punches shouldnconnect no matter what lol.

If a fighter allows his opponent to clinch that is on both sides. Its also a tactic to disrupt rhythm. Imagine every time steph went to shoot je jad to worry about getting hit on the elbow or grabbed b4 every shot it would effect his shooting percentage that game if not for free throws lol

Last edited:
This guy :rolleyes.
:smh: Dude subtweetin' like he don't know the man's @.

Famb probably took a good 5 second pause before hitting that tweet button.

"Do I really want 'em problems?"

:lol:

Funny how he drops his title and now all of a sudden has something to say lol dude is a clown

Thats all i got what else u want? Clinch fest based on what fight? The entire super six tourney was a clinch fest? Is that what ur saying?
Please give me an example, i sincerely would like one

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer Easy to say he would have gotten more credit after how he made dawson look. If the fight wouldnt have been as one sided u wudnt be saying that. And last i checked dawson was the one requesting the fight not the other way around. Also that fight had wards belts on the line lol

Thats almost like saying if marquez would have beat manny at weleter weight he woulda.got more credit going down to featherweight weight and doing it

Last edited:
Thats all i got what else u want? Clinch fest based on what fight? The entire super six tourney was a clinch fest? Is that what ur saying?
Please give me an example, i sincerely would like one

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer Easy to say he would have gotten more credit after how he made dawson look. If the fight wouldnt have been as one sided u wudnt be saying that. And last i checked dawson was the one requesting the fight not the other way around. Also that fight had wards belts on the line lol

Thats almost like saying if marquez would have beat manny at weleter weight he woulda.got more credit going down to featherweight weight and doing it

It has nothing to do with hindsight or the result. We all know Dawson was weight-drained. Ward obviously would've gotten more credit fighting Dawson at 175. Ward would've became the lineal light heavyweight champion and by doing so for beating Dawson at his optimal weight. They could've also done a catch weight for the 175 belts. Canelo was the one who called out Floyd Mayweather for their fight, they reached an agreement at a catch weight and the public still had a bone to pick over the 2 pounds. All I am saying is that the fight could've been Ward's signature win to make him a bigger name, he chose not to and shouldn't complain and wonder why he isn't a draw. There are obviously other reasons, but this fight in particular could've helped put him over. I am not even a fan of either fighters and I've been critical of both. Some of the regulars in this thread probably recall a few years back when I used to dub Dawson a "mental scrub" and get into arguments with thacapt over it. The fight happened the way it did at 168, it is what it is.

It has nothing to do with hindsight or the result. We all know Dawson was weight-drained. Ward obviously would've gotten more credit fighting Dawson at 175. Ward would've became the lineal light heavyweight champion and by doing so for beating Dawson at his optimal weight. They could've also done a catch weight for the 175 belts. Canelo was the one who called out Floyd Mayweather for their fight, they reached an agreement at a catch weight and the public still had a bone to pick over the 2 pounds. All I am saying is that the fight could've been Ward's signature win to make him a bigger name, he chose not to and shouldn't complain and wonder why he isn't a draw. There are obviously other reasons, but this fight in particular could've helped put him over. I am not even a fan of either fighters and I've been critical of both. Some of the regulars in this thread probably recall a few years back when I used to dub Dawson a "mental scrub" and get into arguments with thacapt over it. The fight happened the way it did at 168, it is what it is.

Touche sir touche

I think its more on ward not his opponents that keeps himfrom being over

Hopegully that changes with new management

No boxer is untouchable cept floyd
No one is untouchable. I only posted that comment because people talk as if GGG truly is untouchable. Not even Floyd is untouchable. Will he be beaten? Probably not but that doesn't mean it could never happen

That young kid Errol spence jr. I think he would put up a good fight and at least make it interesting. Didn't say he'd get the W.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom