Portland heads, I need your help!

Hey, my guys and I are coming down to Portland from Vancouver March 1st to check out that Miami Heat game.
Its on the thursday and we were thinking of staying friday night too. Weve never really been out there, just passed through, so we need to get schooled on the city.

Can you guys tell me whats good out there? Whats good to do during the day? Shopping spots/places to visit? Places to go to at night, some club or something?
Any sick outlets out there too? I know nike is kinda nearby.

Just anything in general. Thanks fellas

I'm not from Portland but i make trips down there for games as well... if your coming from wa I usually make a stop at the centralia outlet then once in pdx hit the outlet off of mlk which is near the rose quarter. There's also a shopping area downtown across the water that has a nike town amongst other stores. Pending how much time you have Lloyd center is a pretty good stop as well I swear that mall is huge!

If you guys are gonna do the nightlife thing there's a spot called barracuda along with another one around the corner (not dixie) that's pretty cool as well.

Hope that helps a little bit...

Big ups man that helps a lot!

We got time, those sound like some tight spots to check out.

What are those clubs like? Music, dress code, etc..?
Thanks again homie!

If you like Seafood, you gotta try Jakes downtown.

It's a MUST everytime I'm in PDX.

OT: The Heat/ Blazers Game sounds like a good idea. I'm a look at some tix myself.  
devil.gif

yea man that game is gonna be crazy! Ive seen Portland before and theyre sick, but I gotta see Miami in their prime!
pimp.gif

Good looks on the recomendation, Ill be sure to see whats up. You from Portland bro?

Originally Posted by f3DJam

yea man that game is gonna be crazy! Ive seen Portland before and theyre sick, but I gotta see Miami in their prime!
pimp.gif

Good looks on the recomendation, Ill be sure to see whats up. You from Portland bro?

No prob man.

Naw I'm living in Bellingham now.  You'll pass me by on I-5
laugh.gif

Big ups man that helps a lot!

We got time, those sound like some tight spots to check out.

What are those clubs like? Music, dress code, etc..?
Thanks again homie!
no doubt bro barracuda & the spot around the corner are both hiphop/top40 spots... enjoyed myself at both of them. Dress code is pretty lax at each as well 
pimp.gif

If you got some extra time to burn wood burn oregon is a little further down south i swear it's like the mecca of outlet malls lol 

thats whats up, sounds like my kind of spot. Good looks!
pimp.gif

Sick, if wood burn is worth the drive we'll try to make it out. Thanks Y'all! You guys will be keeping me busy lol

Anyone on here that is from Portland? I have a Portland specific question, post here or hit the pm!

1st off some of the places this people named are closed.
2nd off the drive to woodburn is not worth the drive, trust me.

Now if you wan't to go clubbing the dress code is +$$. They basically asking button ups and v-necks no hats...smh.
If your planning on staying check out YOLO lounge, SOCIETY, QUBE, DIRTY and BAR XV (15).
Every thursday DIRTY is a good place to be at for easy one night bops. hahahaha, seriously tho.

I wouldn't mind showing you guys around the area since you'll be coming on a good time.

PORTLAND has this event called "Every 1ST thursday of the month". Which it's basically art gallery, it's all ages but with alcohol served for those that are 21+.

As far as shopping goes, visit the area called HAWTHORNE, it's only 15 minutes away from down town and there is lots of stores and vintage clothing shops, such as;

-buffalo exchange
-cross road tradings
-RED LIGHT
and many more, you'll see more since they are all basically next door to each other.

But if you're staying around the downtown area only, visit;

-COMPOUND
-UPPER PLAYGROUND
-NIKE TOWN
-NIKE FACTORY

My bad I been ghost. Thanks a lot cristianm, thorough list man
pimp.gif

Ok tight good looks on the clubs lol we'll check em out.
Whats good with the 1st thursday of the month thing?

I guess we'll be downtown but we dont mind leaving if its worth a visit.

Hit me on the pm, I tried you but can't get a msg through

My bad I been ghost. Thanks a lot cristianm, thorough list man
pimp.gif

Ok tight good looks on the clubs lol we'll check em out.
Whats good with the 1st thursday of the month thing?

I guess we'll be downtown but we dont mind leaving if its worth a visit.

Hit me on the pm, I tried you but can't get a msg through

Hey bud.  Sorry on the late reply.

I guess I missed you guys.  But next time you decide to visit, let me know bud.

1st thursday; It's an art event that only happens every 1st thursday of the month.
Several places expose and introduce new artist to the public.  Put it this way, downtown becomes
an art museum at night for all ages with free beer and wine for those that are 21+.

Just bought my tickets for the 3/1 Heat/ Blazers Game. 
pimp.gif

I'll be sitting in the "Fuschia" section. The 4 hour drive from NW Washington will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom