post-corona capitalism: which companies are on our fn side?

(yes, it is super fn sad that the private sector has to carry the load here, but that´s where we are at with our society)

like no other event in recent human history, the coronavirus pandemic is exposing some of capitalism´s most fatal structural weaknesses.

some companies are rising to the occasion by filling in some of the gaps left in our world by the ongoing crisis.

...and some are just making sure the stockholders are still smiling at the end of the quarter.

THIS IS A MOMENT IN HISTORY, and I feel it is important to record which companies are worth our support once the fire is out.

I shall lead off with a few examples, using traditonal NT classification categories:

Wildin´
-Whole Foods (asked employees to trade off days like prison cigarettes during a pandemic)

-Norwegian Cruise Lines (lied to public insisting their cruises were safe because tropical beach)

-the current US Federal Government (attempted to monopolize a German vaccine company for profit)

Doin´ It
-Scholastic (free online courses for quarantined students)

-Comcast (60 days free basic Internet access)

-HornPub (free premium access coming soon to a country near you)

let´s encourage the world we want one dollar at time.

None of the really. They just know not to be obvious with.

I´m cool with people making money, I like stuff and want more of it myself...I get that.

you just don´t get to wring society out in a crisis and maintain public support.

I mean, this Bezos mf is telling employees to find their own sick days DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC so he doesn´t have to pay their off time, but hiring 100k workers for Amazon because it´s a savvy investment.

**** that dude and his future endeavours.
Naww, dead *** I was drinking Corona BECAUSE of all this..

I definitely drank a few extra Coronas down here in an effort to help balance out the stupid. :lol: :lol:

Y’all think everyone should absolutely shut down everything?

pretty much. I mean, peep...what´s the first thing you try when you want to fix something fast?

you turn it off and turn it back on. your laptop, your modem, yourself...what do you think ¨sleep on it¨ means?

should work on all of global society as well.

...yeah tho, where you at, Disney+?

Crime would go through the roof tho...

oh that´s on the schedule anyway if the suits don´t figure out how to feed the streets.

few weeks with no paychecks for an entire city/state/country and you better have a bodyguard at the ATM.

governments and corporations are well aware of this, and I have confidence anyone smart will do all they can.

[Weekly Digest 20.3.2020 ]

Wildin´:
Boston Bruins NHL franchise (will not pay stadium employees during lockdown, only NHL team not to do so)

Elon Musk (continues to propagate ¨just the flu¨ from highly visible platform because he´s so ****ing smart)

Richard Branson (¨philanthropist¨ attempting to enforce EIGHT WEEK unpaid leave for Virgin Airlines employees)

Mariott International (placing employees on ¨Zero Hour Schedules,¨ aka ¨no pay + no unemployment insurance¨)

WITH US:
-The Guardian (free, paywall free crisis coverage, no login required)

-Uber Eats (free delivery from participating local restaurants nationwide

-the City of Atlanta (providing two grab-and-go meals daily for thousands of students who would otherwise go without) SUPPORT THEM VISIT THEM when this is over.

-Disney (paying salaries of all employees at closed theme parks)

-Google (actually stepping up and creating the screening website Prez Sez lied and said they would)

never forget.

Back
Top Bottom