Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was SAKs Houston today and I saw these...

224612_CBBS0_2158_001_full.jpg

in black leather...$480
3850465826_1899ee0158.jpg

And red ones like the brown ones...$460
3849833173_4f644cfb91.jpg

Red suede is interesting.
I like the all black but I really do not need any more black sneakers.
Very tempting though. I wish it came in smooth brown leather.

Oh, and Gucci reinterpreting a signature shoe from a relatively small Japanese brand is cool I guess.

High fashion brands are looking at streetwear for inspiration people.

well, i got a pair of pink sole jaspers locked down if i want them (from a louis store)...

$1070 + tax and $15 shipping...

should i do it?

if i don't like them or something later down the road (past the return date), will they retain their value or go up?

sorry, but i've never spent that much on a single pair of shoes, so i'm kinda shook, haha...

thanx guys!

I honestly do not see them going up in price.
It being very expensive to begin with and it now barely selling a little over retail isn't a good sign.
Sure in 10-15 years, it might cost a lot but in the short run, I could see this sitting in the shelves if LV keeps producing them.
I still say if you buy them, wear them.
It'll only be difficult wearing it the first time because you have a $1k shoe on your feet but after you get through that, it'll be easy.
You might end up wearing it everyday once the first dirt settles in or once someone steps on them the very first time, you'll stop caring eventually.

well, a LV rep told me they're limited, and not making anymore... "a one shot deal" he called it...

Originally Posted by jphonix

well, a LV rep told me they're limited, and not making anymore... "a one shot deal" he called it...
Its called pressuring a buyer. Don't believe the hype from an SA unless you know them. If you're thinking about the value of these downthe road then I would suggest you don't buy them. Thats not a good way too make a purchase like this.

I don't know, they did say there was only going to be one shipment and some of them seem to be re-stocking next month or so.
Even if it is limited, I still don't see you making a huge profit on it.
Even Jordans only sell well the first few months of release when everyone wants them, but once the hype subsides, the price goes down.
So my prediction and it is just my prediction is that in a year or so, these will be going for retail or very close to retail on ebay.

Dons were a "one shot deal" too.

They'll be back in October or November, all colours.

well the sales rep who told me that was from my local store where they don't sell shoes, and since they don't, he couldn't even get themtransferred to his store, so he had no reason to tell me that...

i'm not lookin' to turn a profit, it'd just be nice to know i could make my money back if i needed to...

Originally Posted by jphonix

well the sales rep who told me that was from my local store where they don't sell shoes, and since they don't, he couldn't even get them transferred to his store, so he had no reason to tell me that...

i'm not lookin' to turn a profit, it'd just be nice to know i could make my money back if i needed to...

basically, you're looking at this like a jordan/nike release.. and that's not the case. not trying to come off as an !+%, but if you've got tothink THAT MUCH about these shoes, just pass man. this isn't a "sneakerhead" shoe by any means. it's a "luxury trainer" or whateveryou want to call it, and it's not going to be one of those things that in 2 years, you can sling for $1700-2000 and make a little dough. Matter of fact,you probably would have to go down to like $600-700 and sell them as "VNDS" just to get one of these young kids to bite. A grown man isn't goingto buy your used $1200 kicks for $1000 used, because like I said, this isn't a "sneakerhead" sneaker.

Now... maybe in 25 years, because it is a luxury brand, you can sell them because it's the first sneaker ever done in collaboration with an entertainer,and some Louis Vuitton collector might buy them, but chances are, anyone that hardcore would probably already have them.

In the end, up to you... but I think if you're buying these with anything else but "I can part with this $1100 and not even re-think it"... likeI said, I'd pass. That's just me, though.

Oh, and BTW, I do own them, worn them like twice, and I'm fine with it. And while people look at them, make a comment every now and then... I get tenremarks when I wear my Yeezys for every one I get for the Jaspers... just to put things in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom