Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause the fw13 in ocher are the holy grails not sure if ocher came in any other season

Also I can't drive in harness wyatts I end up driving in socks
Anything 2013 is considered SLP "holy grails". It's interesting to get the perspectives of others throughout this forum and other online forums with regard to Hedi's work. Most have made comments regarding stockpiling items because they feel that eventually, everything will be dropped/changed that had Hedi's fingerprints on them (which would suck royally if true). I have sneakers and clothing from different seasons under Hedi but my only pair of SLP boots are the Hedi 30 that are on the way. The cigar tan Hedi 30 is still on my hit list, along with black leather jodhpurs and possibly those ocher wyatt harnesses. If mass discontinuation is in the works, I better get cracking on picking up a few pairs...

Last edited:
From my understanding they are the same shade. But some boutiques list it differently.

The suede between seasons can differ not just in color but also in the nap. Would suggest getting pics of the exact boot you are ordering before you place.
The shaft looks slightly slimmer with the ocher as well.
that's dependent on season. not necessarily color.

edit: oh yeah ocher might just be from 2013 like what pums said which in fact was a slimmer shaft.

Last edited:
Anything 2013 is considered SLP "holy grails". It's interesting to get the perspectives of others throughout this forum and other online forums with regard to Hedi's work. Most have made comments regarding stockpiling items because they feel that eventually, everything will be dropped/changed that had Hedi's fingerprints on them (which would suck royally if true). I have sneakers and clothing from different seasons under Hedi but my only pair of SLP boots are the Hedi 30 that are on the way. The cigar tan Hedi 30 is still on my hit list, along with black leather jodhpurs and possibly those ocher wyatt harnesses. If mass discontinuation is in the works, I better get cracking on picking up a few pairs...

Well the harness and cowboy wyatts in particular are extra coveted cause of the extra slim shaft and the Zipper being protruded out that is only available in that season I saw on the fb group some people were actually cutting of the suede covering the zippers I personally don't eem need to super slim shaft my jeans aren't that skinny anyway

Ochre has a slightly brighter/more orange hue than Nut.

The exposed zipper looks good because it's chunky and angled. Exposing the zippers on newer seasons won't look as good as this:

The upper portion is also one piece, whereas the new ones have the seem on the outside.

The harness placement of later seasons makes more sense, and they are actually blake welted (FW13 was cemented), so there are good things going for them.

@BlackChiney08  black suede is underrated. You'll enjoy them.

Last edited:

The exposed zipper looks good because it's chunky and angled. Exposing the zippers on newer seasons won't look as good as this:

The upper portion is also one piece, whereas the new ones have the seem on the outside.

The harness placement of later seasons makes more sense, and they are actually blake welted (FW13 was cemented), so there are good things going for them.

@BlackChiney08  black suede is underrated. You'll enjoy them.
Thanks @echau. Repped for those grail boots up there and I'm positive I will. Funny enough, I actually stumbled upon one of your older posts on SF in the SLP thread with you wearing the black suede Hedi 30s. It put me at ease seeing a good picture of them in real life and not just stock photos. The nap on them look amazing and the shade is pretty much universally versatile. My legit only slight concern was that I've heard others complain about the wear and tear on the black suede vs. the cigaro ocher suede. Some have claimed that the cigaro suede actually "looks better with age" and the distinct shade develops a really dope patina when they get dirty and worn and I can totally understand that. I also don't think black suede ages horribly either although black may show more signs of wear/ brown dirt easier...

Last edited:
all truths from everyone. 

each season something changes slightly from color to nap to shaft size etc

this current season there seems to be a lot more colors though... they have added a fox brown, light sigaro, and a dark brown suede to more models. 

they also have a waxed black suede in the harness boots that im interested in but haven't seen them in person

the tobacco/sigaro seems to be the most distributed and most popular.

imo the nut suede is just as good just a longer nap but you can't go wrong with either choice. 

i have jodhpurs and harnesses both in sigaro and the color of my jodhpurs is slightly different from my harnesses.

you'll just have to find a season that suits you.

i have boots from every season almost and in the end they are all pretty much the same to me. 

Last edited:

all truths from everyone. 

each season something changes slightly from color to nap to shaft size etc

this current season there seems to be a lot more colors though... they have added a fox brown, light sigaro, and a dark brown suede to more models. 

they also have a waxed black suede in the harness boots that im interested in but haven't seen them in person

the tobacco/sigaro seems to be the most distributed and most popular.

imo the nut suede is just as good just a longer nap but you can't go wrong with either choice. 

i have jodhpurs and harnesses both in sigaro and the color of my jodhpurs is slightly different from my harnesses.

you'll just have to find a season that suits you.

i have boots from every season almost and in the end they are all pretty much the same to me. 
You have anything in black suede from them @japejapejape ?

@BlackChiney08
 black suede is underrated. You'll enjoy them.
I'm looking for that orange hue. I see a pair of ochres that I'm gunning for right now.

You have anything in black suede from them @japejapejape ?
i have the black suede chelseas in the 30 inch heel from the f/w 16 season. got them at a discount like you but not as low.

you'll like them alot.  i have worn them over 15 times and they still look great. im not particularly careful with my boots and this pair is the only pair of suede boots that i didn't pre-treat with a suede protector.

i didn't treat them because honestly want them to look well worn in and beat up but im finding that they are def taking some time to look worn because the suede is a deep dark black and little imperfections don't really show up like the sigaro colors.

i saw a picture online of some beatup black suede harness boots and they looked great. probably take me forever to achieve that look though

Last edited:

i have the black suede chelseas in the 30 inch heel from the f/w 16 season. got them at a discount like you but not as low.

you'll like them alot.  i have worn them over 15 times and they still look great. im not particularly careful with my boots and this pair is the only pair of suede boots that i didn't pre-treat with a suede protector.

i didn't treat them because honestly want them to look well worn in and beat up but im finding that they are def taking some time to look worn because the suede is a deep dark black and little imperfections don't really show up like the sigaro colors.

i saw a picture online of some beatup black suede harness boots and they looked great. probably take me forever to achieve that look though
Thanks for the input bro! The black suede harness boots are definitely super intriguing. If I can't end up getting a pair of the ocher harnesses for a decent price, I'll be looking for the black suede as well.

What's going on NT! Anyone have any info on where I can find these in a US 11? Giuseppe site, barneys, neiman, etc are all sold out of that size. Any help would be appreciated!

I think he posted it in the clothing thread a few days back

Not sure why the picture didn't post. Anyway, here it is

Guys.. anywhere to find more Y3s on discount? seems like they go on sale rather frequently.. the Y3 sale section has been taken down from their site ATM 
ohwell.gif

thanks! 

Guys.. anywhere to find more Y3s on discount? seems like they go on sale rather frequently.. the Y3 sale section has been taken down from their site ATM :\

thanks! 

I'd like to know as well
Same for Margielas, Gusieppes and Balenciagas
I'm broke but summer around the corner so I gotta get right for the daylight

So to add some fuel to the fire. I have been speaking to Neiman Marcus' customer support and was attempting to see if by some miracle, I could find a returned pair of the Hedi boots or some random stock would pop up.

Just was going to report that I was told by a couple CSRs that this item is now "discontinued" and will not be coming back into stock at all. There are scattered sizes of them left on the YSL website and other websites without that much stock (Barneys, Mr. Porter etc) but who really knows what will happen after this. I feel there's still enough pairs of various Hedi collection shoes/boots in circulation to not make it impossible to get a pair of the classic designs but it was interesting that I was told that they won't have the Hedi 30 chelsea boot going forward.

So maybe it's true that every Hedi dominated design will start to be phased out starting this year.

Last edited:
Man I'm so happy today
happy.gif
. My SLP Hedi 30s came in today and they are indeed black suede! The pair was completely pristine except if I was going to nit pick over anything, it's just that they look to be a store tried on pair. On the sole there was scratching and possibly pebble indentations/tiny speckle chips that makes it clear someone tried them on. This isn't an issue though and I'm not stating it to complain about it because first of all, it's the SOLE of the shoe and the first time you wear them, the whole sole will be scraped up and second, I plan to topy them anyway. I'm kind of OCD about getting my items pristine when I just buy them but it's literally stupid as hell to be bothered about markings on the sole when I paid $320 for a 900$ pair of boots.

Here are some pics,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom