Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

What's everyones thoughts on uglybrosusa.com? A friend sent me this site, but hasn't purchased from them yet.
Want to see if it's worth purchasing a pair of Bikers from.

Thanks.

PO

UglyBros looks ok, I remember someone on SF buying them I never did go back to look for feedback. They are more of a real, functional bikers jeans though with kevlar protection in some areas.

Ignore the untucked shirt, it makes it look more cropped.
2n9xpjb.jpg

2zgf2f4.jpg

for anyone wanting the SLP Bikers, they've been restocked on SL site, sizes 30-34. SLP Boutiques will put out a small amount of stock beg of the new year.

Thom Browne made one that is probably another 3 inches longer as a part of his runway collection. I don't know which season, but it was recent...

Those SLP's :smh:

I just can't bring myself to spend that much on something that will only get a couple of wears.

Ann D makes long shirts and if I were to guess, that guy is wearing a Givenchy shirt.

Givenchy button-downs from yoox.com finally arrived. Free shipping to Australia and the dream box code was applied on one of them.

Then got some APC x Kanye jeans. They run a size bigger IMO as my usual size of 34 fits bigger compared to a 34 in RRL. Overall Im happy with the quality and fabric.

Givenchy is horribly overpriced for the quality. They use cheap materials and the cheapest labor they can find, kind of disapointing considering their premium prices. For an Itailian designer with a Parisan brand, they don't make anything in Italy or France.
This is coming from someone who owns the brand.

As long as you got a good deal on it and it's worth what you paid for it to you.

Givenchy really that bad? I've only handled them in-store and I just do not have a habit of checking where they are made in-store so I do not really know but they seem decent from what I could tell. Again, never owned any Givenchy item so I don't know how well they hold up but that sucks if they truly are that terrible.

Where are their clothes made from now? Portugal?

^Yup RFX the shirts were made in Portugal.

As far as the material / quality goes, its not the best I had. The fabric is comparable to Lacoste and Ralph Lauren and I would even go on and say that Burberry is a notch better (these are the only point of comparison I can make since I dont own any other shirts from other designer brands). What got me interested is the pattern and cut on these. But yeah as soon as I had the chance to get them below retail, add the further reduction and free shipping then Im good.

Givenchy is horribly overpriced for the quality. They use cheap materials and the cheapest labor they can find, kind of disapointing considering their premium prices. For an Itailian designer with a Parisan brand, they don't make anything in Italy or France.
This is coming from someone who owns the brand.

As long as you got a good deal on it and it's worth what you paid for it to you.

I just basically said the same thing about Balmain on the last page and you respond with

"In reality no designer luxury good is worth the price tag unless you feel better having the item then having the money. With people spending $1000 + on multiple pairs of shoes they rarely ever wear, there is no reason someone one can't buy a pair of $1000 jeans."

so why not a couple of $1000 Tshirts? lol

Kevin, the answer why not $1000 is listed. Balmain makes t-shirts in France for $400 Givenchy makes t-shirts in Portugal for $400-800. Their jeans, pants, shorts are made in Romania, Lithuania and Slovakia. Balmain makes detailed jeans in Japan and Italy. Labor costs in France, Italy and Japan are all much higher. While other companies produce in those countries using more luxurious materials for a cheaper cost.

I busted out in laughter when I saw his Pervert 17 shirt for sale at Barney's for $550. There is a difference (to me) paying for a designers work and materials instead of just a name.

Last edited:
It really depends on what you own from Givenchy....The mainstream stuff is nothing to rave about and its the hot sellers. Its been bastardized by streetwear so the effort will be lacking and it'll be least thought of in pushing the lines. When you own the runaway pieces and the pieces not worn by rappers you'll appreciate the craftsmanship and design of it.

If your buying that for half off, you should be fine. I am very cognizant on where goods are produced, and it might matter more to me then others. I was a fan of the brand, and still am of some items but after buying and / or feeling everything first hand in the store it really put me off. Even for a designer the cost to value ratio isn't there. I don't care how clever someone thinks they are with a pervert and the number 17 on a shirt. It looks like a $5 home made shirt and feels like it shouldn't cost over $100. The leather I felt from them was quality and for half off, its worth a shot.

SoleFX - that's the problem. He has mainstream stuff with cheap production and materials for high end fashion prices. Then he has runway items for 2-3 times the price, with quality and materials that should have been used in the mainstream collection. I purchased a pair of shorts $900 that were stiff cotton with a very poor print on them, that quality wise was on par with the custom socks people make. They had the runway version were they used silk fabric with the design on it for $1800. Another one was a sweater, regular version acrylic, runway velvet.

It's things that like that turn me away from a brand. Enough of the ranting, this is all my opinion of course.

Last edited:
If your buying that for half off, you should be fine. I am very cognizant on where goods are produced, and it might matter more to me then others. I was a fan of the brand, and still am of some items but after buying and / or feeling everything first hand in the store it really put me off. Even for a designer the cost to value ratio isn't there. I don't care how clever someone thinks they are with a pervert and the number 17 on a shirt. It looks like a $5 home made shirt and feels like it shouldn't cost over $100. The leather I felt from them was quality and for half off, its worth a shot.

SoleFX - that's the problem. He has mainstream stuff with cheap production and materials for high end fashion prices. Then he has runway items for 2-3 times the price, with quality and materials that should have been used in the mainstream collection. I purchased a pair of shorts $900 that were stiff cotton with a very poor print on them, that quality wise was on par with the custom socks people make. They had the runway version were they used silk fabric with the design on it for $1800. Another one was a sweater, regular version acrylic, runway velvet.

It's things that like that turn me away from a brand. Enough of the ranting, this is all my opinion of course.

At the end of the day though, these are still luxury items and I've said it over and over again, you simply cannot rationalize these types of purchases. It isn't the most responsible kind of spending, it is an indulgence. It is a want, not a need.

There will always be a giant ration and between quality/design versus price and tons of people can make up excuses for both sides but again a luxury purchase is just something you do because you want to and the worth of an item is simply valued by what a person is willing to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom