Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adidas coming thru with the MM GAT ripoffs. Although the GATS were influenced a bit by sambas, but still :smh:

I would still get the MM over adidas, I really love the paint splatter ones 

Am I crazy to thing about doing paint splatter to a pair I have already? I have gotten all greys with gum bottoms no suede

I really love the paint splatter concepts on em

Am I crazy to thing about doing paint splatter to a pair I have already? I have gotten all greys with gum bottoms no suede

I've had the same idea, actually, the adidas might be perfect for doing that lol

How can it be a ripoff when the original bundeswehr GATs were produced by adidas for the german military?

Who's more notable the last 5-7 years for this style of sneaker down to material/colorways? I'll wait...

I stated adidas influenced the MM GAT, but bringing it back without any "boost" or whatever seems like they are trying to take advantage of MM's sucess. It waters down our the MM GAT imo. E.g. Michael Kors and everything he does. :lol:

Who's more notable the last 5-7 years for this style of sneaker down to material/colorways? I'll wait...

I stated adidas influenced the MM GAT, but bringing it back without any "boost" or whatever seems like they are trying to take advantage of MM's sucess. It waters down our the MM GAT imo. E.g. Michael Kors and everything he does.
laugh.gif
You said they were influenced by sambas, but in reality the sneaker was initially designed and produced by adidas.  The MMs are called "replica" for a reason.  I think it's a poor choice of words to call the adidas GATs "rip-offs".  I agree that adidas is attempting to capitalize on the success of MM, much in the same way MM capitalized on the demand for the design which, from my understanding, was already popular with vintage/thrift store shoppers.

repped. 

both of these jawns getting copped no question though. 

these just prolonged the life of my margielas. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:

I just copped the grey splatters ...ill post pictures when they come in

Love my paint splatters

They don't make it the same no more the red blue yellow paint scheme has been replaced every season with different. I wished I copped those red [emoji]128563[/emoji]. And the paint splatters went from big drops to small close drops

Last edited:
You said they were influenced by sambas, but in reality the sneaker was initially designed and produced by adidas.  The MMs are called "replica" for a reason.  I think it's a poor choice of words to call the adidas GATs "rip-offs".  I agree that adidas is attempting to capitalize on the success of MM, much in the same way MM capitalized on the demand for the design which, from my understanding, was already popular with vintage/thrift store shoppers.

Sambas been around since 50s which influenced the GAT military sneaker that came out in 70s. Either way they all derived by Adidas as the originator, but I just don't like the idea of reintroducing something that to Adidas was dead for the past 15 years while on the other hand has been a staple product for MM. More can be found on this: http://www.gq.com/story/adidas-sneakers-army-trainers-rip-off-is-back

Sidenote: Ssense raised the price on the replicas I bought last week. So much for that price adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom