\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My cousin is planning on getting the new wrx. He might even consider the sti even. What are the major differences? Worth the $$? Try and convince him
laugh.gif
Tell him to get the new Focus 
nerd.gif

22B or Rs clone?... Either way, yes I would in a second...
No, the WRX has a smaller engine now... It's a 2.0,basically a turbo version if the BRZ engine... The STi still has the 2.5, but I expect that to go away in a couple years...

Ooops, yeah. Engine is different. STI is what, $8k more? For more hp, better brakes, suspension, wheels, seats? Usually is a value isn't it? Ha.

Last edited:
My cousin is planning on getting the new wrx. He might even consider the sti even. What are the major differences? Worth the $$? Try and convince him :lol:
My brother just ordered a new WRX, he's waiting for it to arrive. I tried to talk him into the STI, but he doesn't know how to drive stick that well, and didn't want to pay more for the STI version either. Couldn't blame him after looking at the specs for both, and the prices. Although I still personally would've went with the STI :lol:

Wait... He got a WRX with a god damn CVT?...

tumblr_ljce6jem0A1qgne6io1_500.gif

Just got some upgrades on the 5.0 ('13 GT/CS)

Mod List:

- Staggered 20 x 8.5 " / 20 x 10 TSW Nurburing Matte Gunmetal wheels
- NITTO INVO Tires (255-35-20 F / 285-30-20 R)
- Full suspension (Koni yellows adjustable shocks/struts, Hotcki lowering springs (1.25" front, 1.6" rear), Freedom Racing PHB)
- Pypes O/R X
- Steeda CAI
- Custom Tune
- Roush A/B's
- Matte Black Roof

I'm hoping to get another DD soon, so I can really start putting work into this car. Since its an auto, I plan to upgrade the gear ratio from 3.15 to 3.73's. I'll probably stay away from the longtubes and go with a Roush supercharger and upgrade the brakes.

more pics:

This is real nice :pimp:
even better with a supercharger :evil:

I'll be his friend. I don't discriminate b

We just can't take a cup noodle pic.
I'll let him know :lol:

cvt :x

tell him to join nt so he can get banned

Wait... He got a WRX with a god damn CVT?...
:lol:

Sorry y'all, I tried to tell him! And CVT too :lol:.

Ooops, yeah. Engine is different. STI is what, $8k more? For more hp, better brakes, suspension, wheels, seats? Usually is a value isn't it? Ha.
Yea, it's only like 40hp more though. It's 7 grand here to go from base wrx to base sti. I mean yea, add up the upgrades and you're right. Not a big power increase though at all.

Story isn't 100% credible though. For one, that's not even his brz (not a 2015), he has much more mods than what was stated, dude just bashed on him, and the writer didn't even ask him if he could post/talk about his car lol. Here's what his car really looks likes. And like what a handful of people said here, it's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it.

wing is :pimp:

tails :x

A few questions

1)When buying European, what's a good year range to get a used car? (2 years old? 3 years? Etc)

2) Any NTers drive an A6, what's the cabin space like compared to an 2010 Altima?

A few questions

1)When buying European, what's a good year range to get a used car? (2 years old? 3 years? Etc)

2) Any NTers drive an A6, what's the cabin space like compared to an 2010 Altima?

I sat in one of the new A6's at an autoshow.

tons of room from what I remember. i'm not really that tall tho

parents had an a6 from '01 and it was spacious as well.

Last edited:
maybe hes talking about halogen headlights?

HID >>>>>

if you're talking about the angel eyes on a BMW its just for looks them dam lights do nothing for me :lol: "daytime running lights"

Last edited:
let the guy cook. his money, his car.

it's funny how people always try and tell me what to buy or what to do with my whips when they pushing 98 manual tercel and stay at home with moms.

smh.

but anyways we all got different taste!

It's called having an opinion. It's a public forum. You guys better get used to it in life

finance advice please:

I still owe 17k on my car 06 g35 with extended warranty that i paid 3k for smh.

anyways I kinda want to get in the subie game, 05-06 sti preferably. how does the trade in work? maybe i can get 10k for my car.

finance advice please:

anyways I kinda want to get in the subie game, 05-06 sti preferably. how does the trade in work? maybe i can get 10k for my car.

Im pretty sure they would take the 7k you owe and slap it on your new loan.

SO you will be even more underwater because your 05 sti that lets say you get for 15k (idk what they cost ) you will owe 22k on it and it will be worth 13-14k after a year if you putting miles on it.

Last edited:
finance advice please:

SO you will be even more underwater because your 05 sti that lets say you get for 10k (idk what they cost ) you will owe 17k on it and it will be worth 8-9k after a year if you putting miles on it.

lets say i do get 10k for the trade in. i can use that towards the new loan? so wont it be almost the same. if the sti is 19.

19 - 10 for the trade in + the 7

so the new loan would be around the same no? i dont think im understanding it correctly lol

Stoppp. Ur not gettin 10k unless u sell privately. I traded an 08 g35x with 98k for 9300. Fwiw it did have a ding. A banged up skid plate and racing springs tho.

But other than that ur right... New note will be price of new car less trase plus fees. Not complicated

Last edited:
Stoppp. Ur not gettin 10k unless u sell privately. I traded an 08 g35x with 98k for 9300. Fwiw it did have a ding. A banged up skid plate and racing springs tho.

But other than that ur right... New note will be price of new car less trase plus fees. Not complicated

wishful thinking :frown:

haven't even driven my car in 3 weeks cause of the snow and street parking is still atrocious

finance advice please:

SO you will be even more underwater because your 05 sti that lets say you get for 10k (idk what they cost ) you will owe 17k on it and it will be worth 8-9k after a year if you putting miles on it.

lets say i do get 10k for the trade in. i can use that towards the new loan? so wont it be almost the same. if the sti is 19.

19 - 10 for the trade in + the 7

so the new loan would be around the same no? i dont think im understanding it correctly lol

No the 10 would go towards the old loan. You have to pay off that

G35

Owe 17
Car is worth 10

You now owe someone 7

STI
The 7 you owe
car cost 19

Now you owe 26 for the STI

Once again im just assuming this is how it works but whoever you got the loan from wants their money and they will get it

Back
Top Bottom