\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I feel like certain car brand owners all show love to each other no matter what year they own. For example, somebody like wcis isn't gonna bash someone for buying a 08 sti. It's the badge flossers that bash the older models

Yep and he drove a sedan cop car
laugh.gif

We (NT in general) are just from different areas and different social classes which is really what makes our opinions different. In the caucasian upper middle to upper class, your cars and coffee guys or the tuner/enthusiast/gear head class, ANY M from any generation is loved and respected, just like countless other makes and models.

This whole badge flossing concept is from the hood from what I've gathered.
+1

ive had girls in my car , not give a crap about exhaust note or highway pulls , then notice a mercedes CLA and an infiniti q50 and point them out "look i like that car"

i live in the hood by the way , and if youre REALLY in the hood like me ( no tough guy , tough family and friends , im the single dad in school thats g-passed ) , even a 328 is respected........in the northeast section of miami dade , even a new honda is respected.....people in the slums out here b srs 

Last edited:
I feel like certain car brand owners all show love to each other no matter what year they own. For example, somebody like wcis isn't gonna bash someone for buying a 08 sti. It's the badge flossers that bash the older models
Exactly.

Same with Mustang, Camaro or Vette owners too.

The only people who care solely about how new the car is are people who buy cars to impress others or show their money.

I don't really hate or care for any cars like that anymore, besides a few old school cars

But when I was younger I surely did despise WS6, and cameo SS owners with all my heart, those were the most cockiest dudes at the street races, and they always won too :smh: those mustangs were always loud for no reason :lol:

Last edited:
35k and a newer car with less miles and better reliability does make sense but bro......

I'll copp 70k mile much older M3 an be "da man" at the gym I go too. I'll get a fresh paint job at Maaco ASAP too. Will be super clean.

What? :lol:

Yes youre the man, but no you didnt get a good deal. Thats all im saying.

WCIS knows. Just going along with the joke. I couldn't care less about what someone thinks about me driving that. It would put a smile on my face though. Look at my truck, that thing makes ME happy.
pimp.gif

a taken care of 2001 m3 >>>> those 428i's i see in downtown miami all the time .....srs

is it just me or is there a lot of beat up amg's as opposed to almost never have seeing a completely beat up M.........im not going to lie my front lights are yellowing and my front bumper is scratched in the bottom part , i got a rock chip on the hood and windshield now , and i feel like mine is in bad condition now 
tired.gif

Its not the color, its the paint used and if they actually take the doors off, quality of the actual paint job, etc.

$1600 is a bargain. A good point job will run you easily $3-4 grand.

Make sure they put more than one coat of paint on there.

Ask the guy what paint he's using and his process.

I'm not too familiar with body procedures, but you can inquire on the type/brand paint he's using. Then research and see if it's good.

the-office-ryan-notes-gif-1427208419.gif

:lol: Yea I think I remember the TSX now, it was black with tan guts right?

Man, with all the damage you're describing, that $1600 estimate is sounding like a STEAL. I'd ask the body shops what exactly they're going to do. I'd be asking questions like:
-Will they be removing the dents, and only using a minimal amount of filler? Or are they gonna do a half *** job popping them out, and then fill what is remaining with bondo.
- What paint brand do they use?
- How many hours of body work is that $1600 paying for? How much money in materials are you paying for?

Are you handy with tools and working on cars at all? You can save yourself some money, and get a better paint job, if you can remove things like door handles, mirrors, etc, ahead of time, instead of paying the shop to take them off and re-install them, or paying them to mask them (in your case, I'd be willing to bet they won't be removing ANYTHING for $1600, and will instead just be taping off things they don't want paint on).

Like I said, you get what you pay for. What is your plan with the car? Are you gonna keep it for a while (several years)? Or will you be selling it soonish? Because honestly, if you're not going to keep the car for too much longer, then I'd just bite the bullet, get the cheapest paint job you can find from somewhere that is somewhat reputable, and dump the car down the road soon after. To the average joe, even a very cheap Maaco paint job is going to look fine. And even a cheap paint job should hold up, and look decent, for at least a little while. Only a professional is really going to notice minor paint issues like orange peel or fisheyes, minor overspray in places it shouldn't be on the car, etc.

From personal experience, that slammed white 1987 Monte Carlo that I posted a page or 2 back had a cheap paint job. The previous owner had it painted cheaply (I think it only cost him around 2 grand). When I bought the car, it looked great! However, about 4 or 5 months into me owning it, a 2-3 inch crack in the paint showed up on the left rear quarter panel. I took it to a friend who does body work, and he said it was just going to get worse, and eventually I'd need to get the whole quarter panel redone :smh: . I sold that car soon after that, before it got worse. I'm not saying that will happen to every cheap paint job, but just know that when you aren't spending much money, body shops HAVE to cut corners in order to finish your job without going over the budget. Whether you'll notice those cut corners is a crap shoot.
yea man that's the car. You, picasso swerve picasso swerve , and @Nelson999 warned me to stay away but I didn't listen. I'm going to take everything you have stated in your post into consideration.

+1

ive had girls in my car , not give a crap about exhaust note or highway pulls , then notice a mercedes CLA and an infiniti q50 and point them out "look i like that car"

i live in the hood by the way , and if youre REALLY in the hood like me ( no tough guy , tough family and friends , im the single dad in school thats g-passed ) , even a 328 is respected........in the northeast section of miami dade , even a new honda is respected.....people in the slums out here b srs 
bro shut up :lol:

How many people in this thread work on their on car? I'm talking more involved than light bulb and oil changes.

Yep and he drove a sedan cop car
laugh.gif

We (NT in general) are just from different areas and different social classes which is really what makes our opinions different. In the caucasian upper middle to upper class, your cars and coffee guys or the tuner/enthusiast/gear head class, ANY M from any generation is loved and respected, just like countless other makes and models.

+1

Don't listen to girls when it comes to cars. I was looking at pictures of Lamborghini Gallardos online and this girl came up to me and told me she loved Camaros

M3 owners love calling people ignorant to cars, didn't someone mention that on the other page :lol:

Yep and he drove a sedan cop car :lol:

It's hilarious that you call my car a cop car when there are more BMW cop fleet cars in Europe than there are Chargers cop fleet cars in America.

In just the last 72 hours you claimed a m3 would dominate and a gt mustang in everything performance related.

Then you attempt to throw shade by calling my car a cop car when bmws are the fleet option in Europe.

But yeah I don't know cars. :lol:

Last edited:
How many people in this thread work on their on car? I'm talking more involved than light bulb and oil changes.

I will do small things but i wont open a motor or trans.

The most labor intensive thing ive done was help my pops replace the clutch in my honda

+1

i live in the hood by the way , and if youre REALLY in the hood like me

People who live in the hood with late model luxury cars are stunters

I'm Not sure if I'm joking, part of me thinks that, the other doesn't

Last edited:
Ive done suspension work with my boy (whos a tech for Toyota so maybe it doesnt count) and installed a few easier mods (intake, shortshifters, etc). I dont consider myself a tech by all means though, still need to YT everything. :lol:

I dont think copping a new 328i is a bad thing either, and I dont consider it badge flossing. Flossing is more the attitude of the driver.

Last edited:
I would do much more work on it, if I had adequate space. I don't have a garage and I don't live in a house, none of the people I know have a garage either and I don't know if they would let me work on my car in their drive way.

So far with the help of my dad I have replaced some old parts with new ones. These parts include headlights, HID ballasts, intake manifold, starter, and radiator.

I worked on all my Hondas (engine replacement and all), I didn't touch my bmw outside of oil and brake changes. I'll probably work on my truck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom