Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

First option is to look for the slimmer version first then maybe I'll go the tailor route if I do not find it.

I try to avoid the tailors when it comes to jeans as much as possible. I know it's not selvedge but still.

Last edited:
The one from Barneys, yeah those are bit too ripped for my liking but they had a less distressed version at the SLP store yesterday, they're current season I think.

I like these the most.

The super destoyed pair with holes in them are skinnier than the ones that are just regular. I would size up on those.
The regular destroyed pair goes by the name Crash I believe.

Same here. SLP Regular Destroyeds > Super Destroyeds IMO.

PO

Agreed. Only reason I got supers were because regulars were long gone in my size and I was thirsty to own a pair.

Last edited:
Is there no Barneys in the state you live in? That's usually how you can skip taxes.

Hey,

When you guys purchase your SLP denim do you go with the size that fits perfectly on your waist, or do you buy a size down so it's tighter around the waist and let them stretch out?

Own a pair in D01 in a size 31 the waist fit perfectly at first but now they are a bit big.

Now I'm purchasing a pair of D02, and was wondering if I should stick with a 31 or go down a size? I've tried going down a size to a 30, but buttoning up the top button takes a bit of work lol is this normal? Cause I know this was the norm for apc denim.

Can't really tell how the size differs from those pics but you have to look at the material whether the jeans will stretch or not. I am not 100% sure but I think most (if not all) 100% cotton jean won't stretch as much (if at all). The more elastane there is the more it'll stretch, SLPs range from 1% to 2%. On the raws, I believe they have polyurethane instead but those also stretches more over time but has a different fee, like more rough, probably more than elastane. I think the difference is over time, poly stretches more and retains the stretched shape until you wash them while elastane stretches more initially but doesn't really retain the stretched out shape as much as poly?

I know APC raws has poly blend while some of their washes are 100% cotton and I am not sure it'll stretch much so I'd go with a comfortable fit with it off the rack. I am not sure SLP has 100% cotton jeans though.

I'm no denim expert so take those with a grain of salt.

Can't really tell how the size differs from those pics but you have to look at the material whether the jeans will stretch or not. I am not 100% sure but I think most (if not all) 100% cotton jean won't stretch as much (if at all). The more elastane there is the more it'll stretch, SLPs range from 1% to 2%. On the raws, I believe they have polyurethane instead but those also stretches more over time but has a different fee, like more rough, probably more than elastane. I think the difference is over time, poly stretches more and retains the stretched shape until you wash them while elastane stretches more initially but doesn't really retain the stretched out shape as much as poly?

I know APC raws has poly blend while some of their washes are 100% cotton and I am not sure it'll stretch much so I'd go with a comfortable fit with it off the rack. I am not sure SLP has 100% cotton jeans though.

I'm no denim expert so take those with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the input. The pairs shown are 98% cotton, 2% elastane. The difference are probably really subtle from the waist down, however I had to struggle a bit to put button up the second pair (Size 30)I wanted to know if there was a rule you guys followed when purchasing them from SLP.

I know for Dior, people tend to size down 1-2 sizes. Since Hedi use to design for Dior, I was wondering if the same could be said about the current SLP collection.

Just for future reference can we get how the coding for SLP jeans work? Like D01 = 17.5cm, D02 = 15.5cm, etc.... ?

:lol:

In all honesty though, it's whats keeping this thread alive. I just noticed in SF that about half the post are jean sizing so I figure it's best to know at least how their coding works and what designated sizes comes with it.

LOL, if a SLP sizing thread started its going to get a lot quieter around here. It would be nice if there was a page on here that's as informative as the dior sizing thread over at SUFU

Back
Top Bottom