Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for these to drop but the SAs @ LV don't know #@#$ here. I know a high version of these is coming also but i need to know when theydrop, anyone?

wvsl5d.jpg

^^^ Those lows has been out and isn't selling too well.
Your store should be able to order them for from another store, even ship it to your house for free.
Not sure about the high top version though.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

houstonsnk when did those Acups come out? I need a pair for the summer.
Im guessing this year. I got the on sale a saks. They are the womens version tho. I got the last biggest they had.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Your store should be able to order them for from another store, even ship it to your house for free.

Thanks, good to know they're out but if the toronto store doesn't have it i doubt any other LV in Canada would. Hopefully they're late and willeventually release here.

Also Gucci is marking down prices again today (friday), store might be worth hitting up and those D&G are nice but i would never wear the brand because oftheir advertisements
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SDS45

Thanks, good to know they're out but if the toronto store doesn't have it i doubt any other LV in Canada would. Hopefully they're late and will eventually release here.

Also Gucci is marking down prices again today (friday), store might be worth hitting up and those D&G are nice but i would never wear the brand because of their advertisements
sick.gif
What the "gang rape" advertisement?

^ more like the men in a locker room, guys looking at naked guy on the floor and the two guys version of that banned puma bj one. Seams like the brand is moregeared towards a certain "lifestyle". I'm not saying thats wrong, just not my thing.....

Originally Posted by KrisC

I love Pradas.
Yeah people can say what they want about them being somewhat played out but definitely one of the most comfortable casual sneakers made by anyhigh end brand.

^^you are right. They are just as comfortable as my Ferragamo sneakers. I love them. Will deff not be my only pair.
And Guccis stuff is already marked down online. Nothing really there tho.

^ more like the men in a locker room, guys looking at naked guy on the floor and the two guys version of that banned puma bj one. Seams like the brand is more geared towards a certain "lifestyle". I'm not saying thats wrong, just not my thing.....

Honestly all this high end fashion is geared towards rich housewives and gay men. Just look at how the majority of the men's clothes fit, and the men whomodel them. The other thing is 90% of the male designers are gay, D&G is just one company who incorporates that into their ads trying to be edgy andprovocative. I thought you were saying you don't wear it because the ads are offensive to you morally like that gang rape ad, but if your reason for notwearing it is because the ads are sometimes gay themed, you might as well not wear any of the high-end male designed brands because in essence, they all are.

Originally Posted by icebergslm

^ more like the men in a locker room, guys looking at naked guy on the floor and the two guys version of that banned puma bj one. Seams like the brand is more geared towards a certain "lifestyle". I'm not saying thats wrong, just not my thing.....

Honestly all this high end fashion is geared towards rich housewives and gay men. Just look at how the majority of the men's clothes fit, and the men who model them. The other thing is 90% of the male designers are gay, D&G is just one company who incorporates that into their ads trying to be edgy and provocative. I thought you were saying you don't wear it because the ads are offensive to you morally like that gang rape ad, but if your reason for not wearing it is because the ads are sometimes gay themed, you might as well not wear any of the high-end male designed brands because in essence, they all are.

Some of those concepts are reaching. Do you think only gay people wear fitting clothes? The runway models aren't even as bad as some skinny pants outthere. And just because the models are skinny doesn't make them or the clothes for gay people. The logic of designers being gay and how the clothes fit andthe model that wears them makes them suited or made for gay people is ridiculous.

I agree that the advertisement should not affect how you like the clothes/shoes but I can understand how people could feel about it and if they decide to stayaway from that brand, then not a problem at all.

Honestly all this high end fashion is geared towards rich housewives and gay men. Just look at how the majority of the men's clothes fit, and the men who model them. The other thing is 90% of the male designers are gay, D&G is just one company who incorporates that into their ads trying to be edgy and provocative. I thought you were saying you don't wear it because the ads are offensive to you morally like that gang rape ad, but if your reason for not wearing it is because the ads are sometimes gay themed, you might as well not wear any of the high-end male designed brands because in essence, they all are.

Some of those concepts are reaching. Do you think only gay people wear fitting clothes? The runway models aren't even as bad as some skinny pants out there. And just because the models are skinny doesn't make them or the clothes for gay people. The logic of designers being gay and how the clothes fit and the model that wears them makes them suited or made for gay people is ridiculous.

I agree that the advertisement should not affect how you like the clothes/shoes but I can understand how people could feel about it and if they decide to stay away from that brand, then not a problem at all.

I think you're totally missing my point. I never said that only gay people wear fitting clothes, nor did I say all male models are gay. I would never makea generalization like that. Fitting clothes in our community came about very recently and that's because they are now popular in hip hop. If Kanye neverput on a pair of skinny jeans then you wouldn't see the little dude down the street from you with a pair on, because most people are sheep. 10 years agowhen I was in high school, people with skinny jeans got laughed at. I was on Gucci's website the other day and saw an outfit for men that consisted of acut off v-neck baby tee, some daisy duke shorts and flip flops. Do you think straight men are clamoring to scoop that up on sale? It's common sense lookwho's designing the clothing, and who they're designing it for and be honest with yourself. But again, that wasn't even my point, my point was metrying to explain that just because D&G seems to favor gay people heavily in their ad campaigns, doesn't mean only gay people wear it. In a way youand I are making the same point.

^^^ I think we did agree with your point but you did somewhat generalize by simply saying; "Honestly all this high end fashion is geared towards richhousewives and gay men. Just look at how the majority of the men's clothes fit, and the men who model them. The other thing is 90% of the male designersare gay..."

You emphasize that and boldly said their clothes are for gay men.

As for the clothes you described, you need to get out of NT because there are plenty of people clamoring for short shorts and skin tight v neck sweaters. VisitStyle Forum at times, those looks are considered as a good and daring and confident.

There is no common sense, you don't need to wear clothes designed by straight men. Hell that would limit our fashion horizon to Ecko, Sean John, LRG,etc... even some designers from those brands are probably gay too, they just have a different style. I don't think designers designs their clothes and say,"this is perfect for this dude I want to date."

icebergslm wrote:
It's common sense look who's designing the clothing, and who they're designing it for and be honest with yourself.

Again, generalizing who the clothes are made for just because it is made by a certain group.
Common sense has nothing to do with it, you can't judge how these clothes look in the runway and who designed them.
Runway models has always looked that way for decades now and I don't see it going away.
Honestly, Gucci and LV has been designing clothes for the supposedly Urban Scene for a while now and they have boldly advertised it too.
(I'm not sure why the texts are bold after the qoute)

^^^ I think we did agree with your point but you did somewhat generalize by simply saying; "Honestly all this high end fashion is geared towards rich housewives and gay men. Just look at how the majority of the men's clothes fit, and the men who model them. The other thing is 90% of the male designers are gay..."

As for the clothes you described, you need to get out of NT because there are plenty of people clamoring for short shorts and skin tight v neck sweaters. Visit Style Forum at times, those looks are considered as a good and daring and confident.

There is no common sense, you don't need to wear clothes designed by straight men. Hell that would limit our fashion horizon to Ecko, Sean John, LRG, etc... even some designers from those brands are probably gay too, they just have a different style. I don't think designers designs their clothes and say, "this is perfect for this dude I want to date."

icebergslm wrote:
It's common sense look who's designing the clothing, and who they're designing it for and be honest with yourself.

Again, generalizing who the clothes are made for just because it is made by a certain group.
Common sense has nothing to do with it, you can't judge how these clothes look in the runway and who designed them.
Runway models has always looked that way for decades now and I don't see it going away.
Honestly, Gucci and LV has been designing clothes for the supposedly Urban Scene for a while now and they have boldly advertised it too.
If you think that my point is that we need to wear clothes designed by straight men, then you really are missing my point. And no that was not ageneralization. I said that 90% of high end male fashion designers are gay which is exaggerated, but true. I said that these designer design clothes gearedmostly towards rich housewives and gay men which is also true. When I say geared towards, I mean that they are the "target audience", which is trueas well. Obviously debatable, but true nonetheless. Think about it if you had to answer 1.) who are golf club commercials targeting? 2.) Who are minivancommercials targeting? If you answered honestly you would answer: white men to the first and white women to the second. By no means does that mean only whitemen play golf, and only white women drive mini vans, it just means that that's who they make the majority of their money from, so that's their"target audience". That's all that i'm trying to explain. And also, i'm sorry what does I need to get out of NT mean? I didn'tfollow that.

^^^ I think we did agree with your point but you did somewhat generalize by simply saying; "Honestly all this high end fashion is geared towards rich housewives and gay men. Just look at how the majority of the men's clothes fit, and the men who model them. The other thing is 90% of the male designers are gay..."

As for the clothes you described, you need to get out of NT because there are plenty of people clamoring for short shorts and skin tight v neck sweaters. Visit Style Forum at times, those looks are considered as a good and daring and confident.

There is no common sense, you don't need to wear clothes designed by straight men. Hell that would limit our fashion horizon to Ecko, Sean John, LRG, etc... even some designers from those brands are probably gay too, they just have a different style. I don't think designers designs their clothes and say, "this is perfect for this dude I want to date."

icebergslm wrote:

I'm sorry NT (nike talk) duh, my fault. Actually champ I just joined Nike Talk the other day, I ran into this exact thread browsing about newshoes on google, but the funny part is, I don't even wear Nikes unless i'm running. Actually it was a v neck baby tee not a sweater and the shortswere short enough to expose yourself with the wrong move. Of course i've been on style forum before, and that's the sheep mentality i'm talkingabout, just because a couple guys on style forum said that to do that is "good and daring" to wear booty shorts, a baby tee, and flip flops makes itso? If they said it was bold or daring to put a dildo on a chain around your neck, would you agree with that? Of course you wouldn't, so why does styleforum saying that this look is daring make it bold and daring in your eyes?

icebergslm wrote:

If you think that my point is that we need to wear clothes designed by straight men, then you really are missing my point. And no that was not a generalization. I said that 90% of high end male fashion designers are gay which is exaggerated, but true. I said that these designer design clothes geared mostly towards rich housewives and gay men which is also true. When I say geared towards, I mean that they are the "target audience", which is true as well. Obviously debatable, but true nonetheless. Think about it if you had to answer 1.) who are golf club commercials targeting? 2.) Who are minivan commercials targeting? If you answered honestly you would answer: white men to the first and white women to the second. By no means does that mean only white men play golf, and only white women drive mini vans, it just means that that's who they make the majority of their money from, so that's their "target audience". That's all that i'm trying to explain. And also, i'm sorry what does I need to get out of NT mean? I didn't follow that.

laugh.gif
you're crazy if you think their target is gay men when majority of their sales goes to straight men.
I want to see the fact that these clothes are designed or targeted for gay men.
These brands are capitalizing with celebrities and hip-hop artists right now.
I'm not saying they are sponsoring them, except in Kanye's situation, but they do design their clothes to appeal to them.
I really do not see or can even imagine seeing gay men sport monogrammed clothes much.
The most people I see wearing monogrammed clothes are mostly rappers now-a-days.

What I meant by get out of NT more is broaden your horizon. You said straight men aren't clamoring for short shorts and tight tops, that is only true onNT.
A lot of other people and boards for that matter, love those stuff.
I just think that is the NT influence where wearing shorts above their knees with flip flops and a small shirt is considered inappropriate when there is awhole another world out there that accepts it.
That is really all I meant by that.

icebergslm wrote:

If you think that my point is that we need to wear clothes designed by straight men, then you really are missing my point. And no that was not a generalization. I said that 90% of high end male fashion designers are gay which is exaggerated, but true. I said that these designer design clothes geared mostly towards rich housewives and gay men which is also true. When I say geared towards, I mean that they are the "target audience", which is true as well. Obviously debatable, but true nonetheless. Think about it if you had to answer 1.) who are golf club commercials targeting? 2.) Who are minivan commercials targeting? If you answered honestly you would answer: white men to the first and white women to the second. By no means does that mean only white men play golf, and only white women drive mini vans, it just means that that's who they make the majority of their money from, so that's their "target audience". That's all that i'm trying to explain. And also, i'm sorry what does I need to get out of NT mean? I didn't follow that.

laugh.gif
you're crazy if you think their target is gay men when majority of their sales goes to straight men.
I want to see the fact that these clothes are designed or targeted for gay men.
These brands are capitalizing with celebrities and hip-hop artists right now.
I'm not saying they are sponsoring them, except in Kanye's situation, but they do design their clothes to appeal to them.
I really do not see or can even imagine seeing gay men sport monogrammed clothes much.
The most people I see wearing monogrammed clothes are mostly rappers now-a-days.

What I meant by get out of NT more is broaden your horizon. You said straight men aren't clamoring for short shorts and tight tops, that is only true on NT.
A lot of other people and boards for that matter, love those stuff.
I just think that is the NT influence where wearing shorts above their knees with flip flops and a small shirt is considered inappropriate when there is a whole another world out there that accepts it.
That is really all I meant by that.

I know what you meant by it, I didn't take any offense to it but like I said I just joined NT a couple days ago and I only look at this post. I'll be28 next week and my horizons are very broad. I'm probably not the dude you think I am, trust me lol. I agree with your last point and I think I made thatpoint earlier as well. Just recently have these high-end brands started to recognize the "urban" market and that's because of hip hop. Theyknow that these young guys will spend their whole pay check to wear a shirt or jacket they saw jay-z in, so of course now they're capitalizing on that andthey are going to bring some new designs that are more catered to the urban market. Look at Dolce and Gabbana starting the D&G line. But just 10 yearsago you may have walked in the Gucci store as a young black man and not even have been waited on, trust me I know. I'm not sure how old you are but, butthis whole Gucci and Louis aiming it's sights at our market is definitely a new thing.

^^
Yeah, and I don't really see anything wrong with it either.
I think it's smart for designers to do so and quite honestly, some of their stuff does look good and the best way to see how it looks is to see it onsomeone other than models.
Like the LV clothes, some looks iffy on the pics but once I see some other person who isn't overly skinny wearing it, then I see that it does look good andI get tempted to buy.
Same with Gucci, there is a part of me that would love to hate these monogrammed items but for some reason, I just can't.
And then the Damier Graphite came out and I just wanted to get everything they released.
laugh.gif

^^I agree with you. There isn't anything wrong with it, and it's very smart for designers to tap into that market because the hip hop market it solarge now it can't be ignored. I was just saying that to say that them looking at us as major consumers is a new idea. So when I said that their targetaudience is rich housewives and gay men, I meant historically, not what they have been doing in the last couple years. I see a lot of Gucci items I likeoutside of shoes. I'm not in the baggy jeans and big white tee crowd, I haven't been for quite a long time and I also don't subscribe to any of thetrends such as fitting clothes or skinny jeans. I wear fitting clothes because i'm a little older now, and it's more appropriate for the situations Ifind myself in. I wear what I like regardless of who it's made for, or who is wearing what brand right now. But that doesn't change the fact thatthere's a target audience for every product. I enjoyed the debate lol..I'm not gonna clog up the forum anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom