Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at two Louboutin boutiques last week and they didn't have that combo.  As a matter of fact I have never seen that combo on sneakers either.  Sounds over the top!  They are definitely serious about security at the boutiques.  

i was trying to find a pic to show u but couldnt. This was the mens only boutique around 14th st. Maybe they had some exclusive products for this store idk. Also, i saw some of the items u posted over there such as the white rollerboats.

i was trying to find a pic to show u but couldnt. This was the mens only boutique around 14th st. Maybe they had some exclusive products for this store idk. Also, i saw some of the items u posted over there such as the white rollerboats.
You are talking about the one in the Meatpacking district in NYC right?  If so, I would assume that it is something exclusive because it is the only Men's Louboutin boutique to my knowledge.  Yeah, typically CL releases the shoes in their boutiques prior to other stores.  The same goes for the major designer brands, which makes it nice because it doesn't flood the market all at once.  it's more of a trickle down affect.  How did the white rollerboats look in person?

yeah thats the one i went to. Also, the white rollerboats r nice, but not that impressive in person. I thought it was a little too white. The black ones they had were better. Overall its a nice store but meatpacking district is kind of ****** imo. Sure there are nice resteraunts and everything but just feels too old fashioned to me to have so many high end stores.

The LV Zip-Up that has the KW x LV padded back, just not a huge.

Also the LV Surfside.

Last edited:
^its not really a waiting list per say, you just give them your number and contact info and they call you when they get their stuff in
so are these arena restocked often? i'm still hoping to get the black and red pairs in 39.

Nicholas-i like those LVs...what's retail?

Last edited:
I'm not Nicolas
ohwell.gif
but the LV in my post cost: Zip Ups are $615 and the Surfsides are $675.
lol...i know who you are. your post ended up being right above mine, but i was refering to the multicolor wingtip style that nicholas posted. never been a huge fan of LV or gucci sneakers...

so are these arena restocked often? i'm still hoping to get the black and red pairs in 39.

Nicholas-i like those LVs...what's retail?
im not expert but its once every few months, just go into a high end store and ask them about them, theyll usually take down ur info and contact u once they get them in.
and to rfx, i was gonna try and take pics in the lv store but had two employees right next to me, those sneakers look okay but theres just something about the surfside i dont like. Also the pallidium lvs were funny :lol:

but those are louboutins, and you asked about LVs?
in anycase the golfito are listed on the site at $675

Very nice, two of the most classic sneakers you can buy.
Still need to get a pair of the OG white w/ suede colorway.

Very nice, two of the most classic sneakers you can buy.
Still need to get a pair of the OG white w/ suede colorway.

Yeah moving further away from Gucci and Prada for the more subtle looks of MMM. Not sold on Balenciagas just yet. Want to see a pair up close. Kind of sucks that the come unlaced

Last edited:
i like mmm's myself, but just cant wear em cuz they say replica on the inside. :smh: . y dothese high end brands do this? i tryed a pair of rick owens on and noticed that it said replica on the box :smh: . It really dissapoints me when they do this

i like mmm's myself, but just cant wear em cuz they say replica on the inside. :smh: . y dothese high end brands do this? i tryed a pair of rick owens on and noticed that it said replica on the box :smh: . It really dissapoints me when they do this

MMM has "replica" on it because it is a replica or inspired by the original German Army Trainers aka GATs. That is just how MMM labels their shoes/clothes, it has nothing to do with being bootleg or fake. MMM has been doing it for years, at least they admit it's an inspiration from something. I particularly like it and in some way, it educates you on the origin of the item.

I don't know which Rick Owens has the word replica in them (I don't recall seeing it at all) but for the most part most of Rick Owens are original work. Even the original Rick Owens "Dunks" can be easily discerned from the real Nike Dunks.

I am not sure why it would worry anyone since the word "replica" on the MMMs aren't visible and as long as they are real items and you like the style, you should just wear it and enjoy them. Unless of course there are any other reason why you would hate that word to have enough of a strong feeling about it, I just can't think of any at this time.

Last edited:
:smh:

for the rick owens its on the box, not the sneaker itself. I personally think its stupid, they could say inspired by or something. Imagine if a pair of nikes had the word replica on it. Someone would definately lose their job over it lol. Also, not all mmm's have that replica insole, ive seen a few that dont have that on the inside. I just dont like the connotation of the word replica, feel free to do you, its just my opinion. The funny thing is i probably will end up buying margielas with that insole at some point :lol:

Yah, no replica sole on non-replica, original designed shoes. But it goes with Margielas clothes too like hats, bags and jackets, etc... it's like a signature for them just like the numbers that is specifically picked for the type of item.

It is just like Pradas red strip or Guccis/LVs monogram. The Replica tag means something. To be honest, I don't see the big deal because the shoes is still very well made (though it cost a lot more) than the originals and has a better shape, sole and padding.

I own a pair of Rick Owens and it doesn't say replica anywhere on the box.

And obviously Nike can't have the word replica because they aren't copying other designs, their shoes are original. Replica doesn't have a negative connotation to Margiela as it does with Nike/Jordans fo people on NT because of ebay fakes, it is simply a distinction that their item is inspired. They likely chose the word replica because it is different while the words "inspired by" is somewhat overused.

It really has nothing against you, I am just trying to understand where you are coming from and why it is a bigger deal to you? It's like people complaining about something written on the sole of the shoe, if you wear it no one sees it so it isn't a big deal. No offense intended at all in the discussion/reply.

Last edited:
no offense taken just dont like the word thats all. Lke i said one day ill might own a pair of margielas that say replica on them, its just my opinion. I understand where you are coming from but still theres something about it I dont like. For example, if lv released a pair of sneakers that were similar to another brands design(they have maaaaaaaany times) they wouldnt write replica on the inside. Their brand reputation would be tarnished. Even when they ripped off new balance they did not write replica on the sneaker. and to argue your other point that it is similar to the prada red strip, i dont really see a correlation. Alot of brands do have their own unique "branding", such as the red strip or lv damier, but writing replica doesnt seem to be unique to mmm. Like I said, i do agree with you on certain points such as them writing the origin of the shoe(thats cool), but I dont agree with paying $400+ for a replica item. Dont like replica items at all.

I don't really want to drag the discussion further but Margiela was/is copying designs from it's origins, where it came from whether it is from the army or something like that, it isn't a rip off from another brand. It even states it in their tag. It describes what it is, where it is from and around what time/era it was made.

It's not like they are copying Nikes signature AF1 or Air Jordans IV and then bragging that it is a replica. It is more like they are copying a 50's doubles breasted blazer or a 20's aviator leather jacket, a specific general style/design from a time period than a specific style from a specific brand. And that is specifically why LV got sued, they didn't even have to write replica. No one owns the GAT design like Nike owns the AF1 or Dunks, just like no one owns the bomber jacket design, track jacket, etc...

Writing "replica" is unique to Margiela that they used it for their items, again you can see it as being inspired by because that is what it is, they just choose to call it that. No one else gets away with writing replica on their clothing/tags. If Gucci starts using "replica" then they would be accused of copying Margiela.

Last edited:

I can't believe I just found this thread! Here is my newest addition I got at the end of July. Gucci Hi Tops smooth leather / patent leather / snakeskin for those interested, plenty more pictures. The socks are Paul Smith, also made in Italy, you don rock these with tube socks playa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom