Post Your Beard. Vol: #Beardgang

Once I got to the 5 month mark mine stopped growing.
I was told trim it and it helps, I've trimmed it once every two weeks for the last 4 months and nah, still month 5 length at best.

Forever stalled

Terminal length is definitely a thing. It varies from person to person though.

Yours might be 5 months. Luck of the draw man.

zapatohead408 zapatohead408 I need some JBCO in my medicine cabinet then.

What is it though?

Edit: Never mind I googled it, it was pictured a few posts back too right?

Man, after reading the article on it, I want some. Where'd you grab it from? In store or online?

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/jamaican-black-castor-oil-for-hair-growth/

:lol: truthfully only my first night using it, just being very hopeful about it.

Yea, it was posted back in the first 10 pages and throughout this thread.

I went to Sally Beauty Supply but they wanted $20 for an 8 oz bottle and it wasn't Sunny Aisle brand. I copped the one @Brolic Scholar used and recommended.

Just search up "Sunny Aisle Jamaican Black Castor Oil" on Amazon

I've been growing mine since may of this year and I definitely think I've hit a wall as far as growth is concerned. Which sucks because I'm only about an inch out from where we I'd ideally like to be

Last edited:
For dudes with fuller beards with length what do you do with your neckline? I keep mine shaved above my Adam's apple and comb/brush it forward towards my chin. I don't know why but it's been bugging me lately, it feels like something is off about it, looks wise.  

For dudes with fuller beards with length what do you do with your neckline? I keep mine shaved above my Adam's apple and comb/brush it forward towards my chin. I don't know why but it's been bugging me lately, it feels like something is off about it, looks wise.  
?

?

I normally shave just above the AdamApple as well. I think I'm going to forgo shaving under there at all though with winter coming up and because of the length of my beard now. I haven't shavedy neck in about a week. And I brush my beard down, with the grain not up towards my chin

Last edited:
I keep everything natural except my cheeks 
wink.gif

My fellow facial follicle aficionados, I come to you seeking advice. :lol:
This year was the first time I've actively let my facial hair grow out past 2 weeks (Started on January 1st as my new years resolution :lol:). Comin up on 10 months now and so far so good (Except for the occasional off color remark from family on how I look like I might be related to a now deceased former leader of a well known terrorist organization :lol:). However, about 2 weeks ago, I started getting what I could only describe as "beard dandruff". has anyone had this problem before? I've been using regular dandruff shampoo on it with varying degrees success. Anyone have any recommendations on how to treat it?

My fellow facial follicle aficionados, I come to you seeking advice. :lol:
This year was the first time I've actively let my facial hair grow out past 2 weeks (Started on January 1st as my new years resolution :lol:). Comin up on 10 months now and so far so good (Except for the occasional off color remark from family on how I look like I might be related to a now deceased former leader of a well known terrorist organization :lol:). However, about 2 weeks ago, I started getting what I could only describe as "beard dandruff". has anyone had this problem before? I've been using regular dandruff shampoo on it with varying degrees success. Anyone have any recommendations on how to treat it?
You need to really try to scrub at the root of the hair, almost scratching. That usually works for me

Get a comb to get the dandruff out. Then use that Jamaican castor oil daily. Make sure you rub it in all the way.

It's close to impossible to get rid of beard dandruff 100% (depending on beard length).

But exfoliating in the shower and using a good lotion should control it.

(I personally dont mess with the 'JBCO' everyone is on these days. I use tea tree oil when I grow my beard long in the winter, but I'm not really concerned with stimulating growth or filling in patches)

yeah, but im still nowhere near where id like to be. got to lose a lot more (slowed down a bit
mean.gif
)
My man, congrats its not easy doing it. I just want to loose 5-10 but laziness, food and beer bro.

You not down with the full beard life alp?
You already got the pony, connect that beard and add 9 bunnies to the black book instantly. :smile:

My man, congrats its not easy doing it. I just want to loose 5-10 but laziness, food and beer bro.
yeah the food gets to me a lot, only reason im not under 200 at this point :smh:

You not down with the full beard life alp?
You already got the pony, connect that beard and add 9 bunnies to the black book instantly. :smile:
nah cant, my beard does not grow fully unfortunately. hair is not as dark in some areas as it is in others.

I think I'm going to completely shave it off oct 31 just to see how much it'll really grow all of November and maybe December or just not trim it now till the rest of the year

Back
Top Bottom