\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

That wide body is straight fire, besides the color.  A million times better than any of those ugly Liberty Walk cars. 
Yea it's a clean kit. I still prefer the looks of that mustang without it though. Although it is for functional purposes. it lets them do 13" wide wheels in the back and 10" in the front, which is whats on the back of their normal Mustangs.

there was actually a non widebody the same color that was a Shelby 1000 (1200hp, 1000 to the wheels 
sick.gif
) but i didn't get a picture of it because it was in the middle of a bunch of cars and didn't have good lighting on it.  Nasty though!

if ur worried about 5x7s...why not just get a 5x7?

http://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-C2-570x-2-way-Speakers/dp/B002HZ3HCE
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018SMVCS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002HZ3HCE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YEZ3YN9RPW187JDNQCN

jl audio and infinity are both GREAT audio brands. alpine is a top of the line brand and even they have a 5x7. (http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/sps-517)  im not saying this is the cheapest i found em for but.. at least u have an idea.

Yeah I was definitely thinking about getting those alpines bestbuy has them for $100 again I can't thank you and @250caddy enough

That I'm not too sure about. I'm sure they have the plastic brackets that can be used to switch speaker sizes, since older vehicles commonly have weird speaker sizes. Whether or not you can just use a plastic bracket and bolt in 6.5's or if it needs some trimming will depend on what it looks like behind the door panel.

It sounds like you don't want to spend a boatload of money on it, which is understandable. I know you'd be able to put 5.25's in place of the 5x7's, they'll fit for sure. The general rule with speakers is the bigger the size, the better midbass they can provide. So, it'd be nice to run the bigger 6.5's, but 5.25's will sound just fine as well.

I think I'm going to just get the 5x7 just to keep things simple and eliminate some room for error for whoever puts my speakers in, the cabin of my car is kinda small (with my 6'4 self in there it's basically a 2 seater unless I have children or petite broads in the back) so I don't wanna over do the bass. Worst comes to worst I'll just put an amp an sub in there in a month or 2 once I'm able to re-stabilize the finances.

Again you and @TEKtheMAESTRO are the real MVPs so here's some booty meat (if it needs to be deleted just @me)

Yeah I was definitely thinking about getting those alpines bestbuy has them for $100 again I can't thank you and @250caddy enough
I think I'm going to just get the 5x7 just to keep things simple and eliminate some room for error for whoever puts my speakers in, the cabin of my car is kinda small (with my 6'4 self in there it's basically a 2 seater unless I have children or petite broads in the back) so I don't wanna over do the bass. Worst comes to worst I'll just put an amp an sub in there in a month or 2 once I'm able to re-stabilize the finances.

Again you and @TEKtheMAESTRO are the real MVPs so here's some booty meat (if it needs to be deleted just @me)
sweet lord Jesus. I need all 3 of those @ names. All. Three. And its not prob man we all here to help.

Pretty sure i used to follow girl #3 on snapchat until her account got banned. She's a stripper in the UK

i ain't into the giant booty thing is why i passed on the first 2. I think it's gross tbh.  like Kim K's *** is disgusting to me

Google DestinyEastWest if you wanna see NSFW pics of that chick with the tats under her buttcheeks tho

Last edited:

if ur worried about 5x7s...why not just get a 5x7?

http://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-C2-570x-2-way-Speakers/dp/B002HZ3HCE
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018SMVCS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002HZ3HCE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YEZ3YN9RPW187JDNQCN

jl audio and infinity are both GREAT audio brands. alpine is a top of the line brand and even they have a 5x7. (http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/sps-517)  im not saying this is the cheapest i found em for but.. at least u have an idea.
That I'm not too sure about. I'm sure they have the plastic brackets that can be used to switch speaker sizes, since older vehicles commonly have weird speaker sizes. Whether or not you can just use a plastic bracket and bolt in 6.5's or if it needs some trimming will depend on what it looks like behind the door panel.

It sounds like you don't want to spend a boatload of money on it, which is understandable. I know you'd be able to put 5.25's in place of the 5x7's, they'll fit for sure. The general rule with speakers is the bigger the size, the better midbass they can provide. So, it'd be nice to run the bigger 6.5's, but 5.25's will sound just fine as well.

Also look at ads for your local stereo shops. A lot of independent shops usually have a pretty decent package including the install for not too much. Sometimes in the $300 to $500 installed. That usually includes head unit, speakers, amp and possibly sub. But you're definitely on the right track.

1st time posting in the thread, but I've always kept up with it. My daily driver is a 2002 Toyota Solara. Got this in December with some help from pops. Got rid of the old faded out headlight lens recently.
Before and after pics (crappy cell phone pics)

:smokin

10/10

Turbo Buicks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> da ///M

i ain't into the giant booty thing is why i passed on the first 2. I think it's gross tbh.  like Kim K's *** is disgusting to me

Google DestinyEastWest if you wanna see NSFW pics of that chick with the tats under her buttcheeks tho
Disgusting though? I'm a *** guy, so I guess I just can't fathom this :lol:. To each their own :smokin

http://niketalk.com/g/a/706583/tay-2014/

Not supermodels, but they also aren't my GF or wife. Meh
From what I can make out, you're doing OK.

Also look at ads for your local stereo shops. A lot of independent shops usually have a pretty decent package including the install for not too much. Sometimes in the $300 to $500 installed. That usually includes head unit, speakers, amp and possibly sub. But you're definitely on the right track.

This.

I got a 12inch Kicker sub, 2 amps and the install for around $450. Didnt need new speakers as mine were decent at the time, and they havent blown out yet either. My friend who ran a similar setup from a different shop replaced his speakers with upgraded ones and mine still sounded better for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom