Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

People are mad because they paid 8x of the price last couple seasons for something that basically look the same.

You still got the quality still. Plus all of these items will be extremely limited and will hardly be seen on anyone really.

Limited, yes but I don't know if they will be hardly seen. Think about the Versace collaboration. That jacket was everywhere for a while. Kanye wore it so I know that played a part in it but still, I saw a lot of the other pieces around too. Same for the WANG pieces.

In person these pieces may not even look as spot on as they appear in the ads. It may be like the MMM sneakers- KINDA the same but SO off at the same time.

You still got the quality still. Plus all of these items will be extremely limited and will hardly be seen on anyone really.

You see the black red leather jacket HM are offering? they are almost exactly the same as the one from last season which retail for $5000+

I'm getting that jacket for sure for $350. I would be freaking mad if I bought that jacket last season. Not sure how you can't relate to that.

You see the black red leather jacket HM are offering? they are almost exactly the same as the one from last season which retail for $5000+

I'm getting that jacket for sure for $350. I would be freaking mad if I bought that jacket last season. Not sure how you can't relate to that.

Hm prob isn't leather though. That in itself is ambit difference. High end stuff is really over priced to begin with. I usually only buy pieces if the fit is on spot. Otherwise not really worth the price you pay.

Who cares? Do I get mad when I see people wearing a $50 replica of my $8,000 Rolex? No.

I think the difference there is Rolex didn't make that knockoff lookalike. While I don't really care one wear or the other since I don't own Balmain, i understand Kev's stance. Balmain is making the high end AND the lookalike. He's not knocking the person buying the lookalike, rather the brand for even creating such a possibility.

I think the fact that it is endorsed by the original designer is what irks some people.

You may not get mad when people wear fake Rolexes but if Rolex officially released the Sub with cheaper metal and eta movement for $500 and looks exactly the same as the regular, then you might be a bit pissed that you paid for the $6,500 for your Sub.

What Balmain should have done is differentiate the pieces away from the mainline. Hell these H&M versions looks better than the pieces in Balmains low-end subsidiary (though still very pricey) Pierre Balmain.

I think the difference there is Rolex didn't make that knockoff lookalike. While I don't really care one wear or the other since I don't own Balmain, i understand Kev's stance. Balmain is making the high end AND the lookalike. He's not knocking the person buying the lookalike, rather the brand for even creating such a possibility.

I definitely don't understand Kev's stance because he's saying he would be pissed if he owned the original but goes on to say he would gladly purchase the H&M model. Kinda hypocritical, no?

And I still don't see the issue. Let's use cars for an example. Mercedes makes a $250k S65 and a $100k S550. Does the S65 owner care that for less than half the cost of his car, someone is driving something nearly identical? No.

And if your counter argument is something along the lines of how if the S65 owner knew Mercedes was going to make a cheaper model in the S550, they would have just held out for that, well then this is an issue of vanity and not about a brand making a lookalike.

I think the car analogy does not work and most of the time car analogies just does not work because plenty of factors comes into play.

The S65 provides you with more power and options/features, quality is the same for the most part between the two. S65 also has small tweaks/extras that is exclusive to the AMG version (visually and technologically) that the S550 will never have. So there is a big difference between the two with the price. The S550 isn't offered at a lower price because quality is less, driving an AMG and it's cheaper alternative is night and day but there are a lot of other factors too and they do look different. You are also paying for a different experience.

And Mercedes has/is doing what you described, the AMG GT comes out later than the AMG GT S (GT has less power than GT S) and plenty are waiting for the cheaper alternative to arrive. There is also a reason why the cheaper alternative sells more and I don't really think vanity is the issue there just because it is almost a given that car brands like Mercedes, Audi, BMW will have a lower end version and a high performance version. This move by Balmain is definitely a surprise and if those Balmain buyers knew they could buy it for 1000%-3000% less later on and it is actually by the designer and not some ZARA rip-off then I assume most would have waited too.

I get it that some are out there to "stunt" but I don't buy into the fact that everyone does it be budget ballin', some (I'd say most) legitimately likes the car and how it looks and smaller engines is good enough for them. Again this is something that is much deeper in comparison to the Balmain vs. H&M Balmain being discussed.

Balmain doesn't have anything to offer other than quality to it's advantage if they offer the same jacket (jackets are visually identical). Granted quality between the two will also be night and day but fit and look and experience are going to be the same for the most part. Balmain is also one of those brands that was somewhat rare and unattainable to most and that definitely adds some appeal to the brand for it's buyers and yes you can put that as a big societal issue we have but that is on a completely different level and opening up a whole new can of worms.

Now I am not saying you are wrong at all though, I am just trying to provide a different point of view where you might be able to make some sense on why others might feel bummed about the situation.

Last edited:
Who cares? Do I get mad when I see people wearing a $50 replica of my $8,000 Rolex? No.

You dont because you didnt buy the mainline stuff and thats ok but fact is there are people care, not sure you why you keep argue about a fact?? We get it that you don't, jeez

I definitely don't understand Kev's stance because he's saying he would be pissed if he owned the original but goes on to say he would gladly purchase the H&M model. Kinda hypocritical, no?

And I still don't see the issue. Let's use cars for an example. Mercedes makes a $250k S65 and a $100k S550. Does the S65 owner care that for less than half the cost of his car, someone is driving something nearly identical? No.

And if your counter argument is something along the lines of how if the S65 owner knew Mercedes was going to make a cheaper model in the S550, they would have just held out for that, well then this is an issue of vanity and not about a brand making a lookalike.

if you read what I wrote, I said I would be pissed if I bought that leather jacket last season for $5000 and they are listed for $350 at HM look exactly the same, I was so close of buying that jacket but glad I didnt. Also, I would be happy to settle with the $350 HM one which again look exactly the same maybe with cheaper leather. Hope I make this clear for you or easy enough for you to understand. But I wont be surprised if you still won't relate if you never bought any mainline Balmain stuff to care.

Last edited:
Isn't this the jacket the H&M version is based off or am I wrong?

Last edited:
Yes Al, thats the multi color leather biker, but not only just this jacket, most of the stuff they offer at HM are 90% similar to the mainline stuff within the last couple season, the long coat, the big patched blazer etc.

Last edited:
Yea, Im following everything youre saying.

The deeper red with just black, actually looks better to me also. I could see how somone would be pissed. I imagine the H&M is real leather at least maybe not the best grade but real.

I also get this vibe from jacket....is it just me?

lol wear the jumpsuit under and youre good to go

or even a K Pop vibe with the collab

Last edited:
Such a gradual processs, just keeping spirits high is the best thing for me. Thanks

Nice fits Kev

Upped on some basics
ypPKXER.png

Another bottle of Aventus and bought awesome embossed leather wrapped atomizer to go along with it for travelling.
hSGmGL0.png

HPERDwj.png

Last edited:
kevineg6 kevineg6 whew, that first is perfect! Even the new destroyeds look great there. I remember you posting two different sizes, which size did you keep? That pair looks like the size in the middle of the two you posted, so I'm guessing you kept the smaller pair and let the m stretch a bit? Either way, great look!

kevineg6 kevineg6 whew, that first is perfect! Even the new destroyeds look great there. I remember you posting two different sizes, which size did you keep? That pair looks like the size in the middle of the two you posted, so I'm guessing you kept the smaller pair and let the m stretch a bit? Either way, great look!
23soles, I didn't size down and got my normal sz30 for the destroyed jeans. Its just a little too tight if I go for the smaller size pair.

Back
Top Bottom