Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

I have a Norelco one that is like 10 years old. It works fine but the foil has cracks in it and as a result cuts me when I shave. I wonder if I ask them for a replacement foil they would send it to me

If it's 10 years old it might be discontinued or something.

Did you check online to see if it's still sold I know the one I bought from Braun you can replace the shaving head foil (recommended every 18 months).

I'm not sure Norelco would just send a new foil head to you for free.

Hold up DC so when is the last time you replaced it cause if that **** lasted you ten years then let me know which model and I'm coping tomorrow.

I got the Master and T-Outliner combo. Been thinking about getting a Wahl 5 Star Senior and Hero (or Peanut) combo.

I highly recommend the Masters also.
Up until 2 years ago the Andis Outliners were my favorite trimmer by far.
Then I bought the Wahl Hero with the Double Wide T Blade and I haven't touched the Andis since.
The Hero cuts very sharp precise lines where I never have to retouch any at all.
Wahl really came back swinging hard with that Hero trimmer, I'm very impressed at thier performance.
Here's my collection I've been aquiring since Barber School in 2000 yes that Andis Master and Oster 76 are both over 15 years old of use, they really do last forever when well taken care of.
The Oster just needs a new carbon brush every couple years or so after heavy use.
View media item 1521165
The wahl hero has a little t blade. Where can I purchase the wider blade ?

This is one of the best shavers to buy if you get razor bumps from regular shaving. It gets closer than your clippers/trimmers would and causes less irritation for me. I've been cutting hair (no license) for over 6 years and it leaves the face/neck smooth.

Been cutting my own hair since May with the Andis jawns from Target for like $30. I can't get my taper or shape up the way I want it. About to just take the L and start going back to the barbershop.

This is one of the best shavers to buy if you get razor bumps from regular shaving. It gets closer than your clippers/trimmers would and causes less irritation for me. I've been cutting hair (no license) for over 6 years and it leaves the face/neck smooth.
I got to get one of these

Andis masters and T-outliner are my go to, but I do have some whals that I got from my school.

Glad this thread popped up.
Time to get some real clippers.
Heard Andis masters were the real deal, and I see some in the thread share the same opinion.
My 11 and 7 year old sons want to grow their hair out.
Gotta step my fade and blend game up.

Glad this thread popped up.
Time to get some real clippers.
Heard Andis masters were the real deal, and I see some in the thread share the same opinion.
My 11 and 7 year old sons want to grow their hair out.
Gotta step my fade and blend game up.

Yep save you some cash also you can get the andis clippers at good price on Amazon and the t- outliners

So I have 5 star detailers but they rust quickly. I also have Styliner II and love how the blade feels but I hate the hump on it makes it difficult for me to get to hair line good. I've seen the self modification but I'm skeptical about that. 

I am looking to get the  T-Edjers by Andis.

Anyone had any experience with the T-Edjers I like the overall design and it seems like it would have good ergonomics, looks like it can get very close as well. Any opinions?

So I have 5 star detailers but they rust quickly. I also have Styliner II and love how the blade feels but I hate the hump on it makes it difficult for me to get to hair line good. I've seen the self modification but I'm skeptical about that. 

I am looking to get the  T-Edjers by Andis.

Anyone had any experience with the T-Edjers I like the overall design and it seems like it would have good ergonomics, looks like it can get very close as well. Any opinions?

T-edgers are good for close shaves there smaller so you can grip them better than the t - outliner 2 and styliner same sharpness

What I usually do when I get a new trimmer I get them sharpen before using them
That's what's up. I'll do that.

Like I said the Styliners II are perfect but that damn hump keeps me from being about to get the line as good as I'd like.

The Outliner II seem to have a slight hump but the blade seems to be a lil farther out from it, the Edjers seem to be better with getting lines good without worrying about the body of the trimmer. 

Back
Top Bottom